Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Michael Benveniste[_2_]
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras December 15th 15, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
The answer is #42

On 12/14/2015 1:15 PM, android wrote:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon.

Mail to the site? Really? As in letters on paper? Well, I guess it
is...
Forum: Digital Photography December 15th 15, 05:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 15
The answer is #42

On 12/14/2015 1:15 PM, android wrote:
There has been alot of mail to the site asking why I prefer Canon over
Nikon.

Mail to the site? Really? As in letters on paper? Well, I guess it
is...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras February 1st 15, 06:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
D7000 Liveview switch

On 1/31/2015 10:18 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
I could be tempted to buy a macro lens but only if I'm sure I'd actually
get a reasonable amount of use from it.

A good 100 macro also makes a nice...
Forum: Digital Photography January 8th 15, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
D7000 Liveview switch

On 1/8/2015 1:52 AM, android wrote:

sooo... the nikons are using the meter by the prism in liveview?
live and learn!

Quoting Nikon, "Since the imaging sensor constantly streams data for
the LCD...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras January 8th 15, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
D7000 Liveview switch

On 1/8/2015 1:52 AM, android wrote:

sooo... the nikons are using the meter by the prism in liveview?
live and learn!

Quoting Nikon, "Since the imaging sensor constantly streams data for
the LCD...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment March 8th 14, 05:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
Minolta Dual Scan II, Firewire

On 3/1/2014 11:30 PM, Martin Riddle wrote:
Hey guys,

Anyone still scanning film? I have a Dual scan that causes a blue
screen under win7 64bit using the firewire connection. It works fine
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 6th 13, 03:44 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
[SI] PBase site renewal

On 12/2/2013 5:53 PM, Michael Benveniste wrote:
On 12/2/2013 12:28 PM, Bowser wrote:
The PBase site is up for renewal. I have no plans to renew it. If
anyone out there wants to renew it, let...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment December 2nd 13, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 9
[SI] PBase site renewal

On 12/2/2013 12:28 PM, Bowser wrote:
The PBase site is up for renewal. I have no plans to renew it. If
anyone out there wants to renew it, let me know and I'll send the
login info.

I think...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment September 6th 13, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 64
[SI] New Mandate: "For Sale"

On 9/5/2013 1:21 PM, Bowser wrote:

Let's see what you've got. For Sale is due October 6th, 2013.

I won't be in Washington D.C. this month, so I can't submit a picture
of the Capitol or the White...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 25th 11, 09:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Just got a Nikon D50 SLR kit.

On 7/25/2011 3:04 PM, eatmorepies wrote:

I like to use a lens hood to protect the front element of the lens - it also
reduces the chance of flare and may well increase contast.

Excellent point....
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 25th 11, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 14
Just got a Nikon D50 SLR kit.

On 7/25/2011 7:07 AM, David wrote:
I think about 5 years old but is as new and I do appreciate it will be a
basic early model, way back in the days of real film I used an Olympus
SLR and most...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 11, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Why no 28-300/18-200 lenses with lower f-stop?

On 7/14/2011 10:02 AM, Bruce wrote:

I agree, it is the worst feature of the 75-150mm. However, it doesn't
affect the Nikon 70-210mm f/4 Series E, when it might be expected to.
I have a...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 14th 11, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3
Why no 28-300/18-200 lenses with lower f-stop?

On 7/14/2011 10:02 AM, Bruce wrote:

I agree, it is the worst feature of the 75-150mm. However, it doesn't
affect the Nikon 70-210mm f/4 Series E, when it might be expected to.
I have a...
Forum: Digital Photography July 14th 11, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Why no 28-300/18-200 lenses with lower f-stop?

On 7/13/2011 5:44 PM, Bruce wrote:
Michael wrote:

The fact it was made under contract by Cosina makes it all
the more remarkable.

The 75-150mm is a fine lens,...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 14th 11, 12:59 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 3

Michael wrote:

The fact it was made under contract by Cosina makes it all
the more remarkable.

The 75-150mm is a fine lens,...
Forum: Digital Photography July 13th 11, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 26
Why no 28-300/18-200 lenses with lower f-stop?

On 7/10/2011 2:11 PM, Sandman wrote:

What I am wonder is why such a lens can't be made that is either 2.8
straight through or has an at least lower f-stop throughout (say 2.8
- 4).

It could...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 1st 11, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Why pre-ordering is dangerous (and often stupid)

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 11:52:09 -0400, Alan Browne wrote:

The real fact is that by constraining a case, picking numbers you can
make the case for leasing as long as the buyer does not consider...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras July 1st 11, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Why pre-ordering is dangerous (and often stupid)

On 7/1/2011 9:51 AM, Alan Browne wrote:

Real cherry picking. I'm not sifting through your data, validating it
and then cherry picking the counter part.

Looking back up the thread, I see that...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 30th 11, 11:13 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Why pre-ordering is dangerous (and often stupid)

On 6/30/2011 5:14 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

I didn't say end value, but end "state". To compare you have to bring
both cases to a close if not equal end state.

Read your own post. The phrase "end...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras June 30th 11, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Why pre-ordering is dangerous (and often stupid)

On 6/29/2011 8:53 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

Prove it. Give me an actual case that shows end value better in a lease
vs. an outright purchase for a car at a given price. Don't forget all
the...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 28th 11, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
How many Nikon 24-120mm's have their been?

"RichA" wrote:

Keep waiting. The last time I proved a point doing that (the DOF
test), the naysayers ran back under the rocks without a word.

I'm shocked, simply...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 27th 11, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
How many Nikon 24-120mm's have their been?

"Rich" wrote:

"Special?" In what sense? They had D, ED, ED VR and the new f4.0
across the board.

The non-VR ED version would be "special," because if it ever
existed it...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 27th 11, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
How many Nikon 24-120mm's have their been?

"Rich" wrote:

I tried one on the D300. The 16-85 wipes the floor with it.

Please feel free to post comparison shots along with the
reference to those other "special"...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras April 27th 11, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
How many Nikon 24-120mm's have their been?

"RichA" wrote:

I figure at least four up to the new f4.0 unit. Never well-regarded,
but the new one did allow Nikon to almost double the price from the
last one from...
Forum: 35mm Photo Equipment April 11th 11, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Replies: 11
Bowser - SI mandate suggestion

"tony cooper" wrote:

It could be weapons or people using weapons. That could bring in
anything from Reenactors to sport competitions so the contributors
need...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125