Showing results 1 to 25 of 125
Search took 7.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sandman
Forum: Digital Photography April 30th 21, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Sandman
Example of how people get scammed on Ebay

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

JT:
Did you scroll down?

Eric Stevens:
Yes. It appears to be a different camera. The...
Forum: Digital Photography April 17th 21, 09:22 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Sandman
Example of how people get scammed on Ebay

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman:
The listings has ended, you have to click "see original item" to
go to the listing. Here are the...
Forum: Digital Photography April 16th 21, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 27
Posted By Sandman
Example of how people get scammed on Ebay

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

nospam:
In article , Eric
Stevens

RichA:
Same...
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 21, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Sandman
Insure your cameras and lenses like your phone?

In article , Incubus wrote:

Incubus:
As part of my household contents insurance policy, I have
declared certain items that I take outside of the house
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 21, 11:06 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

In article , Incubus wrote:

Incubus:
As part of my household contents insurance policy, I have
declared certain items that I take outside of the house
Forum: Digital Photography April 15th 21, 10:12 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Sandman
Insure your cameras and lenses like your phone?

In article , Incubus wrote:

Bill W:
I’ll start by saying that I know that insurance in general is a
bad bet. But I got a pretty good deal on an expensive...
Forum: Digital Photography May 27th 20, 10:13 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Sandman
Film camera

In article , Alfred Molon wrote:

In article
,
Forum: Digital Photography August 9th 19, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 1
Posted By Sandman
108MP smartphone

In article , RichA wrote:

Alfred Molon:
No point buying the 61MP Sony, now you can have a 108MP
smartphone:
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 19, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Alfred Molon wrote:

Sandman:
There are plenty of slower, and thus smaller, lenses for FF too.
FF lenses are generally bigger...
Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 19, 09:23 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Ken Hart wrote:

Sandman:
Also, what system is "more portable" than a Sony A7?

Alfred Molon:
FF lenses are HUGE ;-)

Forum: Digital Photography August 4th 19, 09:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Alfred Molon wrote:

Sandman:
The thing with crop lenses is that
they let in less light

Of course - because the sensors...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 19, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Alfred Molon wrote:

Sandman:
Also, what system is "more portable" than a Sony A7?

FF lenses are HUGE ;-)

Which ones? I have...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 19, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Savageduck
wrote:

Alfred Molon:
I'm just curious why he needs a FF system.

Few of us NEED, or can justify a need for...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 19, 07:42 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Alfred Molon wrote:

Savageduck:
You do realize that you are addressing our Swedish pal Sandman,
who has an irrepressible urge,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 19, 07:40 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Savageduck
wrote:

Alfred Molon:
How about a smaller, more portable system?

You do realize that you are addressing...
Forum: Digital Photography August 3rd 19, 07:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

In article , Alfred Molon wrote:

How about a smaller, more portable system?

I already have a significant investment in Nikon and Sony, I have no...
Forum: Digital Photography July 31st 19, 07:53 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 28
Posted By Sandman
Going all-in on Sony

So, I've been toying with the idea of going all-in with Sony. Currently, when I'm
on a shoot, I bring my Nikon D800E as my main rig, just because I have the best
glass for it. But I could buy...
Forum: Digital Photography July 27th 19, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Sandman
Finally a decent travel zoom from Fuji

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Alfred Molon:
, because the exposure is the same at F4
and 1/100s both on the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 26th 19, 12:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Sandman
Finally a decent travel zoom from Fuji

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Alfred Molon:
, because the exposure is the same at F4 and
1/100s both on the small sensor...
Forum: Digital Photography July 26th 19, 07:02 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Sandman
Finally a decent travel zoom from Fuji

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Both physical factors of the lens are affected when
comparing crop to full format. That's why a f4 m43...
Forum: Digital Photography July 26th 19, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Sandman
Finally a decent travel zoom from Fuji

In article , Alfred Molon wrote:

Sandman:
just as the
equivalent aperture is F6 (not F8, my bad)

There is no such thing as an...
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 19, 11:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Sandman
Finally a decent travel zoom from Fuji

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman:
Just as focal length is, by definition, the lens's ability to
converge light. It's a fixed property...
Forum: Digital Photography July 25th 19, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Sandman
Finally a decent travel zoom from Fuji

In article , Alfred Molon
wrote:

Sandman:
Both physical factors of the lens are affected when comparing crop
to full format. That's why a...
Forum: Digital Photography July 24th 19, 07:25 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 52
Posted By Sandman
Finally a decent travel zoom from Fuji

In article , Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman:
Just as it's a 16-80mm lens. It's just that it's
equivalent to a 24-120/f8 on full...
Forum: Digital Photography July 23rd 19, 10:22 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Sandman
Nikon and the difference between pros and amateurs

In article , RichA wrote:

I've noticed that amateurs will use the D850 DSLR for wildlife
shots. Pros use the D5. The D5 only has 1/2 the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125