Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Les Stewart
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 07, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Les Stewart
All image stabilization is a HOAX!

"Rita Ä Berkowitz" wrote

Why would you even want to upgrade when Bill Gates said, "640K is more
memory than anyone will ever need" in their computers.

Nit picking skeptic...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 07, 06:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Les Stewart
!!! About the "Sporging" Threat to rec.photo.digital

There was the same threat to rec.birds the other day.... they weren't
kidding!!

There is a new ugly phenomena making the rounds of newsgroups. It is called
"sporge flooding". Without going into...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 15
Posted By Les Stewart
Rookie Battery Question about Canon S3

Recently purchased a Canon S3 SI camera. The manual says to only use Canon
AA NIMH rechargeable batteries. Now I assume any brand of NIMH rechargeable
is ok, but am I doing any harm or causing any...
Forum: Digital Photography August 8th 07, 03:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Les Stewart
Digital camera with stereo sound recording

"rainandsnow" wrote
A good digital stereo sound recorder costs a few hundred pounds. I'd like
to have one. I'd also need a new digital camera - so wondered if I could
kill two birds with one...
Forum: Digital Photography August 2nd 07, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc
Replies: 79
Posted By Les Stewart
Is there a camera which stands out over the other? ... a Perfect 10!

"Pat" wrote

If no camera is perfect, this has to be close:
http://www.adorama.com/HSCF39MSH2K.html?sid=11860628272826597

$42,995.00.......... and "battery not included" LOL!
--
Les
Forum: Digital Photography July 13th 07, 01:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital

"Allen" wrote

What part of the coast? I live in Austin and in the past I've made many
trips to the GC, from the Port Arthur area to Galveston to Corpus to South
Padre to...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Les Stewart
Rookie Help Needed - Can This Camera Be Fixed - Link to Pictures

"ASAAR" wrote

Actually, after looking at one of your pictures, the color
aberration seems so extreme that I wonder if one of the lens
elements didn't come loose or become...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Les Stewart
Rookie Help Needed - PROBLEM SOLVED

While looking through the Canon web site and being offered a repair for $87
plus shipping, I found a "CCd Image Sensor Advisory" which states they will
fix the problem reguardless of age for free...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 09:48 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Les Stewart
Rookie Help Needed - Can This Camera Be Fixed - Link to Pictures

"Allen" wrote

About the LCD images--do they appear "smeared" when examining them
_before_ you expose, or is this after you have taken the picture and are
viewing the...
Forum: Digital Photography July 12th 07, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 19
Posted By Les Stewart
Rookie Help Needed - Can This Camera Be Fixed - Link to Pictures

These pictures were recently taken with my Canon PowerShot A60 (2 megapixel
with 3x optical zoom) which has worked well for 2 years. Recently all the
pictures are coming out smeared like these. I...
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10