Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
Search took 0.56 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Newsgroup User
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 30th 06, 02:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 46
Posted By Newsgroup User
RAW Conversion: Adobe Capture Raw vs. Canon Digital Photo Pro

Jeremy Nixon wrote:

This is the point I keep trying to make: you are under the impression that
"as shot" means anything at all other than "what the vendor software makes
it look like by...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 29th 06, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 46
Posted By Newsgroup User
RAW Conversion: Adobe Capture Raw vs. Canon Digital Photo Pro

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
Newsgroup User wrote:

It didn't start out this way, but as Apple got better with their RAW
conversion routines, the output has gotten much...
Forum: Digital Photography October 29th 06, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 265
Posted By Newsgroup User
Planning on buying Vista?

Stewy wrote:

Sorry. I thought MS was just out their to make money, I hadn't realised
they'd actually done something.
MS does things, but they are rarely in the consumer's best interest.

Forum: Fine Art, Framing and Display October 28th 06, 10:59 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.technique.art,uk.rec.photo.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Newsgroup User
Poor prints from Photoshop CS2

Luis Ortega wrote:
Printing from Photoshop CS2 has become a real headache.
All of the prints are too dark
......snip.....
My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 913n and my printer is an Epson...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 28th 06, 10:51 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 9
Posted By Newsgroup User
Battery Charger

Antoine Dese wrote:
To cover all bases, I'm carrying three battery chargers in my camera bag.
One for my Canon 30D batteries (BP511), one for my Sony P&S camera
(NP-BG1), and one for...
Forum: Digital SLR Cameras October 28th 06, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Replies: 46
Posted By Newsgroup User
RAW Conversion: Adobe Capture Raw vs. Canon Digital Photo Pro

Jeremy Nixon wrote:
chung wrote:

I am with you here, W. There IS such thing as "AS SHOT" selection in
ACR.

Of course there is, but since it's different software,...
Forum: Digital Photography August 23rd 06, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Newsgroup User
Samsung Ignores Mac Users

wrote:
Hi, I just bought a Samsung D365Wi DV Camcorder and none of the
software works on my Mac (400mhz G4 iMac OSX10.3.9) and Samsung tech
support don't support Macs...
Forum: Digital Photography August 18th 06, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Newsgroup User
Compaq Presario Not Recongnized Memory Cards in Memory Card Reader

ASAAR wrote:
On Tue, 15 Aug 2006 18:23:52 -0400, Newsgroup User put down his
crayons long enough to type:

I'll have to take your word for it that you find Windows reminders
or alerts...
Forum: Digital Photography August 15th 06, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Newsgroup User
Compaq Presario Not Recongnized Memory Cards in Memory Card Reader

ASAAR wrote:
have yours. Yours work for you, mine work for me. If you think
about it, this is probably why you're still using a Mac, and why I
prefer to avoid them. :)

I graduated out of...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 06, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Newsgroup User
Qimage

Stacey wrote:
Newsgroup User wrote:

Quicker to just leave the camera on P And shoot away (10d) than mess in
the menus to select JPEG.

LOL you shoot in "P" and are worried about...
Forum: Digital Photography August 13th 06, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Newsgroup User
Compaq Presario Not Recongnized Memory Cards in Memory Card Reader

ASAAR wrote:

The reason I'd want to see it is immaterial. A better question
might ask, if I want to see it, why would I want to forego the file
browser (which I have running more than 99%...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 06, 03:38 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Newsgroup User
Qimage

bugbear wrote:
Newsgroup User wrote:
Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Who shoots raw and makes no
adjustments?

I do. When I...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 06, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Newsgroup User
Qimage

Hebee Jeebes wrote:
Right now you maybe right. However, Adobe Lightroom will change that since
it DOES allow for image adjustments and printing without ever having to
convert to a bitmap...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 06, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Newsgroup User
Compaq Presario Not Recongnized Memory Cards in Memory Card Reader

Roy G wrote:

As for Macs, and their so called intuitive systems. I can always remember
putting a blank disc into the CD reader, and nearly having to dismantle the
bloody thing to get it out...
Forum: Digital Photography August 10th 06, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Newsgroup User
Compaq Presario Not Recongnized Memory Cards in Memory Card Reader

ASAAR wrote:

For once I prefer Microsoft's method. If I plug a reader into the
USB, I want to see the drive appear even if a card isn't plugged
into it. Card readers are considered to be...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 06, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 47
Posted By Newsgroup User
Qimage

Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!) wrote:

This makes absolutely no sense at all. Who shoots raw and makes no
adjustments?

I do. When I shoot family functions and don't want to bother with...
Forum: Digital Photography August 7th 06, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 17
Posted By Newsgroup User
Compaq Presario Not Recongnized Memory Cards in Memory Card Reader

Roy G wrote:

What you are supposed to do is Right Click on the drive with the card and
select "Eject", but that does nothing for my Presario Reader, the light does
not go out or...
Showing results 1 to 17 of 17