RichA wrote:

mind. So, why bring out an 105mm for the same purpose, but change its
optical...
Forum: Digital Photography November 13th 16, 06:57 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Ciszek
The irony of zoom lens performance

Savageduck wrote:
On 2016-11-13 06:08:49 +0000, RichA said:

That wide...
Forum: Digital Photography November 12th 16, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Superb in body image stabilization

In article , Me wrote:
On 12/11/2016 13:58, Paul Ciszek wrote:

Did anyone save a copy of this before it was taken down? I did, but
Forum: Digital Photography November 12th 16, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Superb in body image stabilization

In article , Noons wrote:
On 7/11/2016 8:07 @wiz, Me wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/kAEwAmI.gifv

Multi axis, rotational, doesn't flatten...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 16, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 114
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Happy election day!

Savageduck wrote:

I have held my nose and made my pick for national nausiator from the
choice...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 16, 05:38 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 20
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Superb in body image stabilization

In article ,
newshound wrote:
On 11/7/2016 6:06 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 16, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Mid-line camera prices creep towards the $2000 mark, middle class dispensed with, really

In article ,
android wrote:

My unsolicited advice for those that want a compact ILC is to not use a
smaller sensor than...
Forum: Digital Photography November 8th 16, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Mid-line camera prices creep towards the $2000 mark, middle classdispensed with, really

In article ,
RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 3 November 2016 19:25:25 UTC-4, Paul Ciszek wrote:

You are looking at...
Forum: Digital Photography November 3rd 16, 11:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 6
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Mid-line camera prices creep towards the $2000 mark, middle classdispensed with, really

In article ,
RichA wrote:
They just announced the price of the new Olympus E-M1 revision. It's
$1999.00. The...
Forum: Digital Photography November 3rd 16, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.photography,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 10
Posted By Paul Ciszek
How good is Gimp?

In article ,
android wrote:
Cross posted to: rec.photo.digital

In article ,
"Russell D."...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 14, 11:33 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Olympus debuts its 40-150 Pro Zoom for u4/3

Photographers have been pleased with the Olympus OM-D E-M1 and the "Pro"
quality 12-40mm f2.8 zoom that was released along with it. Now there are
finally some pictures taken with the companion lens...
Forum: Digital Photography September 22nd 14, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 2
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Eye Robot (with apologies to Isaac Asimov)

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:
http://www.investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=3666&mn=738820&pt=msg&mid=14174436

The PopSci link...
Forum: Digital Photography May 20th 14, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 3
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Does FOTGA have any product information?

www.fotga.com just shows me an image, nothing clickable. I can't even
"view page source" for some reason. Anyway, they do make products and
sell them, right? Are there products listed...
Forum: Digital Photography April 19th 14, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Full colour sensor research

In article ,
charles wrote:
On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 00:21:20 +0000 (UTC), (Paul
Ciszek) wrote:

In article...
Forum: Digital Photography April 16th 14, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Full colour sensor research

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:
In article , Paul Ciszek says...

I saw an article...
Forum: Digital Photography April 14th 14, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 7
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Full colour sensor research

In article ,
nospam wrote:

bayer is an ideal tradeoff for human generation and consumption of
images and it's going to be...
Forum: Digital Photography April 13th 14, 10:47 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 4
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Anti-static dusters?

I have had some trouble keeping my lenses and filters dust-free. The
various micro-fiber cloths--and I have tried a lot of different ones--
leave tons of lint behind, if you bother to look with a...
Forum: Digital Photography April 11th 14, 06:57 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Rapid camera tech changes create whole new mindset amongst users

In article ,
nospam wrote:

go find something that comes close to nikon's 14-24mm. you can't. even
nikon said it's better than...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 14, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Rapid camera tech changes create whole new mindset amongst users

In article ,
nospam wrote:
In article , Paul Ciszek
wrote:

The mindset...
Forum: Digital Photography April 8th 14, 03:09 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 49
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Rapid camera tech changes create whole new mindset amongst users

The mindset some guys on Flickr seem to have is that bodies come and go,
it's your collection of lenses that continue to be useful.

--
Money is Speech
Corporations are People

In article ,
Eric Stevens wrote:

A few weeks ago I posted a link to work that may lead to a lensless
camera with an...
Forum: Digital Photography April 5th 14, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 8
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Should I short digital camera manufacturers?

In article ,
Mathis Lefebvre wrote:

With every single person holding a cellphone camera in their...
Forum: Digital Photography March 24th 14, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 0
Posted By Paul Ciszek
This is one Hasselblad "Lunar" I would like to own

http://gizmodo.com/this-hasselblad-camera-used-on-the-moon-just-sold-nea-1550241803

--
Please reply to: | "Try to imagine a row of computers programmed by
pciszek at panix dot com |...

In article , Me wrote:

They were also (I expect) the most popular widely visited and trusted
"expert" photography website for many years,...
Forum: Digital Photography February 21st 14, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital
Replies: 9
Posted By Paul Ciszek
Lomo got $1.4M to design its Petzval. Why don't camera companies do this?

In article ,
RichA wrote:
Imagine, Nikon does it, will give you a 70-200mm F/2.8 for $1900 instead
of the $2500 it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 125