I need to crop 50 Windows screen shots to the bottom left corner.
The initial screen shots were taken with Irfanview on Windows.
I can't do them again as the conditions have...
Forum: Digital Photography March 3rd 18, 11:18 PM Posted to alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

Alan Browne wrote:
On 2018-03-03 15:35, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , Alan
Browne writes:
On...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 18, 03:32 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Ken Blake wrote:

"Why RAID is (usually) a Terrible Idea"
http://www.pugetsystems.com/articles?&id=29

Yikes. I only googled and saw that...
Forum: Digital Photography February 28th 18, 03:16 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

nospam wrote:
In article , Ken Blake
wrote:

I've bought a new terabyte disk, and now have two terabyte disks side by
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 18, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

nospam wrote:
In article , ultred
ragnusen wrote:

The whole saga is over and done with since Microsoft can't recover...
Forum: Digital Photography February 27th 18, 05:18 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

I had another think about this, and the first question I've
got is

What utility is this ? "Finished" box.

Forum: Digital Photography February 25th 18, 03:58 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

Once I burn the ISO to a disk will it be 'bootable' or will additional
action be required first?
It requires dancing a jig...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 09:52 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

Once I burn the ISO to a disk will it be 'bootable' or will additional
action be required first?
It requires dancing a jig...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 06:25 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

David B. wrote:
On 24/02/2018 08:07, Mike S wrote:

You can do a startup repair and then a complete 10 repair install with
a free w10 dvd (you d/l the iso for).

w10 disk image
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

I'll read up s'more on ddrescue. Thanks. We should probably take this out
of the r.p.d ng because it's off topic so I'll post a...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 08:17 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general

ultred ragnusen wrote:

I'll read up s'more on ddrescue. Thanks. We should probably take this out
of the r.p.d ng because it's off topic so I'll post a separate thread.

If you have something...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 04:04 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

nospam wrote:
In article , Wolf K
wrote:

If your system can't recognise the drive, you'll have to take it to a
tech shop that...
Forum: Digital Photography February 24th 18, 02:55 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Paul wrote:

We're always here to help you with your data corruption problems.

Just be patient when it happens, OK ?

Now that the...
Forum: Digital Photography February 22nd 18, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 109
Posted By Paul[_10_]
A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windows withoutinstalling anything on either

ultred ragnusen wrote:
Wolf K wrote:

AFAIK, Windows sees all USB-connected cameras, including phones. But
unlike USB flash-drives, they do not have to be Removed....
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 18, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 114
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping

J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , Mayayana
writes:
"nospam" wrote

| On the other hand, PDF seems...
Forum: Digital Photography February 19th 18, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 114
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping

ultred ragnusen wrote:
wrote:

When opening a JPG, Fastone insists on an obnoxious full screen mode.
I couldn't find a way to turn that horrid always-full-screen setting off.

Try the...
Forum: Digital Photography February 18th 18, 08:28 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 114
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Windows freeware to lock in a 3: or 4:3 aspect ratio for cropping

Savageduck wrote:
nospam wrote:
In article , Savageduck
wrote:

In Windows...
Forum: Digital Photography February 7th 18, 01:26 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 110
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Malware on an Apple Mac? Surely not!

David B. wrote:
On 03/02/2018 17:47, David B. wrote:
[....]
THanks for that, Paul.

You MAY care to review/answer the item found he-

Forum: Digital Photography January 31st 18, 03:46 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.system,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 110
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Malware on an Apple Mac? Surely not!

Mayayana wrote:
"David B." wrote

| I have never had any problems with viruses,
| malware, worms or trojans on any of my Macs in all these years.

I...
Forum: Digital Photography January 16th 18, 11:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

Jonathan N. Little wrote:
Eco Clean wrote:
- Jonathan N. Little wrote:

So the goal is not to save to an image format, and just tile out of the
creation program, right?

That...
Forum: Digital Photography January 15th 18, 07:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

Jeff wrote:
Eco Clean wrote in
Is there a way to print *directly* to plastic clear sheets using a
standard laser printer? Printing to the plastic might be easier...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 03:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

Eco Clean wrote:
- Paul wrote:

1) Open LibreOffice Calc.
2) Drop JPG onto spreadsheet.
3) Print

It takes as many pages to print, as the JPG covers up.

I first tried to open...
Forum: Digital Photography January 14th 18, 01:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Replies: 151
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

Eco Clean wrote:
- Eco Clean wrote:

And why is the size completely wrong?

Here is a photo of what the paper looks like next to the sign blank.
Forum: Digital Photography December 14th 17, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.video.desktop
Replies: 25
Posted By Paul[_10_]
Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter ghosting in allmy photos & videos of engine valves?

Arthur Wood wrote:
Is there an easy way to stop this light scatter sparkling in all my photos
& videos of engine valves. What specifically is causing all the ghosting
and sparkling?

I'm...
Forum: Digital Photography October 7th 17, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 122
Posted By Paul[_10_]
What's a good free Windows video editor that crops out data inthe MP4 video frame?

harry newton wrote:

A quick look just now only shows 4 "current" threads, 3 of which appear to
be completely off topic, but none of which have any followups.

It used to be a very good...