PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Roller Coaster Ride over The San Andreas Fault (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=127786)

Savageduck[_3_] October 19th 14 03:35 AM

Roller Coaster Ride over The San Andreas Fault

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy
58 crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

Savageduck

Bowser October 20th 14 01:04 PM

Roller Coaster Ride over The San Andreas Fault

On Sat, 18 Oct 2014 19:35:20 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy
58 crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

I've got to believe I've seen that stretch of road in many, many
movies.

Nicely done.

Savageduck[_3_] October 20th 14 02:07 PM

wrote:

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy
58 crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

I've got to believe I've seen that stretch of road in many, many
movies.

Nicely done.

Thanks.

That is California Hwy 58. I don't know about being a location for many
movies, but I am sure that is possible, as it is reasonably accessible
and could definitely be evocative of a stretch of desolate highway.

The shot is GPS geotagged and that is embedded in the EXIF meta data.
So you can post these coordinates into Google maps to show the spot I
shot from. Then zoom out to see were that is in relation to better
known California locations.
35.351372,-119.98439

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_978.jpg

Savageduck

George Kerby October 20th 14 03:28 PM

Roller Coaster Ride over The San Andreas Fault

wrote:

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy
58 crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

I've got to believe I've seen that stretch of road in many, many
movies.

Nicely done.

Zabriski Point comes to mind...

Savageduck[_3_] October 20th 14 04:14 PM

On 2014-10-20 14:28:29 +0000, George Kerby said:

wrote:

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy
58 crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

I've got to believe I've seen that stretch of road in many, many
movies.

Nicely done.

Zabriski Point comes to mind...

That was Death Valley.

Savageduck

PeterN[_5_] October 20th 14 05:22 PM

On 10/18/2014 10:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy 58
crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

Here is a local roller coaster. Note there are cars in the image, which
was minimally processed. ;-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20140621_mermaid%20parade_2878.jpg

--
PeterN

Savageduck[_3_] October 20th 14 05:32 PM

On 2014-10-20 16:22:21 +0000, PeterN said:

On 10/18/2014 10:35 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy 58
crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

Here is a local roller coaster. Note there are cars in the image, which
was minimally processed. ;-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/20140621_mermaid%20parade_2878.jpg

Mine

was more of the metaphoric roller coaster than the literal.

Savageduck

Jeff October 21st 14 05:46 AM

Roller Coaster Ride over The San Andreas Fault

Savageduck wrote in

wrote:

[...]

The Google street view makes it look much less dramatic.

--
IBA #55224

Savageduck[_3_] October 21st 14 06:13 AM

Savageduck wrote in

wrote:

[...]

You just have to squeeze the potential out of what you see and capture.
That way you can create something other than a postcard snapshot.

Savageduck

George Kerby October 21st 14 09:43 PM

Roller Coaster Ride over The San Andreas Fault

On 10/20/14 10:14 AM, in article
201410200814333950-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

On 2014-10-20 14:28:29 +0000, George Kerby said:

wrote:

Here is another "heavily" post processed shot taken out where the San
Andreas Fault Line cuts through the Carrizo Plain, and California Hwy
58 crosses it.
https://db.tt/6OrJyaJk

I've got to believe I've seen that stretch of road in many, many
movies.

Nicely done.

Zabriski Point comes to mind...

That was Death Valley.

And it was a LONG time ago that I saw that movie.

A mind s a terrible thing...