PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Nikon to release a decent compact camera...but with a FIXED lens!! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=125311)

Mike S. February 20th 13 07:09 PM

Nikon to release a decent compact camera...but with a FIXED lens!!

In article , Mort wrote:
RichA wrote:
What a mistake. They will do ANYTHING to preserve the domain of the
DSLR. Fixed lens compacts, no matter how they are specked out are one-
step up from camera phones.

http://nikonrumors.com/2013/02/18/ni...rocessor.aspx/

Hi,

This brings back old memories. I have a Nikon 35 Ti film camera, with a
fixed 35mm f 2.8 lens that was exceedingly sharp. The camera was built
like an elegant army tank, and had retro needle pointer dials. The
pictures that I took with it were quite sharp and free of visible
aberrations. I used it as a pocket camera, when I could not bring my 14
pounds of Nikon F equipment along. Its only problem was its high price.

Got one too, as well as the competitor from Minolta (TC). Unfortunately,
film-based photography was already on the way out by that time.