PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Finally famous (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131801)

philo October 18th 18 01:29 AM

Finally famous

https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

PeterN[_7_] October 19th 18 09:14 PM

Finally famous

On 10/17/2018 8:29 PM, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

Congratulations.

--
PeterN

philo October 22nd 18 02:52 PM

Finally famous

On 10/19/18 3:14 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/17/2018 8:29 PM, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

Congratulations.

Thank you.

This month I've sold the 4th and 5th photos of my 50 year career :)

PeterN[_7_] October 22nd 18 06:15 PM

Finally famous

On 10/22/2018 9:52 AM, philo wrote:
On 10/19/18 3:14 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 10/17/2018 8:29 PM, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

Congratulations.

Thank you.

This month I've sold the 4th and 5th photos of my 50 year career :)

You have done better than me, which is not hard. ;-)

In the past, I discouraged inquiries about selling. However, this year
the owner of a local camera store, who is a member of one of my clubs,
gave me a some equipment, a focus adjustment, and a sensor cleaning, in
exchange for a print he liked. I had an inquiry from someone who saw
some of my prints at a library show: but since it was for a no kill
animal shelter, I gave her the print.

I have no idea when my photo career started, but I can safely say over
seventy years ago. I started with a using my mother's camera, when I was
about 8, a few years later I got my own brownie. In high-school I got my
first SLR, Exacta V with f2 Biotar, and a wet darkroom.

--
PeterN

PeterN[_7_] October 22nd 18 06:57 PM

Finally famous

On 10/22/2018 1:15 PM, PeterN wrote:
[...]

That should read "Exacta VX...."

--
PeterN

Alan Browne[_2_] October 22nd 18 11:59 PM

Finally famous

On 2018-10-17 20:29, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

Congrats. You can smoke in a bar in Milwaukee? Or is that an older photo?

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."

newshound October 23rd 18 12:09 PM

Finally famous

On 2018-10-17 20:29, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

Congrats.* You can smoke in a bar in Milwaukee?* Or is that an older photo?

Bit like France, then.

philo October 26th 18 04:16 PM

Finally famous

On 10/22/18 12:57 PM, PeterN wrote:
[...]

OK

At any rate, when I was a kid I started with a brownie but my dad gave
me his old bellows-type camera (Probably a Junior Six 20 or similar)

It had a light leak and only one image came out at all so I threw it out.

Looking back I realize all I would have had to have done is put a piece
of black tape over the small hole or holes.

Anyway I enjoy doing this but it's nice if someone buys one.

philo October 26th 18 04:18 PM

Finally famous

On 10/22/18 5:55 PM, RichA wrote:
On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 20:29:17 UTC-4, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

Nice images.

Thanks

BTW if interested here are more of my wife's paintings

https://www.iwanttobepaint.com/

philo October 26th 18 04:19 PM

Finally famous

On 2018-10-17 20:29, philo wrote:
https://www.milwaukeemag.com/unforge...y-still-visit/

Congrats.* You can smoke in a bar in Milwaukee?* Or is that an older photo?

Fortunately smoking was banned about eight years ago.

There are a few cigar bars and hookah bars permitted though.

I avoid them