PhotoBanter.com

-   -   irfanview .ra plug in (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=45783)

[email protected] April 21st 05 10:45 AM

irfanview .ra plug in

hi guys
I know this refers to an .ra plug in but I thought there would be more
experts on irfanview here than anywhere else.....
I downloaded the above plug in for real audio player. But when I try
to open an .ra music sample off Amazon.co.uk although irfanview is
automatically opened I get an error message saying:
"c:/documents and settings/tp 600/local settings/temporary internet
files/content ie5/0D680HQV/HURL[1].ra: Can't read file header!
Unknown file format!"
Why is this if I have downloaded the .ra plug in?

[email protected] April 21st 05 01:26 PM

As I'm definitely not an Irfanwiewologist, I'd advise you to try
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358
Media Player Classic. It simply works.

[email protected] April 21st 05 01:26 PM

[email protected] April 21st 05 09:08 PM

wrote:

As I'm definitely not an Irfanwiewologist, I'd advise you to try
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=84358
Media Player Classic. It simply works.

I second that opinion!

Onno Voors April 22nd 05 07:40 PM

wrote in news:1114076731.431292.256570
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

"c:/documents and settings/tp 600/local settings/temporary internet
files/content ie5/0D680HQV/HURL[1].ra: Can't read file header!
Unknown file format!"
Why is this if I have downloaded the .ra plug in?

Because Irfanview doesn't play streaming media from a website.
You will have to download the complete file to your HD and then play it.
Or use Real Alternative (Media Player Classic with codec pack).

--
Onno Voors

rosenmarsh April 28th 05 10:30 AM

Hi
I have downloaded media player classic from previous post link but it still does not work with streamed .ra files from Amazon. I assume that this is because I have not downloaded Codecs (I am not sure what these are). Can you point me where I can download these?

Onno Voors April 28th 05 07:41 PM

(top posting corrected)
(rosenmarsh) wrote in
om:

Because Irfanview doesn't play streaming media from a website.
You will have to download the complete file to your HD and then play
it. Or use Real Alternative (Media Player Classic with codec pack).

Hi
I have downloaded media player classic from previous post link but it
still does not work with streamed .ra files from Amazon. I assume
that this is because I have not downloaded Codecs (I am not sure what
these are). Can you point me where I can download these?

Please reply underneath the text you quote.

As I wrote, you must use Real Alternative, not just MPC. Google will find
it for you.

--
Onno Voors