PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Nikon announces new flagship **FILM** SLR – the F6! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13091)

Peter Lawrence September 16th 04 08:43 AM

Nikon announces new flagship **FILM** SLR – the F6!

Here's the link to Nikon's press release:

http://nikonimaging.com/global/news/2004/0916_02.htm

- Peter

Malcolm Stewart September 16th 04 08:50 AM

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message
om...
Here's the link to Nikon's press release:
http://nikonimaging.com/global/news/2004/0916_02.htm
- Peter

Thanks for posting. Nikon make a great sales pitch about reducing noise,
and then forget to put a figure in the specifications against which we might
do some checks!

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

William Graham September 16th 04 09:25 AM

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message
om...
Here's the link to Nikon's press release:

http://nikonimaging.com/global/news/2004/0916_02.htm

- Peter

The specs seem almost identical to the F5......I really don't see anything
that warrants a new model.....Perhaps quieter, and perhaps better flash
control, but an F6?

Bhup September 16th 04 09:55 AM

perhaps its smaller than the F5 . I never liked the intgrated battery pack
of the F5
Nikon has got it right to to keep at the forefront of film too

Bhup September 16th 04 10:04 AM

I dont like the batery CR123A but Guess it has to have a fault.
I suspect all the digital people are asking Why.. have nikon done this
thought film was dead.
Gues ther is a market for the F6 .

B :)#
When My F3 /F90x break down I will conside a F6

Brian C. Baird September 16th 04 10:35 AM

They're bonkers.

But they did announce the D2X. Finally made the switch to CMOS - with
12.4 megapixels I don't think the CCD would cut it in terms of noise.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/