PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Revisit Lytro (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=127638)

PeterN August 1st 14 12:18 PM

Revisit Lytro

Here is an interesting article about Lytro technology. According to the
article on of the reasons for lack of success in the P&S filed is that:
" Indeed, some of today’s high-end phones — like Samsung’s Galaxy S5 —
can mimic Lytro’s refocusing trick."
That capability is something I have not heard of before.

Also Lytro has announced that will be producing a higher end camera that
will retail for $1,499, a price out of the toy range for most people. My
reading of the article is that the new camera has a higher learning
curve than normal.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/31/technology/personaltech/lytros-illum-is-a-camera-for-serious-photographers.html?_r=0

http://tinyurl.com/kqyaz3s

For the Lytro POV see:
https://www.lytro.com/

Let's see if it sells. I wish LYTRO well, but doubt if I would invest in
Lytro.

--
PeterN