PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Fujifilm culls film lines (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=111525)

Alan Browne March 14th 10 08:01 PM

Fujifilm culls film lines

Three films have been axed - about 6 months of stock left. Some formats
also affected.

N * Neopan 400 (Presto) 120 size is discontinued with immediate
effect (does not affect availability in 135 format)
* 12 and 24 exposure rolls for 35mm film will be gradually phased out
* Acros 100 in 11×14 size (special order) discontinued
* Provia 100 F 11×14 (special order) discontinued
* Pro 160 NC 120 discontinued
* T64 reversal 4×5 sheet film, T64 reversal 4×5 Quickload and T64
reversal 8×10 sheet film discontinued

More details:

http://www.japanexposures.com/2010/0...e-film-lineup/

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=873759

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

David Nebenzahl March 14th 10 09:25 PM

Fujifilm culls film lines

On 3/14/2010 12:01 PM Alan Browne spake thus:

Three films have been axed - about 6 months of stock left. Some formats
also affected.

N * Neopan 400 (Presto) 120 size is discontinued with immediate
effect (does not affect availability in 135 format)
* 12 and 24 exposure rolls for 35mm film will be gradually phased out
* Acros 100 in 11×14 size (special order) discontinued
* Provia 100 F 11×14 (special order) discontinued
* Pro 160 NC 120 discontinued
* T64 reversal 4×5 sheet film, T64 reversal 4×5 Quickload and T64
reversal 8×10 sheet film discontinued

More details:

http://www.japanexposures.com/2010/0...e-film-lineup/

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=873759

Interesting. Haven't had time yet to read the linked material.

So, does anyone know (or have an educated guess about) what the
proportion of the dropped films are to Fuji's overall line?

- a Usenet "apology"

Alan Browne March 15th 10 12:32 AM

Fujifilm culls film lines

On 10-03-14 19:42 , Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 14, 4:01 pm, Alan
wrote:
Three films have been axed - about 6 months of stock left. Some formats
also affected.

Film? What's that?

Oh, you mean the old timey stuff that grandpa used.

You're a grandfather?

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

Noons March 15th 10 06:31 AM

Fujifilm culls film lines

Alan Browne wrote,on my timestamp of 15/03/2010 7:01 AM:

Three films have been axed - about 6 months of stock left. Some formats
also affected.

N * Neopan 400 (Presto) 120 size is discontinued with immediate
effect (does not affect availability in 135 format)
* 12 and 24 exposure rolls for 35mm film will be gradually phased out
* Acros 100 in 11×14 size (special order) discontinued
* Provia 100 F 11×14 (special order) discontinued
* Pro 160 NC 120 discontinued
* T64 reversal 4×5 sheet film, T64 reversal 4×5 Quickload and T64
reversal 8×10 sheet film discontinued

More details:

http://www.japanexposures.com/2010/0...e-film-lineup/

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=873759

yawn

welcome to last week's news...

discussed at length already in APUG and photo.not.
and there is a lot more about it than just that.

Noons March 15th 10 06:32 AM

Fujifilm culls film lines

David Nebenzahl wrote,on my timestamp of 15/03/2010 8:25 AM:

Interesting. Haven't had time yet to read the linked material.

So, does anyone know (or have an educated guess about) what the
proportion of the dropped films are to Fuji's overall line?

Commented at length in APUG, check their thread.
Not news at all.
And there is a lot more to it than just that.
Basically, the 160 "drop" is just a brand rename.

Alan Browne March 16th 10 02:07 AM

Fujifilm culls film lines

On 10-03-15 21:38 , Annika1980 wrote:
On Mar 15, 7:34 pm, Scott wrote:

Since you don't know what it is you should send me your Canon EOS 1V.

You can have the 1V, I want his scanner.

No you don't. That thing is the spawn of Satan, photographically
speaking.

I sold my 5400 at a great price to a grateful buyer who raved over how
great it was. I thought it was very good myself. Still do.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

Alan Browne March 16th 10 03:23 AM

Fujifilm culls film lines

On 10-03-15 22:37 , Annika1980 wrote:

On Mar 15, 7:34 pm, Scott wrote:

Since you don't know what it is you should send me your Canon EOS 1V.

You can have the 1V, I want his scanner.

No you don't. That thing is the spawn of Satan, photographically
speaking.

I sold my 5400 at a great price to a grateful buyer who raved over how
great it was. I thought it was very good myself. Still do.

Oh, it's great if you have the patience of Job.
Slower than stink off ****, though.

I thought it was reasonably fast. That depended on ICE being connected
by Firewire to a pretty fast computer, however (2.8 GHz dual core, for
example).

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.

[email protected] March 22nd 10 05:15 AM

Fujifilm culls film lines

Noons wrote:
[...]

Lets not let facts get in our way :-)

Stephanie

Joe Sixpack April 14th 10 08:04 PM

Fujifilm culls film lines

Annika1980 wrote:
Film? What's that?

Oh, you mean the old timey stuff that grandpa used.

What the **** is your point, Bret? You go out of your way to cross post
your snotty remarks to a medium format newsgroup. Why? Just to remind
us all that you're a hopeless attention whore and all around prick?
Believe me, we already knew, and won't likely forget anytime soon!

Alan Browne April 14th 10 09:51 PM

Fujifilm culls film lines

On 10-04-14 15:04 , Joe Sixpack wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Film? What's that?

Oh, you mean the old timey stuff that grandpa used.

What the **** is your point, Bret? You go out of your way to cross post
your snotty remarks to a medium format newsgroup. Why? Just to remind us
all that you're a hopeless attention whore and all around prick? Believe
me, we already knew, and won't likely forget anytime soon!

A little too much beer on the brain there Joe?

This thread is a month old. Bret posted from rpe.35mm (restored) as
this thread was OP'd to both film NG's.

--
gmail originated posts are filtered due to spam.