PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Photoshop Coming to the iPad (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131800)

Davoud October 17th 18 01:57 PM

Photoshop Coming to the iPad

From the Adobe Max conference, in Adobe's own words, "Now, this is not
a Photoshop-like application made for the iPad, this is real Photoshop
on the iPad."

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

David Taylor October 17th 18 07:31 PM

Photoshop Coming to the iPad

On 17/10/2018 13:57, Davoud wrote:
From the Adobe Max conference, in Adobe's own words, "Now, this is not
a Photoshop-like application made for the iPad, this is real Photoshop
on the iPad."

It will be interesting to see a comparison (in both performance and
price) between this and Serif's Affinity Photo (~$25):

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

If it's a subscription service or requires an Adobe ID I know a number
of folk who won't be tempted.

In any case, how good to folk find the iPad for photo editing? For me,
the very simple crop, rotation, and perhaps a little levels and colour
temperature adjustment of photos taken by the iPad (unusual) or Android
phone (quite often) are more than enough, but I do rely on the home PC
for any "serious" editing.

--
Cheers,
David

nospam October 17th 18 07:42 PM

Photoshop Coming to the iPad

In article , David Taylor
wrote:

In any case, how good to folk find the iPad for photo editing? For me,
the very simple crop, rotation, and perhaps a little levels and colour
temperature adjustment of photos taken by the iPad (unusual) or Android
phone (quite often) are more than enough, but I do rely on the home PC
for any "serious" editing.

then you're not its target market, for either platform.

Savageduck[_3_] October 17th 18 08:40 PM

Photoshop Coming to the iPad

On Oct 17, 2018, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

On 17/10/2018 13:57, Davoud wrote:
From the Adobe Max conference, in Adobe's own words, "Now, this is not
a Photoshop-like application made for the iPad, this is real Photoshop
on the iPad."

It will be interesting to see a comparison (in both performance and
price) between this and Serif's Affinity Photo (~$25):

https://affinity.serif.com/en-gb/photo/

If it's a subscription service or requires an Adobe ID I know a number
of folk who won't be tempted.

In any case, how good to folk find the iPad for photo editing? For me,
the very simple crop, rotation, and perhaps a little levels and colour
temperature adjustment of photos taken by the iPad (unusual) or Android
phone (quite often) are more than enough, but I do rely on the home PC
for any "serious" editing.

For travel my iPad Pro + Lightroom CC along with the other *free* Adobe
mobile apps, and Affinity Photo have replaced the need for a laptop/notebook.
The iPad is quite capable of “serious” editing right now even if all you
use are non-Adobe apps such as Affinity Photo for iPad, or Pixelmator.

When PS for iPad arrives I will welcome it as it will provide another level
ofAdobe CC mobile-desktop integration which is already pretty good.

Savageduck

David Taylor October 18th 18 06:39 AM

Photoshop Coming to the iPad

On 17/10/2018 20:40, Savageduck wrote:
[]
For travel my iPad Pro + Lightroom CC along with the other *free* Adobe
mobile apps, and Affinity Photo have replaced the need for a laptop/notebook.
The iPad is quite capable of “serious” editing right now even if all you
use are non-Adobe apps such as Affinity Photo for iPad, or Pixelmator.

When PS for iPad arrives I will welcome it as it will provide another level
ofAdobe CC mobile-desktop integration which is already pretty good.

Thanks for your insights. Do you use a "pen" for that, or just finger
on iPad?

--
Cheers,
David

Savageduck[_3_] October 18th 18 07:19 AM

Photoshop Coming to the iPad

On Oct 17, 2018, David Taylor wrote
(in article ):

On 17/10/2018 20:40, Savageduck wrote:
[]
For travel my iPad Pro + Lightroom CC along with the other *free* Adobe
mobile apps, and Affinity Photo have replaced the need for a
laptop/notebook.
The iPad is quite capable of “serious” editing right now even if all you
use are non-Adobe apps such as Affinity Photo for iPad, or Pixelmator.

When PS for iPad arrives I will welcome it as it will provide another level
ofAdobe CC mobile-desktop integration which is already pretty good.

Thanks for your insights. Do you use a "pen" for that, or just finger
on iPad?

I use the Apple Pen which is pressure, and angle sensitive. Add two finger,
and other on-screen gestures, and you have manipulation, and adjustment
options which are tough to make on a desktop with mouse, trackball, or Wacom
tablet.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-
express/id331975235#?platform=ipad

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-
fix/id1033713849#?platform=ipad

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adob...t-out-combine-
create/id885271158#?platform=ipad

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/ipad/

https://www.pixelmator.com/ios/

Savageduck

David Taylor October 18th 18 11:57 AM

Photoshop Coming to the iPad

On 18/10/2018 07:19, Savageduck wrote:
[]
I use the Apple Pen which is pressure, and angle sensitive. Add two finger,
and other on-screen gestures, and you have manipulation, and adjustment
options which are tough to make on a desktop with mouse, trackball, or Wacom
tablet.

https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adobe-photoshop-
express/id331975235#?platform=ipad