PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Canon abandons loyal customers (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=119314)

Alan Justice June 29th 11 06:18 PM

Canon abandons loyal customers

I just found out that Canon will no longer repair many of my very expensive
lenses etc. They are "out of service life." Includes 17-35 f/2.8 L, 28-70
f/2.8 L, Extender 1.4x and 2.0x, 380 EX speedlight, and 15x45 IS binoculars.
That's a total of about $4600 of equipment that they say is worthless. Most
of my stuff I can still send to Canon, but they will all slowly fall off
their list.

Does Nikon do this to its customers?

And can anyone suggest a place for repair of Canon products?
--
Alan Justice
http://home.earthlink.net/~wildlifepaparazzi/

K W Hart June 29th 11 11:21 PM

Canon abandons loyal customers

"Alan Justice" wrote in message
m...
I just found out that Canon will no longer repair many of my very expensive
lenses etc. They are "out of service life." Includes 17-35 f/2.8 L,
28-70
f/2.8 L, Extender 1.4x and 2.0x, 380 EX speedlight, and 15x45 IS
binoculars.
That's a total of about $4600 of equipment that they say is worthless.
Most
of my stuff I can still send to Canon, but they will all slowly fall off
their list.

Does Nikon do this to its customers?

And can anyone suggest a place for repair of Canon products?
--
Alan Justice
http://home.earthlink.net/~wildlifepaparazzi/

I've had Canon FX cameras and Canon FL-mount lenses repaired by various
independent repair companies. Some of these lenses were very expensive when
they were sold forty or fifty years ago, and the repairs were easy and
reasonable in cost.
OTOH, relatively few of my 450 Canon FX cameras or 700 Canon FL-mount lenses
have even needed repair.
A Google search should locate a good repair service. I'd recommend starting
with KEH.