PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Second try at giving away gallon developing system (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36423)

Leonard Evens July 7th 03 12:55 AM

Second try at giving away gallon developing system

I have a system designed for color processing 8 x 10 color prints in one
gallon size stainless steel tanks. It consists of four rectangular
tanks, each with a cover and floating lid. The tanks sit in a stainless
steel tank used as a water bath. There is a print basket that holds at
least six, possibly 12 prints. In addition, there is a stainless steel
washing tank.

I don't see why the system couldn't be used for processing 8 x 10 sheet
film.

Because of the floating lids, you could fill the tanks with chemicals
and in principle leave them for some period of time.

Of course the tanks might very well be adaptable for other purposes.

If I can't give this system away, I will have to junk it. It would be
best if someone could come pick it up from me. I live in Evanston
which is just north of Chicago. But I am willing to ship it if you are
willing to pay the shipping charges. Because of the size and weight of
the unit, I estimate the shipping charges at between $20 and $40 for
UPS ground, depending on the distance.

If you are interested, send me email or call.

Leonard Evens, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University,
Evanston, IL
847-869-8537

Nacio Jan Brown July 8th 03 01:26 AM

I encourage someone to take Leonard Evens up on his generous offer. I
use a similar system and use two of the tanks for Diafine parts A & B.
With the floating lids and tank covers there is no problem with
keeping the solutions stored for a long time. njb