PhotoBanter.com

-   Film & Labs (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Kodak to reduce work force by 20% (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=1574)

Michael A. Covington January 22nd 04 03:22 PM

Kodak to reduce work force by 20%

Today's papers report that Kodak is about to reduce its work force worldwide
by 20%.

People just aren't buying film the way they used to...

Gregory W Blank January 22nd 04 07:43 PM

Kodak to reduce work force by 20%

In article ,
"Michael A. Covington"
wrote:

Today's papers report that Kodak is about to reduce its work force worldwide
by 20%.

People just aren't buying film the way they used to...

Maybe, but I am sure the reason goes way beyond that.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Joseph Goodman January 22nd 04 08:50 PM

Kodak to reduce work force by 20%

Today's papers report that Kodak is about to reduce its work force

worldwide
by 20%.

People just aren't buying film the way they used to...

I think Kodak's problems have more to do with poor organization than with
people abandoning film...

Mark A January 22nd 04 11:34 PM

Kodak to reduce work force by 20%

Today's papers report that Kodak is about to reduce its work force
worldwide
by 20%.

People just aren't buying film the way they used to...

I think Kodak's problems have more to do with poor organization than with
people abandoning film...

Really? Film sales in the US were down 10% in 2002. When the 2003 results
are in, I bet they show another 15% decline. They can't keep suffering
declines like that, which will likely accelerate. Amateurs are flocking to
digital in droves.

Michael Scarpitti January 23rd 04 03:51 AM

"Mark A" wrote in message ...
Today's papers report that Kodak is about to reduce its work force

worldwide
by 20%.

People just aren't buying film the way they used to...

I think Kodak's problems have more to do with poor organization than with
people abandoning film...

Really? Film sales in the US were down 10% in 2002. When the 2003 results
are in, I bet they show another 15% decline. They can't keep suffering
declines like that, which will likely accelerate. Amateurs are flocking to
digital in droves.

Kodak repoerted an 8% drop from last year. Of course, this is still
more than it was in 1990!

John Horner January 23rd 04 04:33 AM

Kodak to reduce work force by 20%

I think Kodak's problems have more to do with poor organization than with
people abandoning film...

The precipitous decline in their major marketplace is issue #1, Kodak's poor
management is right behind at #2.

Gregory W Blank January 24th 04 12:36 AM

"Mark A" wrote:

Today's papers report that Kodak is about to reduce its work force

worldwide
by 20%.

People just aren't buying film the way they used to...

Maybe, but I am sure the reason goes way beyond that.
--

Really? Film sales in the US were down 10% in 2002. When the 2003 results
are in, I bet they show another 15% decline. They can't keep suffering
declines like that, which will likely accelerate. Amateurs are flocking to
digital in droves.

Really. Is that you pat answer for everything.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank

Mark A January 24th 04 12:45 AM

Kodak to reduce work force by 20%

Today's papers report that Kodak is about to reduce its work force
worldwide
by 20%.

People just aren't buying film the way they used to...

Maybe, but I am sure the reason goes way beyond that.
--

Really? Film sales in the US were down 10% in 2002. When the 2003

results
are in, I bet they show another 15% decline. They can't keep suffering
declines like that, which will likely accelerate. Amateurs are flocking

digital in droves.

Really. Is that you pat answer for everything.
--

No, only when the two different people make the identical incorrect
observation.

Gregory W Blank January 24th 04 02:30 PM

"Mark A" wrote:

No, only when the two different people make the identical incorrect
observation.

And of course you are never wrong.
--
LF website http://members.bellatlantic.net/~gblank