PhotoBanter.com

-   -   UV or skylight filters for digital (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=16304)

Graham Archer October 21st 04 01:33 PM

UV or skylight filters for digital

Hi,
I read somewhere that UV filters for digital SLR cameras are a waste of
time because they have very little affect.
( see " Why worry about UV " at : http://dpfwiw.com/filters.htm#uv )
The skylight is apparently a cheaper, and just as effective option for
digital lens protection.
Is this correct ?
Regards
Graham

Randall Ainsworth October 21st 04 01:59 PM

In article , Graham Archer
wrote:

Hi,
I read somewhere that UV filters for digital SLR cameras are a waste of
time because they have very little affect.
( see " Why worry about UV " at : http://dpfwiw.com/filters.htm#uv )
The skylight is apparently a cheaper, and just as effective option for
digital lens protection.
Is this correct ?

I think they're a waste of time for any kind of camera.

Darrell Larose October 21st 04 02:28 PM

"Graham Archer" wrote in message
Hi,
I read somewhere that UV filters for digital SLR cameras are a waste of
time because they have very little affect.
( see " Why worry about UV " at : http://dpfwiw.com/filters.htm#uv )
The skylight is apparently a cheaper, and just as effective option for
digital lens protection.
Is this correct ?
Regards
Graham

Last time I looked at my filter rack a UV and a Skylight from the same maker
were the same price.

---

Owamanga October 21st 04 02:33 PM

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 05:59:33 -0700, Randall Ainsworth
wrote:

In article , Graham Archer
wrote:

Hi,
I read somewhere that UV filters for digital SLR cameras are a waste of
time because they have very little affect.
( see " Why worry about UV " at : http://dpfwiw.com/filters.htm#uv )
The skylight is apparently a cheaper, and just as effective option for
digital lens protection.
Is this correct ?

I think they're a waste of time for any kind of camera.

....says the man who's never climbed a mountain.

...anyway, time? surely you mean money?

I bet you scrub the anti-UV coating off your lenses too eh?

--
Owamanga!