PhotoBanter.com

-   -   No Shutter for Nikon Shooters? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131504)

android May 20th 18 07:16 PM

No Shutter for Nikon Shooters?

Nikon has filed a patent for a collapsible lens, a la Leica with
central shutter, a la Hasselblad et al and that makes you think: Will
there be no mechanical shutter in the body?

Via NR:
https://nikonrumors.com/2018/05/18/new-nikon-patent-for-a-folding-lens-designed-for-mirrorless-cameras.aspx/

--
teleportation kills

nospam May 20th 18 07:19 PM

No Shutter for Nikon Shooters?

In article , android
wrote:

Nikon has filed a patent for a collapsible lens,

who needs a patent?
put the lens under the front tire of a large truck and accelerate.
instant collapse.
and why stop at just one? a lens for every wheel.

android May 20th 18 07:48 PM

On 2018-05-20 18:19:18 +0000, nospam said:

In article , android
wrote:

Nikon has filed a patent for a collapsible lens,

who needs a patent?
put the lens under the front tire of a large truck and accelerate.
instant collapse.
and why stop at just one? a lens for every wheel.

Oki... A set of four could be considered an extra sold to a premium
price. You get what you pay for... To paraphrase Dickens: Sir, I want
this gear to be better so please let me pay some more!
--
teleportation kills