D2 vs D5 question

Thank you all for your inputs - I will consider them in my final decision. I have purchased the D5XL (the price was too good to pass).
How easy is it to "wall mount?" Where would I get the hardware? If I sell the D2 I'm thinking of breaking it up and selling individual parts liek the color head and PS, lens holders, spare lenses and the column with bellows assembly.

David Starr December 14th 04 10:51 PM

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 22:14:24 GMT, wrote:

Thank you all for your inputs - I will consider them in my final decision. I have purchased the D5XL (the price was too good to pass).
How easy is it to "wall mount?" Where would I get the hardware? If I sell the D2 I'm thinking of breaking it up and
selling individual parts liek the color head and PS, lens holders, spare lenses and the column with bellows assembly.

I "wall mounted" mine by lag bolting 3 very heavy shelf brackets to
the studs, then bolting a Oak shelf to the brackets. This allowed me
to use the standard baseboard mount for the column. I bought the wall
mount upper brace from B&H, but after seeing it, I realized I could
have built something similar for a lot less money.

Professional Shop Rat: 14,542 days in a GM plant.