PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Equipment for Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Bewa KEVIN LYONS is a Thief!!!! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34857)

Rick April 14th 04 04:32 PM

Bewa KEVIN LYONS is a Thief!!!!

I sold a Canon G5 to Kevin Lyons of 11655 Avalon Blvd, LA and was paid
with a bogus cashiers check. My bank said the account and routing info
was no godd. Apparently he is pringint his own checks.

Bill Crocker April 14th 04 11:06 PM

Why don't you contact the police in his area? If what you say is correct,
I'm sure they would be very interested.

Bill Crocker

. ..

Tom Pfeiffer April 15th 04 03:33 AM

If this was a transaction involving the US mail, contact your local
Post Office to file a complaint with the Postal Instpector's office.

Tom P.

ssmith26 April 17th 04 03:23 AM

I understand your upset, and this is a lesson to all of us to verify before
we send our products. Wait until the check clears or you will be crying
tears. Sorry for your loss dude

sincerely Dorrian

s.com...

LW April 19th 04 10:29 PM

Rick wrote ...

My bank said the account and routing info
was no godd. Apparently he is printing his own checks.

With computers, color printers and copiers readily available these
days, it's a growing risk.

RULE NO 1 : *NEVER* ship an item till the check or money order
clears. Even if it's a bank or postal MO.

My personal practice - cash postal MO' at the post office. Walk out
with cash in hand.

Other MO's - we wait till my bank clears 'em.

Minolta shooter (Colyn) April 19th 04 11:37 PM

On 19 Apr 2004 14:29:56 -0700, (LW) wrote:

RULE NO 1 : *NEVER* ship an item till the check or money order
clears. Even if it's a bank or postal MO.

Anybody who doesn't follow this rule is asking to get ripped off..

Colyn Goodson

http://home.swbell.net/colyng

Camera manuals and mercury battery fix
http://www.colyngoodson.com

LW April 20th 04 03:37 AM

"Minolta shooter (Colyn)" wrote ...

Anybody who doesn't follow this rule is asking to get ripped off..

I learned the hard way .. but it's a lesson I will NOT forget.

Rick April 20th 04 05:08 PM

I always thought Cashier's checks were guaranteed because they had to
pay cash to get them. Guess I never thought about printing your own. I
called the bank it was issued on they don't even care. They just said
it's not their check and it was my problem. Similar answer from the
LAPD. They said I could send the check and "IF" they had time they
"might" send a detective to investigate but basically I was just out of
luck.

I've done business on these newsgroups for years and years, selling and
buying camera equipment and have never had a bad experience until this
one.

Yep, live and learn. At least it was only $500, could have been worse.

Thanks

rick

George May 1st 04 05:00 PM

"Ken Marsh" wrote in message
Hi,

mark wrote:
#Ask for USPS money orders. cheap, readily available, cashable at any

Post
#Office and I would think d_mn tough to forge. Plus it's federal offense.

Sounds good, but... better check the threshold for which they'll bother
to investigate this federal offense. It is a far higher dollar amount
than any used camera transaction.

Ken.
--

They'll investigate for any amount. I've had it done twice...once for $25
and once for $100. Make sure you send the payment via US mail. Then if you