PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=91788)

no Spam January 8th 08 02:11 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

Can anyone tell me if I can use an 8GB SDHC card in a Nikon D80

the manual says 4GB.

I have emailed Nikon but they must be very busy at the moment as they
haven't replied yet! Only been 4 days inc. The weekend.

--
Nospam

no Spam January 8th 08 03:03 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

In message , no Spam
writes
Can anyone tell me if I can use an 8GB SDHC card in a Nikon D80

the manual says 4GB.

I have emailed Nikon but they must be very busy at the moment as they
haven't replied yet! Only been 4 days inc. The weekend.

Sorry everyone - can I withdraw the question. I don't want people
wasting their time on it.

I looked in the forums at dpreview and got the answer there.

I have found a nice one also
SanDisk 8GB SDHC ULTRA II Card + MicroMate Reader for Nikon D80
£52.99

I really should do my homework before asking here.

Sorry again

--
Nospam

just bob January 8th 08 04:37 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

"no Spam" wrote in message
In message , no Spam
writes

nospam January 8th 08 04:51 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

In article , just bob
kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

nikon d40/d40x/d50/d80 use sd. the rest use cf.

Jürgen Exner January 8th 08 05:14 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:
Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

Unfortunately Nikon is following the herd and switched to SD for compacts
and lower end dSLR.

jue

nospam January 8th 08 05:56 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

In article , Jürgen Exner
wrote:

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:
Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

Unfortunately Nikon is following the herd and switched to SD for compacts
and lower end dSLR.

disagree. sd is far more robust than cf (impossible to get bent pins
and it's sealed). hopefully they migrate all cameras to it.

David J Taylor[_4_] January 8th 08 10:31 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

nospam wrote:
In article , Jürgen Exner
wrote:

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:
Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

Unfortunately Nikon is following the herd and switched to SD for
compacts and lower end dSLR.

disagree. sd is far more robust than cf (impossible to get bent pins
and it's sealed). hopefully they migrate all cameras to it.

Seconded.

David

N[_3_] January 9th 08 02:42 AM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , Jürgen Exner
wrote:

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:
Well I learned something: I thought all the Nikon DSLR's used CF.

Unfortunately Nikon is following the herd and switched to SD for compacts
and lower end dSLR.

disagree. sd is far more robust than cf (impossible to get bent pins
and it's sealed). hopefully they migrate all cameras to it.

And it has a write-protect tab. Consider taking lots of cards and no other
storage on a trip. Use a card, write protect it, grab another card. No
risk of wiping a used card :-)

nikonfreak February 21st 10 03:36 PM

Nikon D80 SDHC memory card question

a nikon D80 can handle more than 8 gb (i have a D80 and no problem with
a 8 gb sdhc class 4 card from silicon power and even 16gb or 32 will be
possible)