PhotoBanter.com

-   General Photography Techniques (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Cybershot - taking pictures of a television screen (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=3974)

Kevin November 18th 03 02:36 AM

Cybershot - taking pictures of a television screen

Does anyone happenn to know what might be the most optimal settings on
a Cybershot (DSC-P92) camera for taking pictures of still images off
of a television screen? I am having to do this extensively for work.

Thanks,

Kevin

Dean Van Praotl November 18th 03 07:55 PM

(Kevin) apparently said:

Does anyone happenn to know what might be the most optimal settings on
a Cybershot (DSC-P92) camera for taking pictures of still images off
of a television screen? I am having to do this extensively for work.

I don't know anything about your camera, but I do know that photos
of TV screens need fairly long exposures (long enough to capture
at least two complete scans of the screen.) In practice, too short
an exposure will show dark bands where the TV screen was not
scanned during the exposure. Shutter speeds between 1/15 and
1/4 second seem to be optimal, in my experience. Obviously,
if the picture on the screen is moving, longer exposures will
cause their own problems.

Also, make sure the room is darkened. Reflections from the
TV screen that humans are able to overlook, will be glaringly
obvious in the photograph...