PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Scanners (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=29146)

Matthew Spivey February 13th 05 09:01 PM

Scanners

Does any one use a scanner to scan negs, I have looked at a conon scanner
which claims to edit and repair before you see the image????

David H. Lipman February 13th 05 11:45 PM

Did you miss reading this NG's FAQ posted just hours before your post ?

Subject: [charter] rec.photo.digital.slr-systems

I'll recap the pertinent clause...

What Is Considered Off-Topic:

- Discussion of scanners

In addition, this is a Digital only News Group. We don't deal with photographic negatives.

--
Dave

Alan Browne February 14th 05 04:52 PM

Matthew Spivey wrote:

Does any one use a scanner to scan negs, I have looked at a conon scanner
which claims to edit and repair before you see the image????

Various film scanners have functions such as ICE which add an infrared channel
to detect dust and scratches and 'fill in'.

Here is a really badly scratched scanned negative. Point at it with you mouse
to see the ICE'd version.
http://www.aliasimages.com/ScanScratch.htm

Alan Browne February 14th 05 05:01 PM

David H. Lipman wrote:

In addition, this is a Digital only News Group.

news:comp.periphs.scanners is the place to go.