PhotoBanter.com

-   -   And now for something completely different (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=128553)

George Kerby July 30th 15 02:53 PM

And now for something completely different

On 7/29/15 5:46 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 01:36:32 UTC-4, Sandman wrote:
In article , RichA
wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it :)

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

George Kerby August 1st 15 04:06 PM

And now for something completely different

On 7/30/15 8:37 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Thursday, 30 July 2015 09:53:21 UTC-4, George Kerby wrote:
On 7/29/15 5:46 PM, in article
, "RichA"

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it :)

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

No one can prove evidence of absence:
If Alice bakes a pie, she then places the pie on her window-sill.
She did not place a pie on her window-sill.
Therefore, Alice did not bake a pie.

George Kerby August 2nd 15 03:21 PM

And now for something completely different

On 8/1/15 8:19 PM, in article
, "RichA"
wrote:

On Saturday, 1 August 2015 11:06:37 UTC-4, George Kerby wrote:
On 7/30/15 8:37 PM, in article
, "RichA"

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it :)

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old
man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only thing I did
to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's it.

What a crappy thing to do!

Thanks for the warning - no Oly products in my future!!

Alan Browne August 2nd 15 03:56 PM

On 2015-08-02 10:21, George Kerby wrote:

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old
man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only thing I did
to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's it.

What a crappy thing to do!

Thanks for the warning - no Oly products in my future!!

Why would anyone serious about photography care a single whit about how
JPEG's are processed in camera?

PeterN[_6_] August 2nd 15 04:10 PM

And now for something completely different

On 8/2/2015 10:21 AM, George Kerby wrote:

On 8/1/15 8:19 PM, in article
, "RichA"

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it :)

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you wizened old
man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only thing I did
to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's it.

What a crappy thing to do!

Thanks for the warning - no Oly products in my future!!

IIRC some sharpening is incorporated in many resizing algorithms. In PS
it used to be a bi-cubic formula. Not sure what it is today.

--
PeterN

PAS August 4th 15 04:17 PM

wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/andersonrm/imag...62409/original

Over-sharpened. And the deer seems very surprised by it :)

--
Sandman

That's Olympus. I applied no sharpening.

Bull****!

I applied no sharpening to their JPEG. Prove otherwise, you
wizened old man.

Who the hell is "their"?!? You're sayin it is not yours?

"Their" meaning Olympus's in-camera treatment of JPEGs. The only
thing I did to the image was downsize it from its native size, that's
it.

An image should be sharpened after resizing, not before. You can't do
that with an in-camera JPEG which is another reason to shoot raw.