PhotoBanter.com

-   -   More Desolation (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=127798)

PeterN[_5_] October 23rd 14 08:45 PM

More Desolation

On 10/21/2014 11:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
https://db.tt/wUba1Xg6

Neat image. The clouds and groundcover are well depicted. I ike yur use
of the tower to provide perspecive. My only nit is that I do not get a
feeling of desolation from the image.

--
PeterN

Savageduck[_3_] October 23rd 14 09:59 PM

More Desolation

On 2014-10-23 19:45:36 +0000, PeterN said:

On 10/21/2014 11:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
https://db.tt/wUba1Xg6

Neat image.

Glad you approve.

The clouds and groundcover are well depicted. I ike yur use of the
tower to provide perspecive. My only nit is that I do not get a feeling
of desolation from the image.

Well, it was a fence corner post not a tower.
That was shot about 5 miles from this location:
https://db.tt/0Y9KmiPz

…and when I move the camera to the right, behind the fence was this,
which I have posted before as a color image.
https://db.tt/rZUpxsMG

The entire Carrizo Plain and California Valley is very much a wind
blown and desolate place, except i9n the Spring when there is a carpet
of wild flowers which last for about 3-6 weeks.

Savageduck

PeterN[_5_] October 24th 14 03:57 AM

More Desolation

On 2014-10-23 19:45:36 +0000, PeterN said:

On 10/21/2014 11:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:
https://db.tt/wUba1Xg6

Neat image.

Glad you approve.

Is my sarcasm meter setting too sensitive?

The clouds and groundcover are well depicted. I ike yur use of the
tower to provide perspecive. My only nit is that I do not get a
feeling of desolation from the image.

Well, it was a fence corner post not a tower.
That was shot about 5 miles from this location:
https://db.tt/0Y9KmiPz

Definitly desolation

However, the image in question did not convey a feeing to me.