PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Spherical MA2 Pano (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=132869)

Savageduck[_3_] July 18th 20 07:21 PM

Spherical MA2 Pano

I am still trying various features of my Mavic Air 2 drone. One of those is the ability to shoot a 360º “spherical” panorama. While it is a bit gimmicky, the effect is interesting, and I can see an occasional use for it.

Start by taking the multi-frame exposure; The linked mp4 screen capture shows that.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-8Lh4M3V/0/73a19dbf/1920/Spano-ex1-1920.mp4

That delivers a stitched 360º linear pano JPEG with the processing done by the DJI software.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-C94tLLb/0/727e005c/O/DJI_0028.jpg

To render the linear pano as a spherical pano, open in Photoshop:
1: Flip the image horizontally, then flip the image vertically.
2: Go to *Filter-Distort-Polar Coordinates* select *Rectangular to Polar*
3: Adjust canvas size, and use Free Transform to tweak the roundness of the sphere to reach this result:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-7RWKZzZ/0/395aa83a/O/DJI_0028PS1.jpg

Savageduck

Alfred Molon[_4_] July 20th 20 05:53 PM

Spherical MA2 Pano

In article
.com,
says...

I am still trying various features of my Mavic Air 2 drone. One of those is the ability to shoot a 360� �spherical� panorama. While it is a bit gimmicky, the effect is interesting, and I can see an occasional use for it.

Start by taking the multi-frame exposure; The linked mp4 screen capture shows that.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-8Lh4M3V/0/73a19dbf/1920/Spano-ex1-1920.mp4

That delivers a stitched 360� linear pano JPEG with the processing done by the DJI software.
https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-C94tLLb/0/727e005c/O/DJI_0028.jpg

To render the linear pano as a spherical pano, open in Photoshop:
1: Flip the image horizontally, then flip the image vertically.
2: Go to *Filter-Distort-Polar Coordinates* select *Rectangular to Polar*
3: Adjust canvas size, and use Free Transform to tweak the roundness of the sphere to reach this result:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Air-2-Work/i-7RWKZzZ/0/395aa83a/O/DJI_0028PS1.jpg

Looks nice. What's also good is that the camera copes well with
the dynamic range.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site