PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Well, I broke down... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=48811)

Brian Baird August 16th 05 10:49 AM

Well, I broke down...

....and bought a vertical grip for the 10D on eBay. I've got a couple
extra batteries coming in from Thomas Distributing so I'll have a total
of 4.

I shall never run out of juice in the middle of taking photos again!
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

Bob Hatch August 16th 05 12:19 PM

"Brian Baird" wrote in message

...and bought a vertical grip for the 10D on eBay. I've got a couple
extra batteries coming in from Thomas Distributing so I'll have a
total of 4.

I shall never run out of juice in the middle of taking photos again!

How much did you pay for it?
--
"Everyday I beat my own previous record for number
of consecutive days I have stayed alive."

Gaderian August 16th 05 01:12 PM

Brian Baird wrote:
...and bought a vertical grip for the 10D on eBay. I've got a couple
extra batteries coming in from Thomas Distributing so I'll have a
total of 4.

I shall never run out of juice in the middle of taking photos again!

You'll get spoiled :)
I've loaded up my DSLR (Pentax *istD) with litium CR-V3 batteries including
the optional grip (equivalent of 8 AA batteries). 1500+ flicks later and the
meter still shows a full charge.
No doubt I'll forget about it until the batteries fail in the middle of a
shoot.. . like the propane tank going empty in the middle of a BBQ :)

Brian Baird August 16th 05 01:36 PM

In article , says...
"Brian Baird" wrote in message

...and bought a vertical grip for the 10D on eBay. I've got a couple
extra batteries coming in from Thomas Distributing so I'll have a
total of 4.

I shall never run out of juice in the middle of taking photos again!

How much did you pay for it?

$156 with shipping. I would have preferred less, but no one stocks this
item any more and it regularly seems to fetch $200.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

Brian Baird August 16th 05 01:36 PM

In article ,
says...
No doubt I'll forget about it until the batteries fail in the middle of a
shoot.. . like the propane tank going empty in the middle of a BBQ :)

That's what spares are for!
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

Bob Hatch August 16th 05 01:49 PM

"Brian Baird" wrote in message

In article , says...
"Brian Baird" wrote in message

...and bought a vertical grip for the 10D on eBay. I've got a
couple extra batteries coming in from Thomas Distributing so I'll
have a total of 4.

I shall never run out of juice in the middle of taking photos again!

How much did you pay for it?

$156 with shipping. I would have preferred less, but no one stocks
this item any more and it regularly seems to fetch $200.

OK, thanks. I've got one for sale that I bought with my original D 30's.
I'll get it up on ebay in a few weeks. That money will pay for a couple of
CF cards and extra batteries for my 20 d.

Brian Baird August 16th 05 01:51 PM

In article , says...
How much did you pay for it?

$156 with shipping. I would have preferred less, but no one stocks
this item any more and it regularly seems to fetch $200.

OK, thanks. I've got one for sale that I bought with my original D 30's.
I'll get it up on ebay in a few weeks. That money will pay for a couple of
CF cards and extra batteries for my 20 d.

Ah yes, batteries and CF cards. I have another 1 gig card coming from
newegg, and the aforementioned batteries from Thomas Distributing.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird

BJ in Texas August 16th 05 02:00 PM

Brian Baird wrote:
|| I shall never run out of juice in the middle of taking photos
|| again! --

Famous last words, it'll just take longer. :-) BJ

"If you push something hard enough, it will fall over." --
Fudd's first law of opposition