PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tele-Xenar's and Angulon's (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=93487)

Max Perl February 12th 08 05:21 PM

Tele-Xenar's and Angulon's

For a 6x9 system I acquired a 180/5.5 Tele-Xenar and a 65/6.8 Angulon.
The Tele-Xenar is Linhof branded.

If we assume I am lucky to have some good samples what are the max.
performance these lenses can deliver?

When I do some google search most go for the Tele-Arton, Apo-Symmar's,
Super-Angulon's etc.
What apertures are best to use to get best corner sharpness? 22?

Any sources where I can see to test images where these lenses has been used?

Another issue:
Is it true that you can take an old Componon S enlarger lens (e.g. a
100/5.6) and unscrew the front and rear element group and
then mount it in a Compur shutter (should just fit I heard), and then use
this lens as a taking lens which also performs well also at infinity?

Max

David J. Littleboy February 13th 08 04:27 AM

Tele-Xenar's and Angulon's

"Max Perl" wrote:
\ For a 6x9 system I acquired a 180/5.5 Tele-Xenar and a 65/6.8 Angulon.
The Tele-Xenar is Linhof branded.

If we assume I am lucky to have some good samples what are the max.
performance these lenses can deliver?

My guess is that both would be excellent.

When I do some google search most go for the Tele-Arton, Apo-Symmar's,
Super-Angulon's etc.
What apertures are best to use to get best corner sharpness? 22?

Any sources where I can see to test images where these lenses has been
used?

Here's some stuff...

http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/index1.html

Especially: http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/test/AngSSXL.html

There's lots of great info on Chris P's site.
http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/index.html

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

Max Perl February 13th 08 04:54 PM

Tele-Xenar's and Angulon's

"David J. Littleboy" skrev i en meddelelse

"Max Perl" wrote:
\ For a 6x9 system I acquired a 180/5.5 Tele-Xenar and a 65/6.8 Angulon.
The Tele-Xenar is Linhof branded.

If we assume I am lucky to have some good samples what are the max.
performance these lenses can deliver?

My guess is that both would be excellent.

When I do some google search most go for the Tele-Arton, Apo-Symmar's,
Super-Angulon's etc.
What apertures are best to use to get best corner sharpness? 22?

Any sources where I can see to test images where these lenses has been
used?

Here's some stuff...

http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/index1.html

Especially: http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/test/AngSSXL.html

There's lots of great info on Chris P's site.
http://www.hevanet.com/cperez/index.html

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan

The 65mm Angulon really "picks up" at aperture 22.
It is probably designed for this apperture. I will remember this.

65/6.8 Angulon:

19 24 48 f/6.8
34 42 48 f/11
34 54 60 f/16
60 60 42 f/22

Also the test of the 90mm Angulon against the 110mm Symmar is interesting.
The 90mm is better than I expected. I have one.....so this is good.
The 180mm Tele-Xenar is probably not to bad either.

Max