PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131293)

Eric Stevens April 3rd 18 11:53 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Mon, 02 Apr 2018 20:39:49 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

If you're downloading the tweaked versions from Adobe without actually
owning a licence, then yes, you are pirating it. The instructions on
Aodbe's download page specifically say you have to already own a
licence.

That was more or less my point. While piracy was probable it is not
necessarily piracy in every case. In saying "you are pirating it"
nospam had jumped to a conclusion which was not necessarily correct.

nope. i explained that.

the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating it.

Is he even using it?

he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
it.

That applies to most people.

Eric Stevens

Mayayana April 3rd 18 01:27 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"Eric Stevens" wrote

| the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating
it.

| Is he even using it?
|
| he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
| bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
| it.
|
| That applies to most people.

Why are so many people always so quick to
go on a witch hunt when it comes to "pirating"
software? It's not clear what the OP did. It's not
relevant to his question. And the CS2 download
was, indeed, legal for a period of time. I saw the
page when they posted it. They included a legal
ditty that said, specifically, that it was only
legal to use the software if it was obtained
directly from Adobe. That was it.

They gave it away. They said they were giving
it away. They gave away a working key along with
it.

In any retail store, even if it were a mistake,
the store would be expected to honor such an offer.
I'm not convinced it was a mistake. Companies don't
"mistakenly" put together a web site and free
software offer.
They also claimed it was about
a problem with activation servers. It's their responsibility
to operate the servers. If they won't then they should
give it away. The weird way it all went down may have
been an attempt to sidestep that issue. The likes of
Adobe and MS surely don't want a court case about
their responsibilities involved with activation-crippled
software. On the other hand, they'd like to keep milking
software they no longer support.
(When MS started "product activation" with XP they
put out the word that when XP went unsupported they'd
"probably" issue a universal key. But XP turned out to
be popular. MS still don't dare to give it away, lest it
have a resurgence.)

But all that's beside the point. Adobe gave away CS2.
Period.

And no one needs to take my word for it. Look it
up. The articles from the time all say basically the
same thing: Adobe gave it away. Downloads were
extremely numerous. Adobe then backtracked and said,
"Oh. We didn't mean it was free." Then they put
up a page to require getting a "membership" in order
to download. It all looks like a planned marketing
ploy to me. No one using it professionally would
have bothered downloading CS2 at that point. But
it *could* be used as a free trial to get new customers
hooked -- which is a common strategy. And if Adobe
wanted to do such a marketing campaign, how else
could they do it?

So was it marketing? Was it a legal step to get out
of running activation servers? Who knows? But I don't
see the logic in villifying someone who walked past
a supermarket, saw a table full of steaks with a sign
that said, "Free. Help Yourself.", and then took some
steaks. If the supermarket meant they were free only
to people who had already paid for them then the
sign should have said that. And there should have been
a clerk at the table.

It seems to be a quirk of the American psyche that
we love a witch hunt. The mob wants to decide who's
the evil one and pass harsh judgement, so we can be
sure we're safe.

joe April 3rd 18 01:49 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 04/03/2018 07:27 AM, Mayayana wrote:
"Eric Stevens" wrote

| the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating
it.

| Is he even using it?
|
| he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
| bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
| it.
|
| That applies to most people.

Why are so many people always so quick to
go on a witch hunt when it comes to "pirating"
software? It's not clear what the OP did. It's not
relevant to his question. And the CS2 download
was, indeed, legal for a period of time. I saw the
page when they posted it. They included a legal
ditty that said, specifically, that it was only
legal to use the software if it was obtained
directly from Adobe. That was it.

But, the link provided in this thread was not directly from Adobe.

Therefore, is downloading from the site mentioned in this thread legal?

snip

But all that's beside the point. Adobe gave away CS2.
Period.

Not without the restriction you show.

snip

It seems to be a quirk of the American psyche that
we love a witch hunt. The mob wants to decide who's
the evil one and pass harsh judgement, so we can be
sure we're safe.

Or, some people respect the intellectual property of the developers more.

Ragnusen Ultred April 3rd 18 02:24 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Mon, 02 Apr 2018 16:32:57 -0400, schrieb nospam:

nonsense. not only can it be done on a mac, but more efficiently with
fewer steps than your cluster**** solution *and* produce higher quality
results. it can even be done on an ipad or iphone.

Again, you just guess, nopspam.
And, again, you just guessed wrong.

We're printing a sign, for heavens sake, to vinyl cuts, for heaven's sake.
Get a grip on reality.

Jesus. You are always wrong on everything.
You have no grip on reality.

A 12x18 text sign with borders doesn't need fancy graphics for heaven's
sake. So you yet again show you have zero technical competency whatsoever.

Vector. Raster. Graphics won't make a bit of difference in this
application.

What matters is that a score of people have to edit it, without learning
any new tools, and the single file that they edit has to have the fonts
embedded since the main edit will be text for heaven's sake.

And the Mac just can't do that.

You just guess.
And you guessed wrong. Again.

The monkey and you would be a fair competition to see who finds the
bananas. And the monkey might just beat you, your record on correct facts
is that dismal.

Ragnusen Ultred April 3rd 18 02:42 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Mon, 2 Apr 2018 19:05:52 -0700, schrieb sms:

The post says that he is creating the sign in Powerpoint and that it
needs to read by Illustrator in the Mac.

I need to dig out my copy of Illustrator which I bought many years ago
at a previous job. I probably used it twice, but I needed to have it for
a specific task. It probably won't even work with WIndows 10.

There are some programs that I've found hard to believe they are still
being used. Corel Draw is the format that many laser cutters require.

I only speak fact.

I used the software to learn how it works with respect to fonts.
The software phones home so Adobe knows whatever they want to know.

Will I ever use the software ever again?

Probably not, why would I? I don't need it. I don't want it.
I don't even like it (AI can't even understand embedded fonts for heaven's
sake.)

I have a licensed copy of Adobe Acrobat & Distiller.
Do I ever use that?
I don't even bother installing it anymore - as it's old crap that doesn't
do anything that freeware can't do.

What does the AI software do?
I don't even know. I think it helps you create vector graphics.

Do I ever create vector graphics?
No.

Do I care to create vector graphics?
No.

Hence, here are three facts.
1. I used the software to test our process with respect to font embedding.
2. The software phones home so Adobe knows I did that & that's fine.
3. The software sucks at embedding fonts (it can't do it).
4. So I have no need for the software whatsoever.

Note: Our process remains as it was before the test.
The test was only to get the shop to start telling the truth.

It's sort of like how we have to deal with nospam, or any defense lawyer.
They never tell the truth until you show them the truth.

b. Hence, it's useless.
c. It phones home so Adobe knows everything.
d. I will likely never use it ever again.
e. But I will also likely leave it on my system as it doesn't break
anything.

What is likely to happen is that it will just sit there forever, unused,
since it serves no useful purpose for me. When I rebuild the computer,
which I do every year or every half year, on average, it won't even go back
on as it would be wasted effort.

Will I delete it?
I could. But there's no technical reason to delete it.
If Adobe wants me, they know me. I already have licenses from them anyway
that have my name and address on them for other products.

The fact is that it was used to test whether AI handled fonts, and it just
sucks at handling fonts (for our purpose). We proved that beyond a shadow
of a doubt.

Is that a licensing issue. Nope.
Is that licensing issue relevant to the *technical* topic of this thread?
Nope.

Q: Why then is the licensing an issue in this technical thread about fonts?
A: Because the Apple Bigots have no technical competency so they quibble
about off-topic issues that are not in the least relevant to the technical
topic.

In short, the Apple posters don't have any technical competency (they
gravitated to the Apple product for that reason alone) so they can't answer
the technical question, so, they make up their own tangential arguments to
argue about.

Ragnusen Ultred April 3rd 18 02:59 PM

Am Tue, 3 Apr 2018 08:27:54 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

They gave it away. They said they were giving
it away. They gave away a working key along with
it.

Hi Mayayana,

Some salient points about this completely-off-topic licensing issue.

1. *This licensing issue is irrelevant* to the technical topic of this
thread (where you'll note that, like any good defense lawyer trying to
muddle the issue, the classic Apple posters are the ones bringing up the
non-technical tangents because they don't have competency on the technical
question.)

2. Adobe knows all about that Windows key which is posted on the techspot
web site in public by a seemingly reputable web site. If Adobe wanted to
kill it, all it would take is a letter from their lawyer and a call to the
local authorities where that web site is hosted.

3. The software phones home so, if Adobe cared, they'd send a letter to my
ISP.

4. The test is over. The software sucks at embedding fonts (it just can't
do it). We will not modify our process one but since the software gives us
zero advantage to improve the process as a PDF with embedded fonts is all
we care about.

Q: So why did we use the software in the first place?
A: To test whether the shop was telling us the truth, and they weren't
telling us the truth (they were being like nospam always is).

Q: Will we use the software?
A: Nope. It doesn't embed fonts. It's no better than PDF for our purposes.

Q: Does the licensing question bear any relevance to the technical
question?
A: Nope. It's only the Apple Apologists who bring up this issue because
they have no technical competence to answer the technical question.

nospam April 3rd 18 03:57 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Bananas are readily available but they are not generally free. That is
why it can be misleading to say they are freely available.

bananas are not software

They are nouns.

good point. all nouns are distributed in the same way software is.

another hour or so and my groceries should be finished downloading.

The sentence under discussion says nothing about downloading.

the issue is pirating cs2, no matter how hard you try to twist it into
something else.

So too is 'Adobe illustrator'. My statement was
concerned with the use/misuse of the English language.

as well it should, since you greatly misused it.

This from the guy who thinks that parsing applies only to software.

where do i get a hardware parser?

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

yes necessarily.

Even if he already has a license?

he doesn't and you know it.

I've ploughed through much of his junk and found nothing to suggest
that he has a copy of Illustrator,

exactly the point.

So we don't know either way.

you might not, but the rest of us certainly know.

let alone that he has pirated it.

since it's clear that he never bought cs2, downloading it is pirating
it.

Has he downloaded it?

duh.

he also has admitted to pirating a wide variety of other stuff, so this
is not any sort of surprise.

As far as I can tell the discussion is in the general case, in which
case neither the presence or absence of a license can be assumed.

assumed is the wrong word. no assumptions are necessary.

Where is your evidence?

his numerous posts in this thread and others.

based on what he's written in this thread and countless others, it's
*quite* clear what he's doing.

The clarity is an inference.

not to those who pay attention.

nospam April 3rd 18 03:57 PM

wrote:

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

If you're downloading the tweaked versions from Adobe without actually
owning a licence, then yes, you are pirating it. The instructions on
Aodbe's download page specifically say you have to already own a
licence.

That was more or less my point. While piracy was probable it is not
necessarily piracy in every case. In saying "you are pirating it"
nospam had jumped to a conclusion which was not necessarily correct.

nope. i explained that.

the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating it.

Is he even using it?

he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
it.

That applies to most people.

and?

did you have a point? no.

nospam April 3rd 18 03:57 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating it.
|
| Is he even using it?
|
| he claims to have used it, however, that's irrelevant. since he never
| bought it in the first place, he is not entitled to legally download
| it.
|
| That applies to most people.

Why are so many people always so quick to
go on a witch hunt when it comes to "pirating"
software?

because piracy is illegal.

It's not clear what the OP did.

oh yes it very definitely is clear.

It's not
relevant to his question.

yes it is.

And the CS2 download
was, indeed, legal for a period of time.

it was never legal, except for those who *already* *owned* *it*.

I saw the
page when they posted it. They included a legal
ditty that said, specifically, that it was only
legal to use the software if it was obtained
directly from Adobe. That was it.

nope. what it said was it was for existing cs2 customers.

They gave it away. They said they were giving
it away. They gave away a working key along with
it.

it was only for those who originally *bought* cs2.

it was *not* worldwide distribution to everyone.

In any retail store, even if it were a mistake,
the store would be expected to honor such an offer.
I'm not convinced it was a mistake. Companies don't
"mistakenly" put together a web site and free
software offer.

the only mistake is your understanding.

there was *never* a free software offer.

They also claimed it was about
a problem with activation servers. It's their responsibility
to operate the servers. If they won't then they should
give it away.

there was no problem with the activation servers.

what they did was turn them off because there were no longer new
customers buying a nearly decade old piece of software that no longer
worked on newer systems, therefore they could not justify keeping them
running. they created a version for *existing* customers (not new ones)
so that they could reinstall it on their existing hardware.

The weird way it all went down may have
been an attempt to sidestep that issue. The likes of
Adobe and MS surely don't want a court case about
their responsibilities involved with activation-crippled
software. On the other hand, they'd like to keep milking
software they no longer support.

nonsense.

(When MS started "product activation" with XP they
put out the word that when XP went unsupported they'd
"probably" issue a universal key. But XP turned out to
be popular. MS still don't dare to give it away, lest it
have a resurgence.)

xp is no longer supported.

microsoft did offer a free win10 upgrade.

But all that's beside the point. Adobe gave away CS2.
Period.

no they didn't. period.

And no one needs to take my word for it.

don't worry, nobody is foolish enough to do that.

Look it
up. The articles from the time all say basically the
same thing: Adobe gave it away.

you mean articles like these?
https://www.forbes.com/sites/adriank.../07/download-a
dobe-cs2-applications-for-free/

Adobe scientist Dov Isaacs clarifies:

On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated ...

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies
of CS2!

What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers
for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to
reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don't require
activation but do require valid serial numbers are available.
(Special serial numbers are provided on the page for each product
download.) See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1114930.

Downloads were
extremely numerous. Adobe then backtracked and said,
"Oh. We didn't mean it was free." Then they put
up a page to require getting a "membership" in order
to download.

that's not what happened.

It all looks like a planned marketing
ploy to me.

it wasn't.

No one using it professionally would
have bothered downloading CS2 at that point.

only because cs2 was at the time nearly a decade old, 5 versions
outdated and didn't work properly (or at all) on (then) current
systems.

professionals would have been using the current version, which at the
time was cs6 or creative cloud.

But
it *could* be used as a free trial to get new customers
hooked -- which is a common strategy. And if Adobe
wanted to do such a marketing campaign, how else
could they do it?

there is no point in offering an obsolete version as a trial version,
one which won't even run properly (or at all).

adobe *does* offer trial versions of *currently* shipping software.

So was it marketing? Was it a legal step to get out
of running activation servers? Who knows?

many people know.

just not you.

nospam April 3rd 18 03:57 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Vector. Raster. Graphics won't make a bit of difference in this
application.

yes it does.

What matters is that a score of people have to edit it, without learning
any new tools, and the single file that they edit has to have the fonts
embedded since the main edit will be text for heaven's sake.

And the Mac just can't do that.

oh yes it can.

nospam April 3rd 18 03:57 PM

wrote:

| But, the link provided in this thread was not directly from Adobe.
|
| Therefore, is downloading from the site mentioned in this thread legal?

I wouldn't. They're no longer giving it away,
technically. I also didn't try the download link,
so I don't know whether it goes to Adobe. I
also didn't see where the OP said he got his
copy from there. How do we know he didn't
use the legal download? Or sign up at Adobe?

there is no legal download for cs2 except for those who already own cs2
nor was there ever such a download. period. full stop.

| It seems to be a quirk of the American psyche that
| we love a witch hunt. The mob wants to decide who's
| the evil one and pass harsh judgement, so we can be
| sure we're safe.
|

| Or, some people respect the intellectual property of the developers more.

You think so? I'm a developer myself. I've written
shareware for about 19 years and used to make
a decent side income from it during the PC craze
of 2000-ish. Very, very, very, very few people pay
for software if they don't have to. When I suggested
a donation I got a handful of nice letters with checks
(8 to be exact), despite 10s of thousands of downloads.
When I started charging I got more payments, but
many, many more people were using "cracks".

that could be because your software is garbage.

people are happy to pay for quality products and support the
developers, however, they don't like to pay for crap.

Companies like Microsoft, Apple and Adobe
are all grossly overcharging because they've managed
to create monoply situations and they have businesses
over a barrel. How do I know they're overcharging?
Because they're among the most profitable companies
in the world and all they do is make software. When
you sell a bestseller book it goes to paperback and gets
cheaper, not more expensive.

nonsense. being profitable does not mean they're overcharging.

they make stuff a lot of people want to buy.

if they were actually overcharging, sales would be weak to nonexistent
and they would have to slash prices to move dead product.

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.

holding money offshore is *not* tax evasion and many companies do it.
it's completely *legal*.

keep in mind that more than half of apple's revenue is from *outside*
the usa.

also keep in mind that apple is the only major company (so far) to
repatriate the money under the new tax code.

It's only their offshore tax evasion, not their total
profits. And you feel sorry for them? Of course, Apple
do claim to have invented round corners. Should I send them
a royalty when I use sandpaper? Do you suppose poor
Timmy Cook is going hungry because he loves his Apple
flock so much that he lets them abuse him? Somehow
I'm just not convinced of that, despite Cook's histrionics
in the media.

i see you misunderstand yet another patent.

Sharing software was popular years ago, before
online activation, simply because it was so expensive.

in other words, piracy.

Someone paid $300 for Windows, $600 for Photoshop,
maybe $600 for MS Office. The prices are crazy.

windows is bundled with computers so people never paid $300 and the
home version was less anyway.

photoshop is professional level software and pays for itself very
quickly. the consumer version of photoshop is under $100.

I can buy a Windows PC today for $300.

a ****ty one, sure.

a decent windows pc suitable for photoshop, video editing, cad, etc.,
will cost a lot more than $300. high end pcs are more than 10x that
price.

in the $300 price range, a chromebook or an ipad is a *much* better
choice.

Yet it costs
the same to buy a Pro copy of Windows. (The minimum
fee to get a copy I can move to my next computer.)
So naturally people would share their disks. Was that
wrong? If so then why isn't exploiting a monopoly
market wrong?

two very, very different things.

(Bill Gates famously tried to get his buddy Warren
Buffett to invest in MS, explaining that they get a
"Windows tax" on every PC sold. A can't-lose
proposition. Humorously, apple is now one of Buffet's
favorites.)

buffet likes apple because microsoft dropped the ball and apple is
running with it.

microsoft botched windows 8, windows phone was a complete failure,
ballmer was fired, sinofsky is gone and now myerson is gone.

Meanwhile, this is not a morality court. The topic
is about transferring fonts.

actually it's about making a street sign in the most convoluted method
possible, using pirated software and likely pirated fonts.

RJH April 3rd 18 07:10 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 03/04/2018 15:57, nospam wrote:
In article , Mayayana
wrote:

snip

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid tax.

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

--
Cheers, Rob

Savageduck[_3_] April 3rd 18 07:35 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Apr 3, 2018, RJH wrote
(in article ):

On 03/04/2018 15:57, nospam wrote:
In , Mayayana
wrote:

snip

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid tax.

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

Trump set the trend, and almost everybody, including us peons, and Apple pay
more taxes that he does.

Savageduck

nospam April 3rd 18 07:53 PM

In article , RJH wrote:

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid tax.

no they don't. apple does *not* evade or avoid paying taxes. period.

apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
so.

judge learned hand,
http://intltax.typepad.com/intltax_b...x-quotes-4-5.h
tml
Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low
as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best
pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase
one's taxes.
Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister
in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible.
Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes
any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced
exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of
morals is mere cant.
Commissioner v. Newman, 159 F.2d 848, 851 (2d Cir. 1947) - dissenting
opinion

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

you would fail incredibly hard at such an argument.

apple might not pay what *you* think they should but that's very
different.

*you* didn't write the tax code, so what *you* think apple or any other
company should pay is completely irrelevant.

and why single out apple? amazon, who paid nothing compared to the ~11b
that apple paid in fy'17, along with microsoft, facebook, google, cisco
and the rest, all use the tax code to their advantage.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...2017-but-paid-
no-federal-taxes
Jeff Bezos¹ sprawling e-commerce giant Amazon reportedly raked in
more than $5.6 billion in U.S. profits in 2017, but despite that, the
company essentially paid $0 in federal income taxes.

Mayayana April 3rd 18 11:56 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"Lewis" wrote

| That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
| everyone else.

If you want to split hairs, yes. No one's been
arrested. They avoid bringing it into the country
as a way of evading taxes. I think you know that.
If you don't it's easy enough to find the ugly details.

Though I think I read they were going to bring
some back because of the big corporate tax break.

nospam April 4th 18 12:07 AM

wrote:

| That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
| everyone else.

If you want to split hairs, yes. No one's been
arrested.

nor will anyone be arrested.
everything is completely *legal*.

They avoid bringing it into the country
as a way of evading taxes.

nope.

I think you know that.
If you don't it's easy enough to find the ugly details.

yes it is easy to find the details, except they're not what you claim
them to be. no surprise there. they never are.

Though I think I read they were going to bring
some back because of the big corporate tax break.

they are in the process of doing just that. more details will be
announced in 4 weeks.

other companies with foreign assets, including microsoft, have *not*
done that, at least not yet.

now who is the bad guy?

RJH April 4th 18 02:40 AM

On 03/04/2018 19:53, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid tax.

no they don't. apple does *not* evade or avoid paying taxes. period.

They avoid paying tax. Period. Why did they shift off-shoring tax from
Ireland to Jersey? Partly to save face. But to save face over avoiding
$14B in tax. By avoiding it in a more obscure way.

apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
so.

Nonsense. There is no law that says a company cannot pay tax at a full
and fair local rate.

judge learned hand,
http://intltax.typepad.com/intltax_b...x-quotes-4-5.h
tml
Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low
as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best
pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase
one's taxes.
Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

May? Why not must, if it's 'the law'
?
Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister
in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible.
Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes
any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced
exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of
morals is mere cant.
Commissioner v. Newman, 159 F.2d 848, 851 (2d Cir. 1947) - dissenting
opinion

Tax *is* a moral construct. There is nothing intrinsic or innate about
tax, and law is a feeble attempt to uphold an ethical position - that
tax is paid on a proportion of profit (in this case).

And using a legal case to underpin a legal argument is hardly the point
at issue. Avoidance is legal. Avoidance is also about moral and ethical
issues. Rationality, if you like.

I'd happily revise my opinion in the light of a coherent moral or
ethical position on Apple's behaviour.

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

you would fail incredibly hard at such an argument.

Just internet search "apple tax avoidance" (in quotes if you want - 30k+
hits). It really isn't my argument.

apple might not pay what *you* think they should but that's very
different.

Again, it's not just me. I may well be in a minority, but I don't think
I am.

*you* didn't write the tax code, so what *you* think apple or any other
company should pay is completely irrelevant.

and why single out apple? amazon, who paid nothing compared to the ~11b
that apple paid in fy'17, along with microsoft, facebook, google, cisco
and the rest, all use the tax code to their advantage.

Agreed. They all avoid tax. I'm singling out Apple because they're the
object of discussion. I don't consider them to be the worst by a long chalk.

I avoid tax sometimes, and it's wrong.

I really do have a problem with Cook on this, and it's one of the few
occasions where he gets aggressive because he knows he's wrong. There's
no need. Apple is a business whose prime aim is the accumulation of
money and shareholder return. Like a lot of business. Other concerns -
such as workers' protection, tax paid in the spirit of community,
sourcing raw materials sustainably - are secondary. Just say so. People
will still buy Apple.

I know all this and I do.

--
Cheers, Rob

nospam April 4th 18 03:20 AM

In article , RJH wrote:

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid
tax.

no they don't. apple does *not* evade or avoid paying taxes. period.

They avoid paying tax. Period.

nope.

apple follows the tax code to reduce their tax liability, just like
other businesses and individuals do, which is not only legal, but smart
business.

apple does *not* fudge the numbers to avoid paying taxes. that's
illegal and stupid.

unfortunately, there are a few businesses who don't pay what they owe
and they eventually get fined or even shut down.

here's two:
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-3-Five-Guys-
Locations-Citing-Failure-to-Pay-Taxes-462115413.html
The D.C. government has ordered the shutdown of three Five Guys
restaurants in the city because the owners failed to pay sales taxes,
officials say.

https://www.pressherald.com/2018/03/...-bar-in-portla
nd-to-serve-4-months-for-failing-to-pay-taxes/
The owner of a landmark bar and restaurant on Portland¹s waterfront
will serve four months in jail and pay more than $1.3 million in
restitution for failing to turn over most of her sales taxes to the
state, and for not paying her personal and corporate Maine income
taxes, over a period of seven years.

Why did they shift off-shoring tax from
Ireland to Jersey? Partly to save face. But to save face over avoiding
$14B in tax. By avoiding it in a more obscure way.

nope.

apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
so.

Nonsense. There is no law that says a company cannot pay tax at a full
and fair local rate.

public companies have a fiduciary obligation to their shareholders.

judge learned hand,
http://intltax.typepad.com/intltax_b...x-quotes-4-5.h
tml
Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low
as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best
pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase
one's taxes.
Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

May? Why not must, if it's 'the law'?

read it again.

Over and over again courts have said that there is nothing sinister
in so arranging one's affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible.
Everybody does so, rich or poor; and all do right, for nobody owes
any public duty to pay more than the law demands: taxes are enforced
exactions, not voluntary contributions. To demand more in the name of
morals is mere cant.
Commissioner v. Newman, 159 F.2d 848, 851 (2d Cir. 1947) - dissenting
opinion

Tax *is* a moral construct. There is nothing intrinsic or innate about
tax, and law is a feeble attempt to uphold an ethical position - that
tax is paid on a proportion of profit (in this case).

And using a legal case to underpin a legal argument is hardly the point
at issue. Avoidance is legal. Avoidance is also about moral and ethical
issues. Rationality, if you like.

they're not avoiding anything.

I'd happily revise my opinion in the light of a coherent moral or
ethical position on Apple's behaviour.

doubtful.

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

you would fail incredibly hard at such an argument.

Just internet search "apple tax avoidance" (in quotes if you want - 30k+
hits). It really isn't my argument.

just internet search "flat earth", 11.6 million hits w/o quotes, 7.8
million with.

that's two orders of magnitude higher than apple tax avoidance, so it
*really* must be true.

if number of hits in a search is your metric to validate something,
then you have *far* bigger problems.

apple might not pay what *you* think they should but that's very
different.

Again, it's not just me. I may well be in a minority, but I don't think
I am.

minority/majority isn't the issue.

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

paying *more* than what they legally owe is stupid.

do you pay more than what you owe?? do you take deductions?

*you* didn't write the tax code, so what *you* think apple or any other
company should pay is completely irrelevant.

and why single out apple? amazon, who paid nothing compared to the ~11b
that apple paid in fy'17, along with microsoft, facebook, google, cisco
and the rest, all use the tax code to their advantage.

Agreed. They all avoid tax. I'm singling out Apple because they're the
object of discussion. I don't consider them to be the worst by a long chalk.

I avoid tax sometimes, and it's wrong.

then you're a hypocrite.

I really do have a problem with Cook on this, and it's one of the few
occasions where he gets aggressive because he knows he's wrong.

he's not wrong. he's just a whole lot smarter than you are about how to
run a business.

There's
no need. Apple is a business whose prime aim is the accumulation of
money and shareholder return. Like a lot of business.

like every public corporation and nearly all private ones.

Other concerns -
such as workers' protection, tax paid in the spirit of community,
sourcing raw materials sustainably - are secondary. Just say so. People
will still buy Apple.

I know all this and I do.

too bad you don't understand any of it.

Ragnusen Ultred April 4th 18 03:21 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:57:28 -0400, schrieb nospam:

And the Mac just can't do that.

oh yes it can.

Once again you just guess, where you have a 50% chance of being correct,
and you're wrong. Even the monkey finds the bannas under the box more often
than you would.

If we had anyone on the Mac out of the score of people who edited this
PowerPoint file with embedded fonts without having to deal with installing
system fonts, exactly ZERO of those hypothetical Mac users would have seen
the special fonts in the given template.

Do you know why nospam?
I think you do.

You just play your silly semantic games, where I only speak fact.

Why do you Apple users play silly games when confronted with facts?
I don't know why.

I just know that you do.
Here's a classic case, for example, of your same silly game.
Android Fact:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/2wifianalyzer.jpg
Apple Fact:
http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg

Silly games played by the Apple users when confronted with facts:
https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo

Proof of more of your silly games when confronted with fact, over he
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.ipad/-T7FEXIdU9Q/qbvz5DeaAgAJ

nospam April 4th 18 03:28 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

And the Mac just can't do that.

oh yes it can.

Once again you just guess,

oh, it's not a guess. it's trivial to make a street sign on a mac,
without the cluster**** that you've created.

just because *you* can't figure out how doesn't mean it's impossible.

Eric Stevens April 4th 18 03:32 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:57:26 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Bananas are readily available but they are not generally free. That is
why it can be misleading to say they are freely available.

bananas are not software

They are nouns.

good point. all nouns are distributed in the same way software is.

another hour or so and my groceries should be finished downloading.

The sentence under discussion says nothing about downloading.

the issue is pirating cs2, no matter how hard you try to twist it into
something else.

So too is 'Adobe illustrator'. My statement was
concerned with the use/misuse of the English language.

as well it should, since you greatly misused it.

This from the guy who thinks that parsing applies only to software.

where do i get a hardware parser?

You don't. But you balked at the idea of parsing the English language.

Alan Baker April 4th 18 03:53 AM

On 2018-04-03 7:21 PM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
[...]

Â*Android Fact:
Â*http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/2wifianalyzer.jpg
Â*Apple Fact:
Â*http://wetakepic.com/images/2017/10/11/wifi_sweetspots.jpg
Silly games played by the Apple users when confronted with facts:
Â*https://youtu.be/7QaABa6DFIo

Proof of more of your silly games when confronted with fact, over he
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.mobile.ipad/-T7FEXIdU9Q/qbvz5DeaAgAJ

Wow, but you're tedious little twit.

Ragnusen Ultred April 4th 18 04:23 AM

Am Tue, 03 Apr 2018 22:28:30 -0400, schrieb nospam:

just because *you* can't figure out how doesn't mean it's impossible.

hehhehheh ..
*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

More of your classic Apple Apologist denials of well-known fact.
Why do the Apple Apologists deny facts & habitually fabricate imaginary content?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.home.repair/Q2Fj-D3CWcs/e-Wtg_mlBAAJ

What's so predictable about you nospam, is you incessantly fabricate
fictional Apple functionality, that even you must know doesn't exist.

Why do iOS apologists incessantly fabricate fictional iOS functionality?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/K_yBNZiPFYo/yekUPvIXAwAJ

Since you claim a functionality that simply doesn't exist, and you'll
repeatedly and incessantly fabricate that fictional functionality, let's
see if you can get a single other poster to agree with you that your
entirely fictional functionality actually exists.

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

Eric Stevens April 4th 18 04:27 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Tue, 03 Apr 2018 10:57:27 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

[...]

It destroys your absolute confidence that he "is not entitled to
legally download it". While that applies to most people it does not
apply to all people.

Eric Stevens

nospam April 4th 18 04:29 AM

wrote:

[...]

it doesn't destroy *anything*. in fact it's the opposite. it's proof he
pirated it.

While that applies to most people it does not
apply to all people.

i never said it did.

David B.[_2_] April 4th 18 08:31 AM

On 04/04/2018 04:23, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Tue, 03 Apr 2018 22:28:30 -0400, schrieb nospam:

just because *you* can't figure out how doesn't mean it's impossible.

hehhehheh .. *Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional
functionality.*

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

For your written script to appear emboldened in Thunderbird, you need to
adjust where you place the asterisk at the right-hand end, viz:-

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality*.

HTH

--
David B.

Mayayana April 4th 18 01:13 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"RJH" wrote

| apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
| owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
| allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
| so.
|

| Nonsense.

Hey, give the guy a chance. April 15th is coming
up and it sounds like he knows a legal way to move
all my income to the Cayman Islands, so that I can
"fairly and legally" pay no income tax. After all,
"everyone" avoids taxes if they can, right? This must
be they key to how one buys a $1,200 phone with
a straight face.

I just hope the Linux/Windows user base can afford
to keep funding my Social Security check. Those
scruffy Linux people don't look like they have a lot
of income. And with no help from corporations or
hardcore AppleSeeds, the pressure's on them. :)

Ragnusen Ultred April 4th 18 03:03 PM

Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 08:31:40 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

Just for you, since you are an Apple user who doesn't have technical
competency and hence you can only play silly semantic games, since you seem
to care a lot about what other people's headers say, I updated the headers
(just for you) to *Thunderbird version 99.9.9* and I matched your +1 time
zone to boot!

RJH April 4th 18 03:45 PM

On 04/04/2018 03:20, nospam wrote:
In article , RJH wrote:

Exxon/Mobil has to drill oil wells, run tankers, clean
up spills.... how is it that Exxon/Mobil and Apple are
both near the top in profits? How is it that Apple
managed to collect a $215B tax evasion stash offshore
in the space of 7 years? *Billion!* That's about $30B/year.
And that's only the money they're hiding to cheat on taxes.

apple has not evaded paying *any* taxes. apple pays every tax dollar
they owe.

I think s/he meant tax *avoidance*. And Apple most certainly does avoid
tax.

no they don't. apple does *not* evade or avoid paying taxes. period.

They avoid paying tax. Period.

nope.

apple follows the tax code to reduce their tax liability, just like
other businesses and individuals do, which is not only legal, but smart
business.

There is no such thing as a 'tax code' in the sense you are using it.
There's more than one way of paying, avoiding or evading tax.

apple does *not* fudge the numbers to avoid paying taxes. that's
illegal and stupid.

It obfuscates.

[...]

Um - why, then?

apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
so.

What is this 'tax code'?

Nonsense. There is no law that says a company cannot pay tax at a full
and fair local rate.

public companies have a fiduciary obligation to their shareholders.

Ah, so it's not a 'law'. And it's not an obligation. Plenty, albeit a
minority, of companies do not act as Apple acts.

judge learned hand,
http://intltax.typepad.com/intltax_b...x-quotes-4-5.h
tml
Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low
as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best
pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase
one's taxes.
Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

May? Why not must, if it's 'the law'?

read it again.

My point remains - there's no legal obligation to avoid paying tax.

[...]

Try me :-)

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

you would fail incredibly hard at such an argument.

Give me a decent reason to agree with Apple's position to, say, take
sales in teh UK and not pay tax on those sales and I'll give you a response.

Just internet search "apple tax avoidance" (in quotes if you want - 30k+
hits). It really isn't my argument.

just internet search "flat earth", 11.6 million hits w/o quotes, 7.8
million with.

Apple has been avoiding tax rather more recently. And It's three words.

that's two orders of magnitude higher than apple tax avoidance, so it
*really* must be true.

if number of hits in a search is your metric to validate something,
then you have *far* bigger problems.

apple might not pay what *you* think they should but that's very
different.

Again, it's not just me. I may well be in a minority, but I don't think
I am.

minority/majority isn't the issue.

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

paying *more* than what they legally owe is stupid.

do you pay more than what you owe?? do you take deductions?

No and yes.

*you* didn't write the tax code, so what *you* think apple or any other
company should pay is completely irrelevant.

and why single out apple? amazon, who paid nothing compared to the ~11b
that apple paid in fy'17, along with microsoft, facebook, google, cisco
and the rest, all use the tax code to their advantage.

Agreed. They all avoid tax. I'm singling out Apple because they're the
object of discussion. I don't consider them to be the worst by a long chalk.

I avoid tax sometimes, and it's wrong.

then you're a hypocrite.

Indeed. Like just about every other adult.

I really do have a problem with Cook on this, and it's one of the few
occasions where he gets aggressive because he knows he's wrong.

he's not wrong. he's just a whole lot smarter than you are about how to
run a business.

he's wrong in the sense that he's arguing that what he's doing is
morally inconsistent. It isn't, and he knows it.

There's
no need. Apple is a business whose prime aim is the accumulation of
money and shareholder return. Like a lot of business.

like every public corporation and nearly all private ones.

Yep.

Other concerns -
such as workers' protection, tax paid in the spirit of community,
sourcing raw materials sustainably - are secondary. Just say so. People
will still buy Apple.

I know all this and I do.

too bad you don't understand any of it.

In good company it seems :-)

--
Cheers, Rob

RJH April 4th 18 03:46 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint withfonts?

On 04/04/2018 13:13, Mayayana wrote:
"RJH" wrote

| apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
| owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
| allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
| so.
|

| Nonsense.

Hey, give the guy a chance. April 15th is coming
up and it sounds like he knows a legal way to move
all my income to the Cayman Islands, so that I can
"fairly and legally" pay no income tax. After all,
"everyone" avoids taxes if they can, right? This must
be they key to how one buys a $1,200 phone with
a straight face.

You wish :-)

--
Cheers, Rob

nospam April 4th 18 04:47 PM

wrote:

After all,
"everyone" avoids taxes if they can, right?

everyone takes deductions and whatever else to *reduce* their taxes.

that's very different than *evasion*, which is illegal, and for the few
who do cheat on their taxes, they eventually get caught.

This must
be they key to how one buys a $1,200 phone with
a straight face.

further ignorance. new iphones start at $199 for mvnos.

and for those who can afford $1200, so what? it's their money and they
get to spend it any way they want. do you bash people who buy fancy
cars and houses?

nospam April 4th 18 04:47 PM

In article , RJH wrote:

no they don't. apple does *not* evade or avoid paying taxes. period.

They avoid paying tax. Period.

nope.

apple follows the tax code to reduce their tax liability, just like
other businesses and individuals do, which is not only legal, but smart
business.

There is no such thing as a 'tax code' in the sense you are using it.

yes there is, and it was just changed.

There's more than one way of paying, avoiding or evading tax.

those are three very different things, but so what?

apple pays their fair share, as does any well run business.
apple does not evade paying taxes, nor does any well run business.

a company or individual who evades paying taxes eventually gets caught.

apple does *not* fudge the numbers to avoid paying taxes. that's
illegal and stupid.

It obfuscates.

no.

apple, like other companies as well as individuals, pay the taxes they
owe, however, they *minimize* it to the extent that the tax code
allows. in fact, as a public company, they're legally *obligated* to do
so.

What is this 'tax code'?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/tax-code.asp
A tax code is a federal government document, numbering tens of
thousands of pages that details the rules individuals and businesses
must follow, in remitting a percentage of their incomes to the
federal government. The tax code is used as a source by tax lawyers
whom bear the responsibility of interpreting it for the public.

start he
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/26

Nonsense. There is no law that says a company cannot pay tax at a full
and fair local rate.

public companies have a fiduciary obligation to their shareholders.

Ah, so it's not a 'law'. And it's not an obligation. Plenty, albeit a
minority, of companies do not act as Apple acts.

any business that pays more taxes than it legally owes is very poorly
run.

judge learned hand,
http://intltax.typepad.com/intltax_b...x-quotes-4-5.h
tml
Any one may so arrange his affairs that his taxes shall be as low
as possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which will best
pay the Treasury; there is not even a patriotic duty to increase
one's taxes.
Gregory v. Helvering, 69 F.2d 809, 810 (2d Cir. 1934)

May? Why not must, if it's 'the law'?

read it again.

My point remains - there's no legal obligation to avoid paying tax.

read it one more time.

here's a clue: there is no legal obligation to pay *more* tax than is
owed.

someone certainly can pay more if they really want, but that would be
incredibly stupid.

put your money where you mouth is.

call the irs and tell them you will be paying more tax than required
and *not* to process the extra as a refund (which is what normally
happens with any excess).

also, every time you see a discounted price in a store or online
vendor, tell them you want to pay the full price and to *remove* any
discounts. be sure to sort prices high to low, not the other way
around.

apple is paying their *legal* tax obligation. period.

Insofar as I understand it, agreed.

then there's absolutely no issue, is there?

paying *more* than what they legally owe is stupid.

do you pay more than what you owe?? do you take deductions?

No and yes.

then you're avoiding paying taxes.

you're a hypocrite.

bull****.

David B.[_2_] April 4th 18 04:54 PM

On 04/04/2018 15:03, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 08:31:40 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

Just for you, since you are an Apple user who doesn't have technical
competency and hence you can only play silly semantic games, since you seem
to care a lot about what other people's headers say, I updated the headers
(just for you) to *Thunderbird version 99.9.9* and I matched your +1 time
zone to boot!

*Thank you*. :-)

--
David B.

David B.[_2_] April 4th 18 04:59 PM

On 04/04/2018 16:54, David B. wrote:
On 04/04/2018 15:03, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 08:31:40 +0100, schrieb David B.:

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

Just for you, since you are an Apple user who doesn't have technical
competency and hence you can only play silly semantic games, since you
seem
to care a lot about what other people's headers say, I updated the
headers
(just for you) to *Thunderbird version* *99.9.9* and I matched your +1 time
zone to boot!

*Thank you*. :-)

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in Thunderbird.

HTH

--
David B.

nospam April 4th 18 05:01 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , David B.
wrote:

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in Thunderbird.

assuming that's actually true and not due to your own incompetence,
it's further evidence thunderbird is a piece of ****.

David B.[_2_] April 4th 18 05:05 PM

On 04/04/2018 08:31, David B. wrote:
On 04/04/2018 04:23, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Tue, 03 Apr 2018 22:28:30 -0400, schrieb nospam:

just because *you* can't figure out how doesn't mean it's impossible.

hehhehheh .. *Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional
functionality.*

I'm pleased to see that you have updated your Thunderbird software! :-)

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality.*

For your written script to appear emboldened in Thunderbird, you need to
adjust where you place the asterisk at the right-hand end, viz:-

*Your entire belief system is comprised of fictional functionality*.

See Message-ID: for additional
information.

D.

Ragnusen Ultred April 5th 18 01:57 AM

Am Wed, 4 Apr 2018 16:59:14 +0100, schrieb David B.:

Btw, the asterisk emboldening doesn't work around *numbers* in Thunderbird.

Hi David B.

I may owe you a sincere heartfelt public apology.

Most, if not almost all, Apple posters always act like little children, and
they have for decades (it's the sole reason for all the Apple:Windows and
Apple:Linux and Apple:Android idiotic threads - since the Apple user almost
always acts like a fact-challenged child).

However, you seem to be different from the average Apple poster here.

What's *amazing* about you, which wouldn't be amazing for normal adults,
but for Apple users it's *astoundingly amazing*, is that you actually
provided a factual _reference_ in your posts.

Also, what's amazing is that you didn't use childish fifth-grade vitriol,
although I took your original comment about my old Thunderbird software as
a typical Apple bull**** response whenever asked a simple technical
question, which is that Apple users aren't competent whenever the question
involves an answer that Apple Marketing didn't give them.

So, I assumed you were playing the same silly semantic games that almost
all the incompetent Apple posters play, simply because they can never
answer even teh /simplest/ of technical questions.

Of course, this fact has been proven time and again with simple methods
such as asking the same question (as this one was) on the adult newsgroups
and on the Apple newsgroups - where what happens on the Apple newsgroups
is:

1. The posters act like children, almost every one, and,
2. They can't answer the technical question, so,
3. They quibble about silly semantic games (endlessly).

What's /shocking/ to me is that you did *not* play that endless game!

Remember, *all* the decades-long arguments are solely because of these
reasons above, since they only happen on Apple newsgroups and the silly
semantic games are always played by the non-technical Apple users.

As you know by now, I can change almost any header in this message that I
want since my Usenet reader is "vi" and the client is a bunch of shell
scripts that simply do a randomized lookup when I post (locked to the
thread topic and newsgroup for courtesy reasons).

So, having said all that by way of explanation, I owe you a public apology
because I had thought you were just playing the silly semantic games that
almost all Apple posters play (because they have no on-topic value).

In the end, despite your point being off topic, you handled the responses
much more like an adult would than most Apple posters would.

So, kudos to you for being like an adult, and sincere heartfelt apologies
from me for assuming you were just another technically incompetent Apple
baby who could do nothing but silly semantic games.

Mea culpa.
I apologize for not treating you as an adult would.

Ragnusen Ultred April 5th 18 02:00 AM

Am Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:53:33 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

Wow, but you're tedious little twit.

This is a note to David B., which is that *this* post above, from Alan
Baker, is how Apple users react to simple questions.

That's why I had assumed you were a similar child, since I've been on
Usenet for decades, where the Apple user is almost always incapable of
answering even the /simplest/ of questions, and where that Apple user
always responds with hateful vitriol to facts.

It's *always* the Apple poster acting like a child, which is why I was
surprised David B. when you acted like an adult.

My sincere apologies to David B., where he may understand the frustration
that intelligent adults have with the average Apple poster such as Alan
Baker is.

Alan Baker April 5th 18 02:24 AM

On 2018-04-04 6:00 PM, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Tue, 3 Apr 2018 19:53:33 -0700, schrieb Alan Baker:

Wow, but you're tedious little twit.

This is a note to David B., which is that *this* post above, from Alan
Baker, is how Apple users react to simple questions.

No, "Ragnusen".

It's how I react to tedious little twits, twit.

Diesel April 5th 18 02:46 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"David B."
Tue, 03 Apr 2018 14:37:24 GMT
in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

snip for brevity only
That a rather sad tale. :-(

It sounds as if you've been doing this alone, rather than with a
group of like-minded folk.

Have you ever considered joining a professional 'team' and earn a
living in a more straight-forward manner?

WARNING!

This is a classic David Brooks method of initiating with a future
stalking victim. See he

Don't become the next David Brooks cyberstalking victim!
Visit https://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php (10/10 WOT)
to learn more. If you've already become a victim or know someone who
has, you can provide the following information to them, your lawyer,
local law enforcement, etc.
https://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk - His local police. Report?
David Brooks (BoaterDave)
Jersey Cottage 86 Granary Lane
Budleigh Salterton Devon EX9 6ER United Kingdom
Phone: 44-1395-443340 (H) 07974-193550 (M)
Email(s): ,