PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Very quick review of the Pentax K1 Mark II (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131692)

Bill W August 18th 18 04:55 AM

Very quick review of the Pentax K1 Mark II

Got it yesterday, and took some test shots. The IBIS appears to work
great - 1/30th sec at 300mm, and the photos are pretty sharp. The IQ
and color also seem fine.

Shots up to ISO 6400 are pretty clean, but if you zoom to 2:1, there
is noise at that ISO. 1:1 looks pretty good.

When I get some time to check it more thoroughly, I will look at the
focus tracking. It's probably pointless - there are lots of reviews of
the camera, and although it's better than the first K1, no one thinks
it's very good, at least for subjects moving towards the camera.

I also need to look into the astrotracer and pixel shift, but those
things aren't very important right now.

I tried an old film lens from the early 90's expecting a lot of CA,
but there was none. Very strange, and I would think unrelated to the
camera, but that gives me a useful lens. One thing I love about Pentax
is the backward compatibility with lenses. I found an old Tamron 2x
TC, also from the film days. No AF, no aperture control, but it does
have focus confirmation, and it does give me a 600mm reach if I really
need it.

The camera was used at B&H, but in perfect condition. For $1650, a FF
camera would have to be pretty bad for me to regret the purchase.

Savageduck[_3_] August 18th 18 06:18 AM

Very quick review of the Pentax K1 Mark II

On Aug 17, 2018, Bill W wrote
(in ):

[...]

Have fun.

Savageduck