PhotoBanter.com

-   -   MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i) (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=77169)

[email protected] February 15th 07 08:16 PM

MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

I shot some mini movies on my Sony Cybershot camera (5 megapixel
thing) about 2 or 3 years ago.

I have the files saved on my hard drive (they are in *.MPG format) -
the videos play perfectly on my pc (and Mac)

I now use a Sony Ericsson k750i.

The videos don't play on my phone

(they are only mini/fun clips from nights-out and parties - it's
convenient to play it back on the phone)

(I no longer have the original camera. It was fairly similar to this
one: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSCP10-Cy...al-Optical/dp/
B00008O35W )

So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

Colin Wilson February 15th 07 11:09 PM

MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

Try recoding them with something like Super (free) from
http://www.erightsoft.com

Its a pain in the ass to find the download link usually, with multiple
pages of spiel telling you what it can do (and it does _the lot_) but
hopefully this will help you get there quicker...

http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html

Scroll right down to the bottom for the download links...

[email protected] February 16th 07 12:04 AM

MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

On 15 Feb., 23:09, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:
So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

Try recoding them with something like Super (free) fromhttp://www.erightsoft.com

Its a pain in the ass to find the download link usually, with multiple
pages of spiel telling you what it can do (and it does _the lot_) but
hopefully this will help you get there quicker...

http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html

Scroll right down to the bottom for the download links...

Thank you

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

* I presume it is Windows software. I don't suppose there is any Mac
software that does this? (I use both platforms - but I prefer to use
Mac when possible)

Colin Wilson February 16th 07 01:49 AM

MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

Thank you

My pleasure :-)

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

3gp is a smaller image size isn't it ? - if that's the case, there has
to be some loss somewhere...

* I presume it is Windows software. I don't suppose there is any Mac
software that does this? (I use both platforms - but I prefer to use
Mac when possible)

It is i'm afraid - not sure what convertors there are for a mac, but my
mate has one and he's fairly well clued up - i'll see if I can find
out !

Annika1980 February 16th 07 03:46 AM

On Feb 15, 7:04 pm, wrote:

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

You're playin video on a cell phone and you're worried about quality?
It ain't HD.

Ian McCall February 16th 07 06:29 AM

On 2007-02-16 00:04:53 +0000, said:

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

Joining the thread late so apologies if I get the wrong end of the stick...

Quicktime Pro will export to 3GP, but it won't handle MPEG directly.
Get the Quicktime MPEG component, then use MPEG Streamclip to export to
3GP.

Cheers,
Ian

Jon February 16th 07 07:32 AM

MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

declared for all the world to hear...

I shot some mini movies on my Sony Cybershot camera (5 megapixel
thing) about 2 or 3 years ago.

I have the files saved on my hard drive (they are in *.MPG format) -
the videos play perfectly on my pc (and Mac)

I now use a Sony Ericsson k750i.

The videos don't play on my phone

The phone does not support mpeg files. They are far too big.

(they are only mini/fun clips from nights-out and parties - it's
convenient to play it back on the phone)

So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

Use a media converter. I believe there is one built into the suite of
software that came with your K750i.
--
Regards
Jon

Colin Wilson February 16th 07 09:58 PM

MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

It is i'm afraid - not sure what convertors there are for a mac, but my
mate has one and he's fairly well clued up - i'll see if I can find
out !

OK, try some of the links on the following site, or search in google for
the others...

http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html
shake
visualhub