PhotoBanter.com

-   Film & Labs (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Prolonged Refrigerated "Exposed" Film processing Techniques (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=1528)

David December 29th 03 08:36 PM

Prolonged Refrigerated "Exposed" Film processing Techniques

Greetings,

Just recently found a whack of film (Some of which are in a lead bag)
that I shot in a foreign country and upon my return stored in a
freezer. Moving around with work I lost track of them...

The films must have been frozen now for about three or four years
since I shot them. They are an assortment of top quality BW and Colour
films most of which are 100 200 and the odd 400s... all print film
except for two.

Any recommendations on processing these guys and should I expect the
quality of them to be overwhelmingly depleted? Any possibilities/
tricks to salvage?

Thanks for your time ; )

Mark A December 29th 03 08:44 PM

Prolonged Refrigerated "Exposed" Film processing Techniques

"David" wrote in message
om...
Greetings,

Just recently found a whack of film (Some of which are in a lead bag)
that I shot in a foreign country and upon my return stored in a
freezer. Moving around with work I lost track of them...

The films must have been frozen now for about three or four years
since I shot them. They are an assortment of top quality BW and Colour
films most of which are 100 200 and the odd 400s... all print film
except for two.

Any recommendations on processing these guys and should I expect the
quality of them to be overwhelmingly depleted? Any possibilities/
tricks to salvage?

Thanks for your time ; )

Just use normal processing. The color film "may" (or may not) show some
degradation, but there is not much you can do about, and it is likely to be
minor.

Alan Browne January 4th 04 08:18 PM

David wrote:

Greetings,

Just recently found a whack of film (Some of which are in a lead bag)
that I shot in a foreign country and upon my return stored in a
freezer. Moving around with work I lost track of them...

The films must have been frozen now for about three or four years
since I shot them. They are an assortment of top quality BW and Colour
films most of which are 100 200 and the odd 400s... all print film
except for two.

Any recommendations on processing these guys and should I expect the
quality of them to be overwhelmingly depleted? Any possibilities/
tricks to salvage?

Thanks for your time ; )

Negative film stored that way is fairly robust. Process as usual,
expect some colours to be off. Consider processing one roll of each
type of film and then based on those results (negatives, not the
prints!) discuss with the lab what to do (if anything) on the succeeding
rolls.

Slide films will very likely be very color shifted.

Only one way to find out...!

Cheers,
Alan