PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Oh deer... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=111751)

Robert Spanjaard March 27th 10 11:43 PM

Oh deer...

I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

Peter[_7_] March 28th 10 02:37 AM

Oh deer...

"Robert Spanjaard" wrote in message
bel.net...
I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

I was poking around your site. I really like one shot of trees with snow
that looks like it was taken with a semi fisheye. Thanks for sharing.

--
Peter

rwalker March 28th 10 02:38 AM

Oh deer...

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 00:43:48 +0100, Robert Spanjaard
wrote:

I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Peter[_7_] March 28th 10 03:02 AM

Oh deer...

wrote:

I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Can't resist!
You mean you never herd of this?

What do you call a blind deer.

"No idea."

And if it's paralyzed?

"still no idea."

--
Peter

Savageduck[_3_] March 28th 10 03:47 AM

Oh deer...

wrote:

I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet
(plenty of deer & bear there).

Savageduck

rwalker March 28th 10 04:07 AM

Oh deer...

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 19:47:10 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet
(plenty of deer & bear there).

Savageduck

Seneca Falls, about halfway between Syracuse and Rochester, right at
the northern end of Cayuga Lake.

Savageduck[_3_] March 28th 10 04:31 AM

Oh deer...

wrote:

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet
(plenty of deer & bear there).

Savageduck

Seneca Falls, about halfway between Syracuse and Rochester, right at
the northern end of Cayuga Lake.

Yup.
I know exactly where Seneca Falls is.
I was in Syracuse in '71&'72 on E. Genesee at the bottom of the hill
from the University. I know that whole area quite well, having stomped
over to Watkins Glen, Ithaca, Up to the Thousand Islands area,
Alexander Bay, and East to Lake George, Corinth, Lake Lucerne, etc.
Those were somewhat headier times for a 20 something.

Savageduck

Allen[_3_] March 28th 10 04:56 AM

Oh deer...

wrote:

I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Reminds me of my back yard at times. I live in Austin TX in an area
labeled "Central City" by the real estate people, and it's not uncommon
to see as many as eight whitetails at once in our yard. Many of them
were born in our yard and the does keep returned to what we call the
"deer neonatal center" to bear their fawns. A nuisance, but beautiful
creatures. All the nurseries and garden shops have lists of what they
won't eat. Most herbs, such as rosemary and basil, are on the lists, but
surprisingly they don't eat irises.
Allen

Richard[_5_] March 28th 10 09:51 AM

Oh deer...

wrote:

I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

Upstate NY. Whereabouts?
Before I moved to California I lived in Syracuse, Utica, and in the
Adirondacks at a small place on the Fulton Chain of Lakes, Inlet

(plenty of deer & bear there).

Perfect for drunken thrillseeking dyslexics... ;)

Robert Spanjaard March 28th 10 11:03 AM

Oh deer...

wrote:

I thought I'd be happy if I could spot _one_ deer. I never expected
this. :-)

http://www.arumes.com/temp/CRW_5204.jpg

Where is this if you don't mind? I've seen this kind of thing in
upstate New York where I live, but not often that many at once.

National Park Hoge Veluwe, Netherlands.
http://maps.google.com/?ll=52.087734...988&t=h&z= 13

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com