PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131744)

Savageduck[_3_] September 14th 18 05:45 PM

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

https://youtu.be/PlcDc-6qEnw

Savageduck

Eric Stevens September 15th 18 01:11 AM

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 09:45:04 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

https://youtu.be/PlcDc-6qEnw

Very true.

I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

Eric Stevens

nospam September 15th 18 01:16 AM

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

luck.

Savageduck[_3_] September 15th 18 04:50 AM

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On Sep 14, 2018, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

luck.

Those selfie shooters should have such luck.

Ken Hart[_4_] September 15th 18 09:20 PM

wrote:

https://youtu.be/PlcDc-6qEnw

Very true.

I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

He had lackies to reload his film.

--
Ken Hart

Davoud September 15th 18 10:21 PM

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

Eric Stevens:
I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

Ken Hart:
He had lackies to reload his film.

It is likely that he had one or more paid assistants. "Lackies" seems
to be unnecessarily pejorative. Photographers today hire people to
assist them with lighting, schlepping, and whatnot. The wedding
photographer depicted here has two assistants for a location
shoot‹unless he was also assisted by the photographer who shot the
advertising photos, in which case it was three assistants. That is not
atypical
https://profoto.com/us/profoto-stori...ee-engagement-
and-wedding-portraits.

William Henry Jackson also photographed his assistant
https://www.loc.gov/resource/det.4a26901/ in the 19th century.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Eric Stevens September 19th 18 05:20 AM

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 02:45:28 -0700 (PDT), Whisky-dave
wrote:

On Saturday, 15 September 2018 22:21:48 UTC+1, Davoud wrote:
Eric Stevens:
I too don't know how Cartier-Bresson managed without two card slots.

Ken Hart:
He had lackies to reload his film.

It is likely that he had one or more paid assistants. "Lackies" seems
to be unnecessarily pejorative. Photographers today hire people to
assist them with lighting, schlepping, and whatnot. The wedding
photographer depicted here has two assistants for a location
shoot?nless he was also assisted by the photographer who shot the
advertising photos, in which case it was three assistants. That is not
atypical
https://profoto.com/us/profoto-stori...ee-engagement-
and-wedding-portraits.

William Henry Jackson also photographed his assistant
https://www.loc.gov/resource/det.4a26901/ in the 19th century.

I reckon the bloke with that 1,400 pound camera must have had some assistance.

Actually, he had some assistants.

Eric Stevens

Eric Stevens September 20th 18 01:00 AM

Some Thoughts on the Camera Wars

wrote:

[...]

Did these assistants take the photo ?
There's a differnce between assistants and having assistance.

I don't know about the 'taking' but apparently they did develop the
image with the aid of a bucket and mop.

Eric Stevens