PhotoBanter.com

-   General Photography Techniques (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   TABLE TOP PHOTOGRAPHY (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=56056)

1s1kjake January 27th 06 12:33 PM

TABLE TOP PHOTOGRAPHY

I am looking for information on Table Top Photography. Can any one
give me some places on the net for me to find out what type of equip.
and so on that I would need ?
thanks

zeitgeist January 29th 06 04:15 AM

TABLE TOP PHOTOGRAPHY

I am looking for information on Table Top Photography. Can any one
give me some places on the net for me to find out what type of equip.
and so on that I would need ?
thanks

In product photography you can find things called product tables, these have
two sheets of plexi, curved down at the front lip, curved up at the back and
then levels off after about 18 inch raise. The top layer is adjustable so
you can float the item over the background for a shadowless or disconnected
shadow.

Then you have light tents. fabric hung all around, though these days you
just buy an ezcube in various sizes including 7 foot square.

for some items you need mirrors to skim a bit of light across the edges to
raise highlights on texture, to give a bit of separation. white and silver
cards for fill, suspend a scrim overhead. a pack of pipe cleaners was a
handy fixer/holder. museum putty, playdo, NO silly putty.