PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Double Sunset (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131506)

PeterN[_7_] May 21st 18 04:08 AM

Double Sunset

I was playing with multiple exposures earlier today. Except for some ACR
and levels adjustments, the double sunset was done in camera. Nikon does
multiple exposures as one image. I set multiple exposure for 10, and
took fine on the right, and five on the left. While I need to refine
things a bit, the technique can work. Constructive comments are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9gwkq9lpu5qsdd/20180520_Sunset%20at%20Captree_4694.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN

android May 21st 18 04:42 AM

Double Sunset

On 2018-05-21 03:08:08 +0000, PeterN said:

I was playing with multiple exposures earlier today. Except for some
ACR and levels adjustments, the double sunset was done in camera. Nikon
does multiple exposures as one image. I set multiple exposure for 10,
and took fine on the right, and five on the left. While I need to
refine things a bit, the technique can work. Constructive comments are
welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9gwkq9lpu5qsdd/20180520_Sunset%20at%20Captree_4694.jpg?dl=0

Is it the tide rolling in or out that beaches the boat in on frame but
not the other? I've been fooling around with double exposures since me
early film days but now that effect can be achieved with a raster
graphics editor.
--
teleportation kills

PeterN[_7_] May 21st 18 07:07 PM

Double Sunset

On 2018-05-21 03:08:08 +0000, PeterN said:

I was playing with multiple exposures earlier today. Except for some
ACR and levels adjustments, the double sunset was done in camera.
Nikon does multiple exposures as one image. I set multiple exposure
for 10, and took fine on the right, and five on the left. While I need
to refine things a bit, the technique can work. Constructive comments
are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9gwkq9lpu5qsdd/20180520_Sunset%20at%20Captree_4694.jpg?dl=0

Is it the tide rolling in or out that beaches the boat in on frame but
not the other?

I suspect it was an incoming tide that beached the boat, because of a
broken mast. We had some heavy winds a few days ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64ypxkz2z3powvm/20180520_Sunset%20at%20Captree_4540.jpg?dl=0

I've been fooling around with double exposures since me
early film days but now that effect can be achieved with a raster
graphics editor.

I did some double exposures back in the film days. IIRC my F3 had a
button that prevented film advance when cocking the shutter. I also did
some in my wet darkroom. It is a lot easier now. Here's a recent five
image composite.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/egle6lb2xknjt0v/Spirits%20View.jpg?dl=0

While you have much more control in post, it is not as much fun as in
camera. I forgot to bring my ND filters, so I was duplicating the LE
effect by using in camera multiple exposure.
The original image was a multiple in camera, made while I was walking
around the tree. I Then played around in post, using the emboss filter
and attenuated the colors the way I wanted them. (I am almost positive
that the Duck won't like it, but I do.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2c7cul49u4jgo9b/tree1024.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN

Savageduck[_3_] May 21st 18 08:32 PM

Double Sunset

On May 21, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-05-21 03:08:08 +0000, PeterN said:

I was playing with multiple exposures earlier today. Except for some
ACR and levels adjustments, the double sunset was done in camera.
Nikon does multiple exposures as one image. I set multiple exposure
for 10, and took fine on the right, and five on the left. While I need
to refine things a bit, the technique can work. Constructive comments
are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9gwkq9lpu...at%20Captree_4
694.jpg?dl=0

Is it the tide rolling in or out that beaches the boat in on frame but
not the other?

I suspect it was an incoming tide that beached the boat, because of a
broken mast. We had some heavy winds a few days ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64ypxkz2z3...20Captree_4540
.jpg?dl=0

[...]

You are correct sir. ;-)

Savageduck

Eric Stevens May 22nd 18 12:46 AM

Double Sunset

On Sun, 20 May 2018 23:08:08 -0400, PeterN
wrote:

I was playing with multiple exposures earlier today. Except for some ACR
and levels adjustments, the double sunset was done in camera. Nikon does
multiple exposures as one image. I set multiple exposure for 10, and
took fine on the right, and five on the left. While I need to refine
things a bit, the technique can work. Constructive comments are welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9gwkq9lpu5qsdd/20180520_Sunset%20at%20Captree_4694.jpg?dl=0

I like it. :-)

Eric Stevens