PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Monkey selfie photographer says he's broke: 'I'm thinking of dog walking' (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130558)

Alfred Molon[_4_] July 17th 17 06:02 PM

Monkey selfie photographer says he's broke: 'I'm thinking of dog walking'

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...monkey-selfie-
macaque-copyright-court-david-slater

Seems strange that the photographer has no rights at all on that image.
After all he spent all the money to travel to Indonesia, set up the
scene, risked his expensive camera by handing it over to the monkey,
then waded though the countless images to find the good one, edited it
etc.
--
Alfred Molon

nospam July 17th 17 06:08 PM

Monkey selfie photographer says he's broke: 'I'm thinking of dog walking'

In article , Alfred
Molon wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...monkey-selfie-
macaque-copyright-court-david-slater

Seems strange that the photographer has no rights at all on that image.

he has rights to the image.

blame peta for ****ing things up for everyone.

peta is the same bunch of morons who tried to get a town to rename
itself.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/peta-woos-hamburgers-with-rare-offer/

After all he spent all the money to travel to Indonesia, set up the
scene, risked his expensive camera by handing it over to the monkey,
then waded though the countless images to find the good one, edited it
etc.

yep.

David B.[_3_] July 17th 17 06:14 PM

On 17-Jul-17 6:02 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...monkey-selfie-
macaque-copyright-court-david-slater

Seems strange that the photographer has no rights at all on that image.
After all he spent all the money to travel to Indonesia, set up the
scene, risked his expensive camera by handing it over to the monkey,
then waded though the countless images to find the good one, edited it
etc.

I got there by following THIS link!

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...t-david-slater

Fun article! :-)

--
David B.
Shared with acw!

android July 17th 17 06:17 PM

Monkey selfie photographer says he's broke: 'I'm thinking of dog walking'

In article ,
Alfred Molon wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...monkey-selfie-
macaque-copyright-court-david-slater

Seems strange that the photographer has no rights at all on that image.
After all he spent all the money to travel to Indonesia, set up the
scene, risked his expensive camera by handing it over to the monkey,
then waded though the countless images to find the good one, edited it
etc.

He could have copyright to the edit, perhaps if it's extensive but not
the image itself... The peanuts to the monkey! If he had own the monkey
on the other hand then the property of his property would be his...
--
teleportation kills

android July 17th 17 06:23 PM

Monkey selfie photographer says he's broke: 'I'm thinking of dog walking'

In article ,
android wrote:
[---]
He could have copyright to the edit, perhaps if it's extensive but not
the image itself...

What i meant with that is that it's not certain that you should be
allowed to edit another artists work creatively and thus limiting the
future use of it for the original artist.
--
teleportation kills

Davoud July 18th 17 02:44 AM

Monkey selfie photographer says he's broke: 'I'm thinking of dog walking'

MC:
A situation created by the American courts for allowing such an idiotic
case to go ahead in the first place, especially as PETA, with their
track record, are involved. This is typical American sue culture for
you.

Has PETA ever sued for damages on behalf of animals in human ownership
re employment rights. If not, that will be next. PETA are that
idiotic.

Enough that only PETA could give "ethical treatment of animals" a bad
name.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm