PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dead photo formula (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=101873)

____ October 21st 08 05:23 AM

Dead photo formula

In article
,
wrote:

Hello,
I'm new on this newsgroup, and I'm from Poland.

For many years I have followed Massive Dev Chart with developing my
films.. until now.

Many experienced photography teachers used to say, that one should -
as general - expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights.
Isn't this best advise for the lazy ones, who don't want to be
creative in the image creating process and just want to have
a c c e p t a b l e results?
I can not really comment on this D-3 type of negative method, for I
followed it only twice and got what I was afraid to get: open shadows
and the flat, dull highlights.

If one knows how to print one can always add contrast, is a lot harder
to subtract it.

--
Reality is a picture perfected and never looking back.