PhotoBanter.com

-   -   CF card - dead (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=816)

Spuzva June 24th 04 07:32 AM

CF card - dead

I have CF Viking 128Mb, and when I tried to backup pictures in my PC
with cardreader it gone dead.
WinXP now says that card is unreadible, my canon a60 can't format
card, and when I'm trying to format it, on display is message "E50".
Can I somehow "reset" card, and clear all data on it, like it was when
I purchase it?

Ron Hunter June 24th 04 09:22 AM

CF card - dead

Spuzva wrote:

I have CF Viking 128Mb, and when I tried to backup pictures in my PC
with cardreader it gone dead.
WinXP now says that card is unreadible, my canon a60 can't format
card, and when I'm trying to format it, on display is message "E50".
Can I somehow "reset" card, and clear all data on it, like it was when
I purchase it?

Probably not. Sometimes dead is dead.

Robert Meyers June 24th 04 06:33 PM

CF card - dead

"Ron Hunter" wrote in message
I have CF Viking 128Mb, and when I tried to backup pictures in my PC
with cardreader it gone dead.
WinXP now says that card is unreadible, my canon a60 can't format
card, and when I'm trying to format it, on display is message "E50".
Can I somehow "reset" card, and clear all data on it, like it was when
I purchase it?

Probably not. Sometimes dead is dead.

Try andhave windowns format it.