PhotoBanter.com

-   -   free newsgroup service (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=101557)

Jack October 2nd 08 05:54 PM

free newsgroup service

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th. Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

Blinky the Shark October 2nd 08 07:03 PM

free newsgroup service

Jack wrote:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th. Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

/Just/ announced? :)

See sig.

--
Blinky

Bert Hyman October 2nd 08 07:08 PM

free newsgroup service

(Jack) wrote in news:Xns9B2B6F057A439forrmarkyahoocom@
216.196.97.136:

Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup service?

http://www.motzarella.org/

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

irwell October 2nd 08 07:53 PM

free newsgroup service

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:26:40 -0700, Matt Ion wrote:

Bert Hyman wrote:
(Jack) wrote in news:Xns9B2B6F057A439forrmarkyahoocom@
216.196.97.136:

Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup service?

http://www.motzarella.org/

Seconded.

Thirded, great service.
Combined with a free news browser from 40tude.

Caesar Romano October 2nd 08 10:15 PM

free newsgroup service

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:54:49 -0500, Jack wrote Re
free newsgroup service:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th. Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

Free UseNet providoers:
AIOE http://news.aioe.org/
Albasani http://albasani.net/index.html.en
CNNTP http://www.cnntp.org/cnntp
ETT http://news.ett.com.ua/
Motzarella http://motzarella.org/
Solani http://news.solani.org/
Tornevall http://news.tornevall.net/
Usenet4all http://www.usenet4all.se (blocks all posts from Google)

Bob Haar October 3rd 08 12:16 AM

free newsgroup service

On 10/2/08 12:54 PMOct 2, "Jack" wrote:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th.

Where have you been? This was on Comcast's web site about two weeks ago.

Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

Start by looking in the appropriate newsgroup - alt.online-service.comcast.
This topic has been discussed quite a bit with a number of suggestions for
other NNTP services.

Blinky the Shark October 3rd 08 12:43 AM

free newsgroup service

Caesar Romano wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:54:49 -0500, Jack wrote Re
free newsgroup service:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th. Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

Free UseNet providoers:
AIOE http://news.aioe.org/

Spam source; some servers block its stuff. And not as reliable as others.

Albasani http://albasani.net/index.html.en

Good pick.

Motzarella http://motzarella.org/

Excellent pick.

Usenet4all http://www.usenet4all.se (blocks all posts from Google)

....and goes down for days at a time. See my note at link in sig:

--
Blinky

John McWilliams October 3rd 08 12:48 AM

free newsgroup service

Bob Haar wrote:
On 10/2/08 12:54 PMOct 2, "Jack" wrote:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th.

Where have you been? This was on Comcast's web site about two weeks ago.

Not that many of us Comcasters hang out on their site. It was news to me
as to the exact timing; it's been in the cards for years.

Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

Start by looking in the appropriate newsgroup - alt.online-service.comcast.
This topic has been discussed quite a bit with a number of suggestions for
other NNTP services.

Agreed this is not exactly a photo discussion. There's a nice list
posted by Mr. Romano.

--
john mcwilliams

Atheist Chaplain[_3_] October 3rd 08 01:23 AM

free newsgroup service

wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 11:54:49 -0500, in rec.photo.digital Jack
wrote:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th. Can anyone reccommend a free newsgroup
service?

nntp.aioe.org

ditto

Don Hirschberg

dwight[_2_] October 3rd 08 03:04 AM

free newsgroup service

"Bob Haar" wrote in message
On 10/2/08 12:54 PMOct 2, "Jack" wrote:

Comcast has just announced that it will no longer offer free newsgroup
service as of october 25th.

Where have you been? This was on Comcast's web site about two weeks ago.

The only time I see Comcast's website is when I log on to make a payment.
And I don't spend any more time on their lousy home page than necessary.
(Could they manage to squeeze in ANY more advertisements?)

I just today received an email notification from Comcast that they were
dropping newsgroups. I've known for quite some time, only because I read
about this ON a newsgroup, but I got my o-fficial notice today.

dwight