PhotoBanter.com

-   Darkroom Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Product Announcement: New f-Stop Timer from Darkroom Automation (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=86587)

Nicholas O. Lindan September 27th 07 02:57 PM

Product Announcement: New f-Stop Timer from Darkroom Automation

The new f-Stop timer from
Darkroom Automation

http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

(Need to know what an f-Stop timer is?
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/fst-faq.htm)

New Features:

o 300 steps of non-volatile memory
- Room to keep the sequences for your most
popular prints in memory - ready for
whenever you need them and with no re-
programming
- Room to experiment when you design a print's
exposure sequence; keep several approaches
in memory at the same time

o Easy memory programming
- The timer's prompting display, menus and
consistent operation make programming easy
- On-the fly programming, no special
programming mode
- Insert, delete and modify steps at any time

o Split filter printing
- High and low contrast channels; the timer
prompts for filter changes
- Separate control of exposure and contrast
- Either high or low contrast can be exposed
first for the base exposure
- Extensive dodge and burn support
. Convenient optional combined dodge & burn
sequence for prints made at one contrast:
only one sequence to edit and modify
. Separate dodge and burn sequences for
prints made with varying dodge and burn
contrast
. Dodge and burn contrasts remain constant
with changes to base exposure

o Ease of operation
- Automatically advances through steps when
executing a memorized exposure, loops back
to the beginning
- No doubled up keys, consistent operation,
clear display

o Extremely powerful and flexible dodging and
burning; dodges and burns in stops +/- the base
exposure
- Only timer with a dedicated dodging mode
. Any number of dodges; timer splits and
combines dodges so they fit into the
exposure time, i.e. combines a 1 stop
dodge and a 2 stop dodge
. Changes to a dodge exposures do not
change the base exposure, burn exposures
or other dodge exposures; no ripple-
through effects
- Burning and progressive burning
. Any number of base burns
. Any number of burns within a base burn
. Any number of burns within burns within
burns within...
. Store and return to way-points in burning
sequences

o Automatic test strips and test prints
- Progressive test strips at any starting
exposure and any exposure stop interval
- Sequences of individual test prints at
increasing exposures

o More
- Programmable cold-light start-up delay
- Compensate for changes in paper speed -
enter one value when using a new box of
paper and all exposures are compensated
- Percentage compensation for dry-down
- Can be set to work as an ordinary 'seconds'
timer

Owners of the original f-Stop Timer can have their
units upgraded to the latest model. See website
for details.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan
Darkroom Automation

[email protected] September 27th 07 10:21 PM

On 2007-09-27, Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:
The new f-Stop timer from
Darkroom Automation

I have Nick's timer and enlarging meter, and I'll unconditionally
recommend them to everyone. They are a pleasure to use and save me a lot of
time, paper, and chemicals.

Very highly recommended.

Owners of the original f-Stop Timer can have their units upgraded to the
latest model. See website for details.

Oooh. Good to know! I'll be in touch, Nick. :-)

Rich