PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Dead photo formula (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=101822)

John J October 19th 08 02:43 PM

Dead photo formula

wrote:
Hello,
I'm new on this newsgroup, and I'm from Poland.

Greetings!

Wouldn't it rather be arguable to meter and expose, for what's the
most important in the scene (be it the highlight reflection on the
face, pear, melon, wet sand on the beach, graded wall of the building,
or anything we want it to be) and have it tone separated thus? Then
adjust the rest with developing and printing?

Well expressed. That is one approach. You might note that much 'fine
art' photography chooses subjects/light/texture that yields best the
tones they wish in a print: choosing the subject to fit the medium.

I suspect that if you pursue an approach that interests you the most,
then you will learn the most about photography's qualities and enjoy the
work. So go for it and tell/show us how it works for you.