PhotoBanter.com

-   -   New Leica Compact (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=128413)

android June 10th 15 07:09 PM

New Leica Compact

The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Savageduck[_3_] June 10th 15 08:08 PM

New Leica Compact

On Jun 10, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

Nice with two big issues;
1: Pricey!
2: No interchangeable lenses.

Did I mention pricey, way too pricey.

Savageduck

android June 10th 15 08:16 PM

New Leica Compact

In article m,
Savageduck wrote:

On Jun 10, 2015, android wrote
(in ):

The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

Nice with two big issues;
1: Pricey!

As said: The pricetag ain't pretty. But... It will most likely outlast a
golden Apple Timex with ease!

2: No interchangeable lenses.

The good folks of Wetzlar have that covered with other products...

Did I mention pricey, way too pricey.

Cheepoo!
--
teleportation kills

Mort[_3_] June 10th 15 10:14 PM

New Leica Compact

android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

Mort Linder

---

PeterN[_6_] June 10th 15 10:43 PM

New Leica Compact

On 6/10/2015 5:14 PM, Mort wrote:
android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

Mort Linder

---

Actually if isn't that much if you compare it to my D800 + lens.

--
PeterN

Whiskers June 10th 15 10:44 PM

New Leica Compact

On 2015-06-10, android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

It's not /that/ compact. Good to see there's an eye-level viewfinder,
even if it is electronic-only. Remote control from a smartphone app is
interesting. I can see this model becoming popular among those who want
something rugged and reliable with very good images.

Is there a trend back to prime lenses for fixed-lens compacts?

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Savageduck[_3_] June 10th 15 11:29 PM

New Leica Compact

On Jun 10, 2015, Whiskers wrote
(in ):

On 2015-06-10, wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

It's not /that/ compact. Good to see there's an eye-level viewfinder,
even if it is electronic-only.

So What? I have that with my X-E2. Admittedly It is only APS-C not FF.
The X-E2 is that compact and I have the weight saving I have been looking for
without any loss of IQ.
https://db.tt/Zb4AfwnW
https://db.tt/FcUaojgS

Remote control from a smartphone app isinteresting.

Again, so what? Fujifilm have had that for two years now, and I have it with
my iPhone and X-E2.
https://db.tt/VzIgIRXK

Most importantly I didn’t pay $4,250, and I have the luxury of using
interchangeable lenses, including several Zeiss X-mount lenses, and they have
an “M” mount adaptor if I want to use Leica “M” glass, but even that
seems silly given the quality of glass Fujifilm has produced in their X
series prime and zoom lenses.
http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/x-lenses/#See_All

android June 11th 15 03:05 AM

New Leica Compact

In article , Mort
wrote:

android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

You can't put a price on artware...
--
teleportation kills

android June 11th 15 03:05 AM

New Leica Compact

In article ,
PeterN wrote:

On 6/10/2015 5:14 PM, Mort wrote:
android wrote:
The camera looks nice, but not the pricetag... It's a compact
after all!

http://www.shutterbug.com/content/le...-full-frame-le
ica-q-compact-camera-full-resolution-test-images
http://tinyurl.com/ntt2x38

At $4,250.-, all I can say is O.M.G.

Mort Linder

---

Actually if isn't that much if you compare it to my D800 + lens.

Nah, and your a cheepoo that hasn't upgraded to the D810. People like
you are killing Nikanon dead!
--
teleportation kills

android June 11th 15 03:05 AM

New Leica Compact

On 2015-06-10, wrote:
[...]

If you want a compact camera with interchangeable lenses on a budget,
then the I think that the Canon EOS M line is still interesting. And you
can use it as a backup for your other Canon gear.