PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Anothergiant passes: Bert Stern dead (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=126088)

Chemiker July 15th 13 07:18 PM

Anothergiant passes: Bert Stern dead

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 15:04:45 -0400, Robert Coe wrote:

On Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:18:02 -0400, Bowser wrote:
: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/27/ar...t-83.html?_r=0

I never heard of Bert Stein. But I remember that picture of the martini.

Who are the giants of photography today? In the past year or two I've been to
several interesting lectures by some very talented photographers. But I'm not
sure I'd call any of them giants.

Bob

Amen. We had Stern, we had (late) Karsh, we had Peter Turner and so
many more.. So where are those who are their students? I'm afraid our
fotogs today are propagandists and people who do not understand the
art. They are emotionally dead.

It's part of the IT age. He who controls the information, controls
everything.

Sorry

A=