PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Equipment for Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   "You can finally take those blind folds off" (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=33201)

suzzie August 14th 03 10:59 PM

"You can finally take those blind folds off"

Hi my name is Suzzie and I have been researching to start a magazine
called "Blind Fold."
You see, when I go to the store and look through a photographic
magazine I see a lot of nude photography and quite frankly I am sick
and tired of trying to explain to my six-year old nephew why he can't
see the photographs inside. Well, I would like to get a magazine
started with no nude photography inside but I really need your feed
back and see what you think. Do you think this would work, would buy
my magazine. Please e-mail me. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Suzzie

ajacobs2 August 15th 03 02:33 AM

"suzzie" Do you think this would work, would buy
my magazine. Please e-mail me. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Suzzie

Nope, next question................

Lisa Horton August 15th 03 06:21 PM

suzzie wrote:

Hi my name is Suzzie and I have been researching to start a magazine
called "Blind Fold."
You see, when I go to the store and look through a photographic
magazine I see a lot of nude photography and quite frankly I am sick
and tired of trying to explain to my six-year old nephew why he can't
see the photographs inside. Well, I would like to get a magazine
started with no nude photography inside but I really need your feed
back and see what you think. Do you think this would work, would buy
my magazine. Please e-mail me. Thank you.
Sincerely,
Suzzie

I worry about parents who are more concerned with shielding their
children from healthy natural things than with shielding them from
excessive violence in media. Giving your children the message that sex
is bad but violence is good doesn't seem very healthy.

My feedback would be to examine your value system and see if you can
unwarp it.

Lisa

Just Me August 16th 03 04:57 AM

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message

suzzie wrote:

[...]

You hit the nail on the head. This was a very well put reply. I know of a woman
back East that was like that and her kids ended up crack heads and she never saw
it coming. out of wack priorities at best poor value system at worst.

Ed

Kevin Neilson August 16th 03 08:22 AM

"Lisa Horton" wrote in message

I worry about parents who are more concerned with shielding their
children from healthy natural things than with shielding them from
excessive violence in media. Giving your children the message that sex
is bad but violence is good doesn't seem very healthy.

My feedback would be to examine your value system and see if you can
unwarp it.

Lisa

Well, now, to be fair, I can't see where Suzzie says that exposing her
nephew to violence is OK.

I get issues of "Lens Work" when I can afford the ten dollars, and it's the
highest-quality photo mag I've seen and I've yet to see nudity in it. It
must be good, because I keep buying it anyway. I did have to skip a recent
issue that had a series of dog pics, though.

Most of the lame-o consumer ad rags, like Petersen's Photographic, are
nudity-free (and content-free).

-Kevin

Hickster0711 August 17th 03 01:29 PM

The day after you told that kid not to look at that magazine, was the day
before he started his porn collection. Nice work. Bob Hickey