PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131293)

Ragnusen Ultred March 29th 18 04:07 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

I have someone making signs for me on a vinyl style printer where she says
she can't read in the Microsoft Powerpoint and fonts, even though I've
embedded the entire truetype set (not just what's used in the document) in
the PowerPoint file.

I don't have a Mac nor Adobe Illustrator to test it out, but can't
Illustrator just read in the PowerPoint file with the fonts?

She says it can't do either, so she has to re-create the sign from a JPEG
which seems pretty ridiculous to me but I don't know the technology at all
since I have never done it.

It's basically two question:
1. Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a PowerPoint file from Windows?
2. If yes, can't it get the font out of the embedded font in the PPT file?

nospam March 29th 18 04:25 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

illustrator is the same on both platforms and can open a wide variety
of formats, except that powerpoint is not one of them (no surprise
there).

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/...mats-illustrat
or.html

I have someone making signs for me on a vinyl style printer where she says
she can't read in the Microsoft Powerpoint and fonts, even though I've
embedded the entire truetype set (not just what's used in the document) in
the PowerPoint file.

powerpoint is the *wrong* tool for making signs, which you were told
the last time you asked about that (and subsequently ignored all of the
advice).

*start* with illustrator.

otherwise, save the powerpoint as pdf and open that.

Savageduck[_3_] March 29th 18 04:54 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Mar 28, 2018, Ragnusen Ultred wrote
(in article ):

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

I have someone making signs for me on a vinyl style printer where she says
she can't read in the Microsoft Powerpoint and fonts, even though I've
embedded the entire truetype set (not just what's used in the document) in
the PowerPoint file.

I don't have a Mac nor Adobe Illustrator to test it out, but can't
Illustrator just read in the PowerPoint file with the fonts?

She says it can't do either, so she has to re-create the sign from a JPEG
which seems pretty ridiculous to me but I don't know the technology at all
since I have never done it.

Since we all know who is who in this pond I will accept your query as
genuine, but I am weary of all you post.

It's basically two question:
1. Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a PowerPoint file from Windows?

Sort of, but first there is no Mac Adobe Ilustrator. Currently there is Adobe
Illustrator CC for Win and Mac, and is available for monthly subscription.

https://www.adobe.com/products/illustrator.html

As to how a PPT file can be read into Ai there are a few steps to be
followed:

https://youtu.be/-1gCwdRwIsY

https://www.free-power-point-templat...-to-convert-a-
powerpoint-presentation-to-a-vector-image/

https://pptxtreme.com/powerpoint-to-photoshop-and-back-on-your-mac/

2. If yes, can't it get the font out of the embedded font in the PPT file?

https://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/m...s-illustrator-
4813.html

Probably, if you follow some of the tips above.

Personally, with my interest in photography rather than design, or
illustration I do not use Ai just Lightroom CC, and Photoshop CC along with
some othe photography centric software. If I want to open a PPT file, or
presentation on my Mac I use Keynote.

Savageduck

Mayayana March 29th 18 01:48 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"Ragnusen Ultred" wrote

| Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

Please cross-post if necessary, rather than multi-posting.
Your question is being answered in the Win10 group. The
consensus seems to be:

Convert the PPT to PDF. (In MS Office, or failing that,
in Libre Office.)

Import the PDF into Illustrator.

Ragnusen Ultred March 29th 18 03:15 PM

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:48:34 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

Your question is being answered in the Win10 group.

The answer is different on the two platforms since the entire set of
truetype embedded fonts are involved.

I would ask on the Mac group, but it's filled to the brim with little
children who have almost no technical competency so it would be a waste to
ask there, whereas adults reside here who own a Mac, and the Windows group
is always adults as can be seen by the responses there.

Moving forward, I'm leaning toward PDF, DOC, or WMF, but I don't think WMF
can embed the fonts (I never worked with WMF).

Ragnusen Ultred March 29th 18 05:43 PM

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 07:15:31 -0700, schrieb Ragnusen Ultred:

Moving forward, I'm leaning toward PDF, DOC, or WMF, but I don't think WMF
can embed the fonts (I never worked with WMF).

Quick update.
Forget WMF. The PPT to WMF output looks nothing like the originals.

So it's only PDF and DOC/RTF (and other image-file formats) that are left
that AI will read in directly, but the DOC/RTF seems to only be the text
and not the graphics, so, without a 'converter' program of some type,
Microsoft Word DOC files are not feasible.

PDF with embedded fonts is the main option, it seems, although the MAC
Windows suite can't handle embedded fronts in Windows documents but I'm not
sure about whether the Mac Adobe Illustrator can handle embedded fonts in
PDF documents.

Another option, which came up on the helpful Windows newsgroup, is to
convert the font text to curves using this option (assuming the
no-longer-available MS Office 2007 plugin is already installed).

Office Logo Save As (choose PDF) Tools Publish

Tools contains these subsections
a. Map Network Drive...
b. Save Options...
c. General Options...
d. Web Options...
e. Compress Pictures...

In the "Save Options...", there is
A. Popular
B. Proofing
C. Save
D. Advanced
E. Customize
F. Trust Center
G. Resources

Under "Advanced" is a "Print" section, and under that is:
[_]Print TrueType fonts as graphics

However, I just ran a quick test, where the results of looking at a small
"e" zoomed tightly on saving to PDF with and without that option doesn't
seem to make any realistic difference at the size of two-inch letters
typical of road signs.

http://i.cubeupload.com/3Zbidh.gif

--
Assumes "SaveAsPDFandXPS.exe" is already installed:
2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

nospam March 29th 18 08:39 PM

wrote:

Your question is being answered in the Win10 group.

The answer is different on the two platforms since the entire set of
truetype embedded fonts are involved.

no it isn't, since illustrator is the same on both platforms.

I would ask on the Mac group, but it's filled to the brim with little
children who have almost no technical competency

troll attempt confirmed.

Ragnusen Ultred March 30th 18 10:15 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 15:39:01 -0400, schrieb nospam:

troll attempt confirmed.

I only speak valid verified fact that any adult can verify for himself.

What's confirmed, time and again, is that once any of the Apple-based
child-like posters, such as you, nosmap, and Jolly Roger, Lewis, BK@OnRamp,
Alan Baker, Tim Streator, etc. infest a technical-question thread, it's
dead.

Witness, for example, the *immense* progress the Windows adults made on the
same question, by the same poster, at the same time, with many excellent
technical questions and answers resolved by adults.
Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517

On the adult platform newsgroup, we not only proved out all the necessary
steps, the adults there also found where to get the AI software (apparently
for free but I need to doublecheck that), with a valid Windows license,
using the valid free TT fonts, and outputing and inputting the right file
formats, and running the requisite steps inside the free AI tool suite:
1. Import the AI format file into AI CS2
2. Use the CutContour command
3. Use the embedded fonts
4. Print to vinyl

On the Mac group, which, for decades, has been proven time and again to be
filled to the brim with child-like responses to any technical question they
don't like, the valid technical question wouldn't likely have received a
*single* purposefully helpful technical answer, and as a result of the
children who are proven time and again to infest the Apple newsgroups, the
thread would have been miles long, getting nowhere, as this simple Mac
question recently was.
Can a Mac edit an iOS file over WiFi without iTunes existing on the Mac?
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/qjSmqEa-P8k/khhfEbzBAAAJ

What's going on?
I don't know, but it seems that simply asking a technical question that
Apple users don't like results in them purposefully destroying the thread
with their childish rants.

Examples abound where this thread simply supplies valid verified proof:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/HS86K5NJBgU/zcn_LvqcBgAJ

Notice, as that thread proves, on the Windows and Linux newsgroups, we ask
the same questions as we ask on the Apple newsgropus, and lo and behold,
adults answer the same question by *purposfully* providing helpful answers.

Fancy that.
It's only the select set of, admittedly prolific, Apple posters, who, over
the decades, have proven time and again that they're incapable of handling
technical questions they don't like, as adults would.

There is so much proof on the net that these Apple-based half-dozen or so
posters purposfully ruin any technical thread they don't like, that you may
as well assume any thread that they, or you infest, is dead the moment you
join it.

Like what happened to this thread, the moment you joined it.

Luckily, adults are proven to exist on the other newsgroups, so fantastic
technical progress was made despite the child-like Apple posters that you
represent.

Proof positive is he

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 01:43 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:48:34 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

Please cross-post if necessary, rather than multi-posting.
Your question is being answered in the Win10 group. The
consensus seems to be:

Convert the PPT to PDF. (In MS Office, or failing that,
in Libre Office.)

Import the PDF into Illustrator.

Hi Mayayana,

By now, you realize why you can't have any Apple users on any thread where
you actually expect three things:
a. Technical competency
b. Purposefully helpful responses
c. On-topic technical responses

Over the past two decades, that maxim has held out in spades, where recent
experiments show that it doesn't even matter /what/ the topic is, if the
Apple users are involved, it devolves instantly into childish drivel.

I was wrong when I thought the Apple children just didn't like facts that
were 'inconvenient' for them, such as anything truthful about either iOS or
the Mac OS.

I know this because I ran an experiment earlier this week about cable
strain relief, where I purposefully asked the same question, not as me, of
a set of non-Apple newsgroups, and a set of Apple newsgroups.

Remember, this experiment was about a cable strain relief, for heaven's
sake, which shouldn't /threaten/ the Apple posters in the least - and yet -
as always - the Apple posters alone destroyed the thread!

*Experiment showing the more Apple posters, the more unhelpful garbage*
From: Erholt Rhein
Title: What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
Newsgroups: alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.mac.system,misc.phon e.mobile.iphone
Proof: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/misc.phone.mobile.iphone/RDTYTGMX_iM/SQmXbIRuBAAJ

*Experiment showing lack of Apple posters always comes to a helpful solution!*
From: Erholt Rhein
Title: What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
Newsgroups: sci.electronics.repair,comp.mobile.android,alt.hom e.repair
Proof: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.home.repair/bzlhAN_xYOM/OP7iFPBeAgAJ

The proof is astoundingly reliable over the decades, that no matter what
technical question is asked, if Apple posters are involved, the thread will
almost never come to a technical solution - while if you eliminate the
Apple posters, you almost always come to a great solution.

Like all experiments that involve the Apple newsgroups, only the Apple
thread went to hell in a hand basket instantly, simply because when gnats
buzz a picnic, they will /always/ ruin the thread.

Sure, you can attempt to swat away the Apple gnats, or you can try to
ignore them, but the moment these Apple parasites find your picnic, the
thread is as good as ruined already.

Since I only speak valid facts verifiable by any sentient adult, here are
the links to that simple non-operating-system related experiment.

Apple posters posting incessant drivel to the simplest of questions:
Adult posters posting purposefully helpful answers to the same questions:

As just another pertinent example that the Apple posters have no intention
to ever be helpful, nor can they be helpful, just look at this simple
summary from the /same/ thread topic, where the difference between the lack
of technical competence on this newsgroup versus the adult newsgroup is
stellar.

High purposefully unhelpful ratio:
*Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?*
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.photo.digital/zdVFRNwhdA8/UXTcwOiUBgAJ

High purposefully helpful ratio:
*Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?*
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517

*** *** *Summary of the progress on the _adult_ newsgroups* *** *** ***
0. The best format, by far, for output from PowerPoint 2007 to suck into
Adobe Illustrator is PDF, particularly a PDF with the entire embedded font
set, simply because the /native/ format of Adobe Illustrator /is/ PDF.

1. A screenshot of the template, where the users are instructed they can
change anything but the last line (the ordinance legalities) and the
outside border. For example, if they want to draw a picture, they can, but
nobody bothered. They all just changed the text, which is why PowerPoint is
the right tool for that job.
http://i.cubeupload.com/pK8NQE.gif

2. The powerpoint 2007 file with the entire font set embedded.
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/H5GDdHA1/file.html

3. The PDF output from PowerPoint, with the entire font set embedded.
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/abXkQMAN/file.html

4. The entire "Roadgeek Series B Regular" font set, where distribution
requires only that the copyright notice be kept intact.
http://www.fontspace.com/michael-d-adams/roadgeek-2005

5. Free licensed copy of Adobe Illustrator:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html

6. Instructions for importing PDF into Adobe Illustrator:
How to edit PDF files in Adobe Illustrator
http://blog.globalizationpartners.com/using-pdf-in-illustrator-when-source-files-are-lost.aspx

Search archived for leverage at:
http://tinyurl.com/alt-comp-os-windows-10
*** *** *Summary of the progress on the _adult_ newsgroups* *** *** ***

More proof positive of the same purposefully uhhelpful posts when Apple
respondents are involved is provided in this factual summary thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/comp.sys.mac.system/HS86K5NJBgU/zcn_LvqcBgAJ

nospam March 31st 18 05:24 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Andreas
Rutishauser wrote:

5. Free licensed copy of Adobe Illustrator:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html

and you think a Mac user will be happy with a Windows copy of CS2?

Go figure...

they wouldn't be any happier with a mac version of cs2, since it's
powerpc only...

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 06:08 AM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 06:21:49 +0100, schrieb Andreas Rutishauser:

and you think a Mac user will be happy with a Windows copy of CS2?

Hi Andreas Rutishauser,

There is a reason for the PowerPoint, which is that it's a format that
everyone has already and knows already and which is easily modified as
shown in this screenshot below. http://i.cubeupload.com/pK8NQE.gif

There is a reason for the Windows Adobe Illustrator, which is that we want
to /test/ whether it's best to hand the Mac Adobe Illustrator just the PDF
output from PowerPoint or to hand the Mac the Adobe Illustrator AI files
from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

There is sufficient detail for you to understand what you seem to have
missed in this thread, posted just now, but only to the mac newsgroup.
Can the latest Mac Adobe Illustrator read in Windows Adobe Illustrator CS2 "ai-format" files?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.sys.mac.apps/xiJFl-xbD1o

Thanks!

nospam March 31st 18 06:10 AM

wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

you are pirating it.

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 06:13 AM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 00:24:36 -0400, schrieb nospam:

they wouldn't be any happier with a mac version of cs2, since it's
powerpc only...

Both of you completely whooshed on the technical detail.

Rather than repeat it, just look at this thread, and try to act like an
adult, even though you, nospam, have proven for years that:
a. You don't know the answer to any technical question, and,
b. Even so, you just guess (where a monkey does as well as you do), and, a
c. Even more so, you have zero intention to ever be helpful.

Rather than prove those obvious points, I'll let you every post prove it
for me, just as you already proved in this thread on the subject:

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 06:17 AM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 01:10:49 -0400, schrieb nospam:

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

In your constant question to act like a child, nospam, you completely
whooshed on all the extensive tests that Paul already ran and explained in
detail the Windows thread.
Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517

Notice that there, not surprisingly, no Apple users were on that Windows
thread, so it was immensely informative for all the users and not filled to
the brim with your childish drivel that you Apple users have unilaterally
spouted for decades.

Why do Apple posters always act like children.
I don't know why.

I just know that you do.

Andreas Rutishauser March 31st 18 06:21 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article ,
Ragnusen Ultred wrote:

Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:48:34 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

Please cross-post if necessary, rather than multi-posting.
Your question is being answered in the Win10 group. The
consensus seems to be:

Convert the PPT to PDF. (In MS Office, or failing that,
in Libre Office.)

Import the PDF into Illustrator.

5. Free licensed copy of Adobe Illustrator:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html

and you think a Mac user will be happy with a Windows copy of CS2?

Go figure...

--
MacAndreas Rutishauser, http://www.MacAndreas.ch
EDV-Dienstleistungen, Hard- und Software, Internet und Netzwerk

Your Name[_2_] March 31st 18 07:01 AM

On 2018-03-31 05:21:49 +0000, Andreas Rutishauser said:
In article ,
Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Am Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:48:34 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

Please cross-post if necessary, rather than multi-posting.
Your question is being answered in the Win10 group. The
consensus seems to be:

Convert the PPT to PDF. (In MS Office, or failing that,
in Libre Office.)

Import the PDF into Illustrator.

5. Free licensed copy of Adobe Illustrator:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4948-adobe-creative-suite-free.html

and you think a Mac user will be happy with a Windows copy of CS2?

You can get the Mac version as well. Technially it's not "free". You're
meant to have, and still need, a license code. Adobe turned off the
authentication servers for the old apps, meaning anyone still using
them would have problems, so Adobe supplied the download links for
tweaked versions which will work.

Go figure...

It's a ridiculous troll question to begin with since NO version of
Adobe Illustrator can open a PowerPoint document. :-\

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 07:47 AM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 19:01:08 +1300, schrieb Your Name:

You can get the Mac version as well.

This is good to know, so thank you for being an adult, which, as has been
proven for decades, is rare on any Apple-related newsgroup.

It's a ridiculous troll question to begin with since NO version of
Adobe Illustrator can open a PowerPoint document. :-\

Whoever it was that errantly *thought* that was the problem simply
completely misunderstood the problem set, which was explained so many times
that it doesn't need to be explained again.

In fact, nobody on the Windows newsgroup was confused about that part of
the problem set, since they're all adults there who can comprehend facts.
Can Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?
http://www.pcbanter.net/showthread.php?t=1103517

Before anyone jumps to more completely erroneous wacky assumptions, just
look at this short post for the key unanswered question:

Eric Stevens March 31st 18 10:01 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 01:10:49 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

It may have been better if Ragnusen Ultred had written "readily
available".

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

Eric Stevens

Mayayana March 31st 18 02:16 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"Eric Stevens" wrote

| you are pirating it.
|
| Not necessarily.

Those programs were actually put online by Adobe
some time ago. Adobe themselves provided the
keys. There were license terms with the downloads
that said they were only valid if obtained from Adobe
directly. Check. So it's all perfectly legal.

Later Adobe altered the terms to say the download
was intended only for people who had bought the
programs but had lost the media and key.

My guess is that they were offering them
to get new customers who might then want to
mortgage their house to buy the latest version.
Then it probably turned out that there were no new
suckers to be had. Only people who were interested
in Adobe products *if* they were free. So Adobe
backtracked and officially claimed that, "Yes, we're
giving this stuff away. But not really."

Mayayana March 31st 18 02:22 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

"Ragnusen Ultred" wrote

| Hi Mayayana,
|
| By now, you realize why you can't have any Apple users on any thread where
| you actually expect three things:

Don't try to bring me into this. You're
cross-posting to a Mac group for no good
reason, then repeatedly insulting them.
And that's after you already multi-posted
to numerous groups to answer one simple
question. No one owes it to you to be
helpful.

nospam March 31st 18 03:14 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

It may have been better if Ragnusen Ultred had written "readily
available".

no difference.

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

yes necessarily.

nospam March 31st 18 03:14 PM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| you are pirating it.
|
| Not necessarily.

Those programs were actually put online by Adobe
some time ago. Adobe themselves provided the
keys. There were license terms with the downloads
that said they were only valid if obtained from Adobe
directly. Check. So it's all perfectly legal.

nope.

the license terms stated that cs2 is for those who already have an
existing cs2 license.

it is *not* nor never was intended to be able to leech a copy. period.

Later Adobe altered the terms to say the download
was intended only for people who had bought the
programs but had lost the media and key.

nope. they never altered anything.

My guess is

just that, and completely wrong.

that they were offering them
to get new customers who might then want to
mortgage their house to buy the latest version.

nonsense.

it was a (then) 8 year old version that hadn't been sold in years and
would not run on existing hardware or operating systems anymore,
therefore they could not justify keeping the activation servers online.

new customers were buying new versions, at the time, either cs6 or
creative cloud.

your guess is not even remotely close.

Then it probably turned out that there were no new
suckers to be had. Only people who were interested
in Adobe products *if* they were free. So Adobe
backtracked and officially claimed that, "Yes, we're
giving this stuff away. But not really."

like i said, your 'guess' is wrong.

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 04:36 PM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 22:01:46 +1300, schrieb Eric Stevens:

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

Hi Eric,
I don't know you so I need to know if you're coming from the Mac side or
the adult side (rec.photo.digital).

If you're coming from the Mac side, then it's understanable that you're in
keeping with all the Apple children that they latch on to silly semantics
instead of the tougher technical topic which is being asked.

If you're coming from the adult side, I would simply ask you to answer the
technical question, which has no bearing on what the legal position of the
tools is (which, I might add, the adults on the Windows side already hashed
out to a level of detail that puts the silly Mac users to instant shame).

In short,
a. If you're coming from the Mac side, then you have no helpful intent, nor
do you have any technical capability to answer the question, so, it's
understandable that you latch, instead, tenaciously on silly semantic
games.

b. If you're coming from the adult side, then I already pointed you to the
adult side of that non-technical legal tangent, where your immense
confusion will be allayed.

Now back to the question at hand which has nothing to do with silly
semantics that the Apple users /always/ latch onto because they can't or
they refuse to answer even the /simplest/ of technical questions.

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 04:39 PM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 09:16:49 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

Those programs were actually put online by Adobe
some time ago. Adobe themselves provided the
keys. There were license terms with the downloads
that said they were only valid if obtained from Adobe
directly. Check. So it's all perfectly legal.

Later Adobe altered the terms to say the download
was intended only for people who had bought the
programs but had lost the media and key.

My guess is that they were offering them
to get new customers who might then want to
mortgage their house to buy the latest version.
Then it probably turned out that there were no new
suckers to be had. Only people who were interested
in Adobe products *if* they were free. So Adobe
backtracked and officially claimed that, "Yes, we're
giving this stuff away. But not really."

Thank you Mayayana for explaining the legalities which were already hashed
out in the adult newsgroup (Windows 10) and where I do appreciate that you
took the time and effort to explain this to Mr. Eric Stevens.

However ...

If this guy is from the Apple side, just explaining facts to them is like
explaining to a child why he can't have his hand in the cookie jar. It's
completely lost on these Apple children. Always. It's repeatable as the sun
rising every morning.

It doesn't matter what the facts are.
Just watch.

The Apple children, such as nospam has proven himself to be, will always
prove three points:
a. They have no intention to be helpful, ever, and,
b. They don't actually know the answer to the question, and,
c. They always just guess (where their success rate is that of the monkey)
Hence ...
They can only play their incessant silly semantic games.

Don't believe me.
Let them prove it themselves.

nospam March 31st 18 04:42 PM

wrote:

[...]

you two make a perfect pair.
both of you are completely delusional.

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 04:44 PM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 09:22:21 -0400, schrieb Mayayana:

Don't try to bring me into this. You're
cross-posting to a Mac group for no good
reason, then repeatedly insulting them.
And that's after you already multi-posted
to numerous groups to answer one simple
question. No one owes it to you to be
helpful.

Fair enough.

But watch what happens the /instant/ the Apple users, like nospam is, get
involved.

Just watch.

Ragnusen Ultred March 31st 18 04:45 PM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 11:42:57 -0400, schrieb nospam:

you two make a perfect pair.
both of you are completely delusional.

Notice you prove, in /every/ post the veracity of my statements.

nospam March 31st 18 04:46 PM

wrote:

But watch what happens the /instant/ the Apple users, like nospam is, get
involved.

he exposes the true trolls, you and your new bff, mayayana.

Your Name[_2_] March 31st 18 11:13 PM

On 2018-03-31 09:01:46 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 01:10:49 -0400, nospam
wrote:
In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

It may have been better if Ragnusen Ultred had written "readily
available".

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

If you're downloading the tweaked versions from Adobe without actually
owning a licence, then yes, you are pirating it. The instructions on
Aodbe's download page specifically say you have to already own a
licence.

Ragnusen Ultred April 1st 18 03:41 PM

Am Sat, 31 Mar 2018 11:46:18 -0400, schrieb nospam:

he exposes the true trolls, you and your new bff, mayayana.

While you, nospam, always prove in every post that...
1. You lack technical competency
2. Hence, you merely guess (scoring about how the monkeys do)
3. Worse, you purposefully post only with malice and ill intent.

Meanwhile, on the adult platform newsgroup, we made tremendous progress,
and have solved the problem, with this verbatim snippet simply being just
one examples of the solutions proposed.

*** *** *** *** Adult purposefully helpful post from Paul *** *** *** ***
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4...uite-free.html
Last updated: January 14, 2013
Windows Serial number: 1130-1414-7569-4457-6613-5551
Developer: Adobe, License: Commercial OS: Windows File size: 1.5 GB
Installation:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/...nstall_Win.pdf
Tutorial:
http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/.../MLTI/VCS2.zip

In the CS2 incident, Adobe pulled the plug on their Activation Server.
This would have left legitimate customers with no means to re-install
the software when they wanted. This was still "buy to own" software
back in those days, and not rental software.

You would think that most customers would have registered their
purchase, and Adobe could mail some sort of details to each
customer, with a means of resolving the issue.

Instead, Adobe put up copies of the executable installers,
along with some sort of "generic" keys for each tool. People
started downloading both the license keys, and the executables,
who had not purchased the product originally. (Like this is a surprise.)

After a while, Adobe sent out a press release indicating this
wasn't some hidden intent. This wasn't "trial" software. And at that
point, the software wasn't their current version. It was an older version.

The presumption at the time was, the keys were cracked, and the
Activation Server really wasn't achieving anything. People who might
have been pirating the stuff, were probably getting hacked executables
and so on. But there isn't any additional information or background
story, as to why Adobe chose this route to solve the "legit customer"
problem with having an Activation Server turned off. The whole
episode was... pretty weird.

Sites continue, to this day, to present links to copies of that software.
Adobe might have required a user to set up an Adobe Account (just like
when you used to do a Trial with Adobe), to "gate" the download of those.
People who present copies today like TechSpot, do it so users don't have
to get an Adobe Account just to get the files.

There is a trick to installing it. Each EXE has an unpacker. The
first CD also includes an installer that starts right away.

You can unpack the software, anywhere you want. I put the unpacked
materials on C:\CS2 for example. When "1" unpacks, it creates
a folder "Adobe Creative CS2" or similar, and underneath that,
you might see one tool folder.

When you unpack 2,3,4 EXEs, you can copy the two or one or four
folders, and put them under C:\CS2\Adobe Creative CS2\ in parallel
with the tools on 1. This builds a folder with everything in it,
and the installer "stops asking for CD 2".

You might want to practice in a VM first, until you get the hang of
it.

Anyway, the purpose of the post, was to show that *some* representation
does open in Adobe Illustrator, if you pass a PDF.

The steps to post-process the work, to you or me don't seem onerous,
but the person actually doing the workflow will have their own
rules and methods of conducting business.

Generally, for embedded fonts, the intention is not to "carry" embedded
versions through multiple tools in a workflow. Any time a font needs
to be processed, the tool expects the full font to be available.
This "proves" the font is licensed for one thing, or that the
owner actually has a full copy of the font. The font itself may have
licensing bits, which indicate whether copies or embeds can be done

Full Font

Tool 1 Full Font
| |
+---- (embed font for ---- import --- Tool 2
print purposes) |
+--- embed subset...

That could be why the operator feels the need to "load" the
font for your "job". In the case of my LibreOffice experiment,
it was two fonts, because one font seems to be erroneously
referenced in the PDF.

People who do that sort of work, use "Font Managers". A Font
Manager may have folders with 10,000 fonts in it, and the
Font Manager loads only a subset into the system. This covers
situations where the system doesn't actually behave well if
there are 10,000 fonts in the system folder. I think I did a
test like that once, and the OS was borked well before getting
to a high number like that. So they might not "load" your
font in a conventional sense, but make it an entry in
the Font Manager which is loaded as a subset for the job.

Paul
*** *** *** *** Adult purposefully helpful post from Paul *** *** *** ***

The PDF seems to work.

Here is a simulation.

1) Sample file made in LibreOffice Impress (the equivalent of PowerPoint).
I selected a paper size of 17"x11" and I don't know if I could
have selected a paper size that you wanted. In any case,
this is the PDF exported from LibreOffice. The fonts are embedded.

I didn't want to put the word "squirrel" at the top of the drawing,
and LibreOffice tries to embed LiberationSerif font for nothing.
I added the title "squirrel" and applied LibrationSerif font, so
it would have something to embed. This stopped one warning from
Acrobat Reader when I verified the document exported.

https://s17.postimg.org/hne85qcbj/ex...uirrel_pdf.gif

2) This is Illustrator CS2 pulling in the PDF.

https://s17.postimg.org/4yjxm1qrj/illus_CS2.gif

Illustrator complains about both fonts in this case, even
though they're embedded. But it proceeds anyway to convert
the font to outlines and it shows the control points as
being selected.

The operator would then have to create a CutContour where the
red box I put around the outside is located. That's still going
to cost you a "layout" charge, simply because the machine
cannot start the printing process, unless a CutContour is
defined. Illustrator has at least two kinds of data stored
inside it, while PDF has only one. The Illustrator in a way,
is a "dual representation".

There's no point in me saving out the Illustrator .ai file,
as it really wouldn't have any meaning (i.e. I don't have
any more steps that I can realistically simulate).

If you remember the CS2 incident, this is what I used for
the simulation, in a VM. You need four files from this page,
a copy of QuickTime 6.0.0 from oldversions, your squirrel4.pdf,
to do the very quick Illustrator test.

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4...uite-free.html

This test doesn't prove much of anything, except that the PDF
does pull into Illustrator. If you needed to "re-purpose" the
artwork while it was inside Illustrator, it might be quite
a challenge to do anything with it. It doesn't look like the
importation is "seamless", at least, it doesn't give that
impression so far. But for your purposes, it might not matter.

I got the idea to do the test, from here. I didn't need to
tick any boxes like "Convert All Text" or "Convert All Strokes"
and the tool seemed to do more or less what you wanted automatically.

http://blog.globalizationpartners.co...-are-lost.aspx

The edge of the font looks pretty weird, and I don't
know exactly how to describe how the font has been
converted. It doesn't look exactly like Bezier.

https://s17.postimg.org/ekijzkbf3/font_edges.gif

Paul

*** *** *** *** Adult purposefully helpful post from Paul *** *** *** ***

Alan Browne[_2_] April 1st 18 07:09 PM

On 2018-03-28 23:07, Ragnusen Ultred wrote:
Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint & with fonts?

I have someone making signs for me on a vinyl style printer where she says
she can't read in the Microsoft Powerpoint and fonts, even though I've
embedded the entire truetype set (not just what's used in the document) in
the PowerPoint file.

I don't have a Mac nor Adobe Illustrator to test it out, but can't
Illustrator just read in the PowerPoint file with the fonts?

She says it can't do either, so she has to re-create the sign from a JPEG
which seems pretty ridiculous to me but I don't know the technology at all
since I have never done it.

It's basically two question:
1. Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a PowerPoint file from Windows?
2. If yes, can't it get the font out of the embedded font in the PPT file?

As usual, Microsoft have diddled you:
https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-3af1bab640de

Near the bottom of that page is a section: "Text and Fonts". It says:

"Also remember that Windows versions of PowerPoint can embed
TrueType fonts within a presentation. But these embedded fonts
cannot be seen by Mac versions of PowerPoint."

Microsoft can't get it right w/i their own product line on 2 platforms.
I doubt that Adobe can do much better in pulling the font.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."

Ragnusen Ultred April 2nd 18 12:10 AM

Am Sun, 1 Apr 2018 14:09:09 -0400, schrieb Alan Browne:

As usual, Microsoft have diddled you:
https://support.office.com/en-us/art...c-3af1bab640de

Near the bottom of that page is a section: "Text and Fonts". It says:

"Also remember that Windows versions of PowerPoint can embed
TrueType fonts within a presentation. But these embedded fonts
cannot be seen by Mac versions of PowerPoint."

Microsoft can't get it right w/i their own product line on 2 platforms.
I doubt that Adobe can do much better in pulling the font.

Hi Alan Browne,

Thank you for being purposefully helpful and for being an adult, by
bringing up that very important compatibility issue which is really a
Microsoft flaw, and not a Mac bug, although it affects the Mac and not
Windows.

Basically Microsoft doesn't let Mac Office read the fonts that were
embedded by Windows Office.

You'll note that I mentioned this long ago, but I don't remember if it was
mentioned in this r.p.d thread or in the a.c.o.w-10 thread, where your
admonition is very important.

The fact is that the Mac MS Office doesn't respect the Windows MS Office
embedded fonts, which is why we were hoping the Windows PDF with embedded
fonts will have better luck on the Mac with Adobe Illustrator.

So the question is really now whether the Mac can read embedded fonts in
the PDF file.

I don't have a Mac to answer that question, so I'm currently attempting to
answer that question using the Windows Adobe Illustrator.

Here is the progress we've made, to date, on the Windows newsgroup, which
has been extremely helpful, and technically competent, as always, no matter
what question is asked (nor how inconvenient the facts may be).

Here's a tutorial I just wrote up, for example, for the Windows users to
benefit from, where I simply asked them to help me figure out why the
second CD keeps being asked for.

There must be a trick - which I'm clearly ignorant of - to get the 2nd CD
to be found - but I just posted that question moments ago, so we'll wait
for the Windows users to figure it out, and then anyone can repeat the
tests I'm running, because that's how we work on the Windows and Linux
newsgroups.
==== ==== ====
1. Download the 4 files from:
https://www.techspot.com/downloads/4...uite-free.html
-----
Name: CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe
Size: 375638402 bytes (358 MB)
SHA256: 36DACE2549BDE94D7A45281380EEF453FD2AF38EDA19348FA3 DE567549A696EC
SHA1: 1538166046E59DB6098F75C3196E84AD9310DEA1
-----
Name: CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe
Size: 427451410 bytes (407 MB)
SHA256: 5862668CA45C0196777D3D4E2108D0A6F0750F6965769CB573 0944D3520DBB54
Size: 427451410 bytes (407 MB)
SHA1: D06911267603474B43F3F39E4B00029787173962
-----
Name: CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3.exe
Size: 346373903 bytes (330 MB)
SHA256: C662F1C431FAA33160523545FDA3BD58F29ED3616CB8E6D183 5CCE810AD5AB30
SHA1: 54BA48723D657E4A86903ED2C876381488C8F945
-----
Name: CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1.exe
Size: 431237012 bytes (411 MB)
SHA256: 921402DA55BFEF5E6E21DE2261F725FFE0A451153F453000FB 3152635E1161BE
SHA1: 1C6CC05D49244ED1417B3E2C3136D4FD0B7F57E0

2. Unpack by right clicking & selecting 7Zip unpack to (choose the
default):
-----
CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe unpacks with 7Zip to
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\.
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1\Design Guide.pdf
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1\How To Install.html
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1\How to Uninstall.pdf
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1\Read Me First.html
-----
CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe unpacks with 7Zip to
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2\Adobe InDesign CS2\.
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2\Adobe Version Cue CS2\.
-----
CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3.exe unpacks with 7Zip to
.\CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\.
-----
CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1.exe unpacks with 7Zip to
.\CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1\Adobe Solutions Network\.
.\CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1\Documentation\.
.\CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1\Goodies\.
.\CS_2.0_WWE_Extras_1\Technical Information\.

3. Combine all files and directories into a single directory:
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\.
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Adobe InDesign CS2\.
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Adobe Solutions Network\.
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Adobe Version Cue CS2\.
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Design Guide.pdf
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Documentation\.
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Goodies\.
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\How To Install.html
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\How to Uninstall.pdf
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Read Me First.html
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Technical Information\.

4. Run the installer (I ran on Windows 10 1709 Creator's Edition):
.\CreativeSuite\CS2\Adobe Creative Suite 2.0\Setup.exe

5. You'll get a warning that "QuickTime 6 is required to use the
multimedia features in the Adobe Creative Suite 2", which you
can ignore.

6. Then it will require a Name (default = "Windows User") & serial number.
Name: Windows user
Company: blank
Serial Number 1130 1414 7569 4457 6613 5551

7. It will default to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe
It says it will use up 2.62GB
I put mine in C:\app\editor\pic\cs2

8. There will be a choice of what components to install:
[x] Adobe Illustrator CS2 (600MB)
[x] Adobe InDesign CS2 (400MB)
[x] Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Adobe ImageReady CS2 (450MB)
[x] Adobe Version Cue CS2 (300MB)

9. It will start installing and then ask:
"Please insert CD 2 to continue installation"
where if you hit the "OK" button, it will ask forever
for that CD 2.

Note: It seems to have installed Photoshop though, but nothing else.

10. So I hit cancel, and then ran the Setup.exe again.
Up pops an option to "Change/Remove the Adobe Creative Suite 2"
with the two options:
(_) Install, Re-install, or Uninstall Individual Adobe CS2 Components
(o) Uninstall all Adobe Creative Suite 2 Components

So I switch that default to:
(0) Install, Re-install, or Uninstall Individual Adobe CS2 Components
(_) Uninstall all Adobe Creative Suite 2 Components

11. This time a form came up to "Change Individual Components", saying:
Please select the components of the Adobe Creative Suite 2 to modify.
Adobe Illustrator CS2 (600MB)
[No Change - Not Installed] or [Install]
Adobe InDesign CS2 (400MB)
[No Change - Not Installed] or [Install]
Adobe Photoshop CS2 & Adobe ImageReady CS2 (450MB)
[No Change - Installed] or [Uninstall] or [Re-Install]
Adobe Version Cue CS2 (300MB)
[No Change - Not Installed] or [Install]
Where the first item in the list is the default.

12. I changed the Adobe Illustrator CS2 to "Install" & hit Next
and waited for it to display a "Finish" button, which I hit
and the installation GUI went away.

13. So I ran the Setup.exe again.
Up pops an option to "Change/Remove the Adobe Creative Suite 2"
with the two options:
(_) Install, Re-install, or Uninstall Individual Adobe CS2 Components
(o) Uninstall all Adobe Creative Suite 2 Components

So I switch that default to:
(0) Install, Re-install, or Uninstall Individual Adobe CS2 Components
(_) Uninstall all Adobe Creative Suite 2 Components

14. Now the "Change Individual Components" form says:
Please select the components of the Adobe Creative Suite 2 to modify.
Adobe Illustrator CS2 (600MB)
[No Change - Installed] or [Uninstall] or [Re-Install]
Adobe InDesign CS2 (400MB)
[No Change - Not Installed] or [Install]
Adobe Photoshop CS2 & Adobe ImageReady CS2 (450MB)
[No Change - Installed] or [Uninstall] or [Re-Install]
Adobe Version Cue CS2 (300MB)
[No Change - Not Installed] or [Install]
Where the first item in the list is the default.

15. This time I selected both the remaining tools to install and hit Next.
Drat.
It asked for CD 2 and wouldn't take anything else for an answer.
So I had to quit.

16. So I ran the Setup.exe again and only selected one product to install.
Adobe InDesign CS2 (400MB)
But it asked for CD 2 so I killed that.

17. So I ran the Setup.exe again and only selected one product to install.
Adobe Version Cue CS2 (300MB)
But it asked for CD 2 so I killed that.

18. Giving up on the entire suite, I then looked to see what was installed.
C:\editor\app\pic\cs2\.
Adobe Bridge\.
Adobe Creative Suite 2\.
Adobe Help Center\.
Adobe Illustrator CS2\.
Adobe Photoshop CS2\.
Adobe Stock Photos \.

19. I guess the executables of interest a
C:\editor\app\pic\cs2\Adobe Illustrator CS2\Adobe Illustrator CS2.lnk
Right clicking on the shortcut to select properties shows:
Target: "C:\app\editor\pic\cs2\Adobe Illustrator CS2\Support
Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe
Open In: "c:\app\editor\pic\cs2\Adobe Illustrator CS2\Support
Files\Contents\Windows\"
C:\editor\app\pic\cs2\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Photoshop.exe
C:\editor\app\pic\cs2\Adobe Bridge\Bridge.exe

20. Creating a shortcut to the Photoshop executable and running it
pops up Photoshop version 9.0 and a voluntary registration form
and then automatically checks for updates.

Photoshop, which I've never used, appears to be working.

21. Running the Adobe Illustrator shortcut seems to run Adobe Illustrator
version 12.0.0 and it doesn't ask for registration (probably because
the first executable you run is what asks).

Illustrator, which I've never used, appears to be working.

Eric Stevens April 2nd 18 12:15 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 10:14:38 -0400, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

It may have been better if Ragnusen Ultred had written "readily
available".

no difference.

Bananas are readily available but they are not generally free. That is
why it can be misleading to say they are freely available.

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

yes necessarily.

Even if he already has a license?

Eric Stevens

nospam April 2nd 18 12:17 AM

wrote:

Here's a tutorial I just wrote up, for example, for the Windows users to
benefit from, where I simply asked them to help me figure out why the
second CD keeps being asked for.

you can't even manage to pirate software without having problems.

nospam April 2nd 18 12:17 AM

wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

It may have been better if Ragnusen Ultred had written "readily
available".

no difference.

Bananas are readily available but they are not generally free. That is
why it can be misleading to say they are freely available.

bananas are not software

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

yes necessarily.

Even if he already has a license?

he doesn't and you know it.

Eric Stevens April 2nd 18 12:18 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 08:36:34 -0700, Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

[...]

I will let you work out which side you think I belong to.

In writing ' "freely available" does not mean that it's "free" ' I was
writing about the source of the possible confusion of others, not
illustrating my own.

Eric Stevens

Eric Stevens April 2nd 18 12:21 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Sun, 1 Apr 2018 10:13:45 +1200, Your Name

On 2018-03-31 09:01:46 +0000, Eric Stevens said:
On Sat, 31 Mar 2018 01:10:49 -0400, nospam
wrote:
In article , Ragnusen Ultred
wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

It may have been better if Ragnusen Ultred had written "readily
available".

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

If you're downloading the tweaked versions from Adobe without actually
owning a licence, then yes, you are pirating it. The instructions on
Aodbe's download page specifically say you have to already own a
licence.

That was more or less my point. While piracy was probable it is not
necessarily piracy in every case. In saying "you are pirating it"
nospam had jumped to a conclusion which was not necessarily correct.

Eric Stevens

nospam April 2nd 18 12:29 AM

wrote:

from the freely available Windows version of Adobe Illustrator.

illustrator is not free nor has it ever been free.

"freely available" does not mean that it's "free".

It may have been better if Ragnusen Ultred had written "readily
available".

you are pirating it.

Not necessarily.

If you're downloading the tweaked versions from Adobe without actually
owning a licence, then yes, you are pirating it. The instructions on
Aodbe's download page specifically say you have to already own a
licence.

That was more or less my point. While piracy was probable it is not
necessarily piracy in every case. In saying "you are pirating it"
nospam had jumped to a conclusion which was not necessarily correct.

nope. i explained that.

the reality is that 'ultred' doesn't have a license and is pirating it.

Savageduck[_3_] April 2nd 18 12:56 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

On Apr 1, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

wrote:

[...]

Consider that you responded to his r.p.d. OP. The poster of many nyms then
added a cross post to comp.sys.mac.apps which has added to his confusion.

In writing ' "freely available" does not mean that it's "free" ' I was
writing about the source of the possible confusion of others, not
illustrating my own.

At some point historically Adobe had the expectation that folks accessing Ai
CS2, or any of the CS2 suite, had bought a license, and might have lost the
media. They were not announcing a free for all pirating operation.

The other issue is Ai CS2 is not supported by any Intel Apple computer. So it
will only run on a legacy PPC Mac, the last of which were sold in 2006 back
in the days of the G5 and OSX 10.4 Tiger, and most of those have been
retired.

Savageduck

nospam April 2nd 18 01:03 AM

Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

The other issue is Ai CS2 is not supported by any Intel Apple computer. So it
will only run on a legacy PPC Mac, the last of which were sold in 2006 back
in the days of the G5 and OSX 10.4 Tiger, and most of those have been
retired.

it also won't run on recent versions of windows either.

adobe took the activation servers offline because there were no new
customers.