PhotoBanter.com

-   -   External flash with Ewa-Marine housing: too close to the body? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=9565)

Dmitri August 16th 04 03:12 AM

External flash with Ewa-Marine housing: too close to the body?

I am considering buying Ewa-Marine U-AXP underwater housing
(http://www.ewa-marine.de/english/cameras/e-uaxp.htm) for my Canon
EOS-300D (Digital Rebel). I intend to use it with external Sigma
EF-500 DG Super flash.

Although U-AXP does take external flashes, I am worried that the flash
is too close to the body. If anyone has posted pictures taken with a
similar setup I would very much appreciate a link and any comments.

Many thanks,

Dmitri

Jack SlopehE@d August 16th 04 10:01 AM

(
http://www.ewa-marine.de/english/cameras/e-uaxp.htm) for my Canon
EOS-300D (Digital Rebel). I intend to use it with external Sigma
EF-500 DG Super flash.

Although U-AXP does take external flashes, I am worried that the flash
is too close to the body. If anyone has posted pictures taken with a
similar setup I would very much appreciate a link and any comments.

Many thanks,

Dmitri

I thought about that housing, strictly for the price. I have an
EWA-Marine housing for my camcorder. It was a good thing I didn't
need access to any buttons and it's hard to mess with that stuff
underwater with their housings (the bag kind). I just ordered my
Digital Rebel over the weekend from tristate camera and I think I'm
going with the Ikelite 6870 Underwater Housing. It's a hardshell that
gives you access to all your settings underwater. You can buy strobe
arms for it. I know that may not help you out... but that's what I've
been looking at for my trip to St. Lucia in November.

Red Stick Chris August 16th 04 10:41 PM

You might want to check out the Forums section at www.wetpixel.com, if
you haven't already.

Red Stick Chris August 16th 04 10:41 PM

Mike Welch September 1st 04 05:02 AM

(Red Stick Chris) wrote in message . com...
You might want to check out the Forums section at
www.wetpixel.com, if
you haven't already.

I was very pleased with the U-AXP and my Digital Rebel :

http://www.mikewelch.com/photogaller...water_housing/

Good Luck,

Mike