PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Well, I figured out what the heron was eating... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13598)

Brian C. Baird September 21st 04 10:22 PM

Well, I figured out what the heron was eating...

....from the stream behind my house. Frogs. Lots and lots of frogs.
Plus crayfish. I wandered around in some larger pools and could find
any crayfish larger than an 1" long. They try to pinch, but it doesn't
do much good with such tiny claws.

I guess I'll have to stake out a well-hidden shooting position to catch
him in the act next time he's in town. I'd rent a 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS
for a day or two if I knew he was coming every day like he was earlier
in the summer, but I think he cleaned out the stream pretty good and has
moved to greener pastures.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/