PhotoBanter.com

-   -   The Smartphone Upgrade? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131222)

android February 26th 18 06:29 AM

The Smartphone Upgrade?

"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-camera/
--
teleportation kills

Savageduck[_3_] February 26th 18 07:50 AM

The Smartphone Upgrade?

android wrote:
"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-camera/

OK!

....but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
still photography.

Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
irritating.

Savageduck

android February 26th 18 10:28 AM

The Smartphone Upgrade?

Savageduck Wrote in message:
android wrote:
"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-camera/

OK!

...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
still photography.

Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
irritating.

My EOS M1 is doing just fine, TYVM and will remain in my messenger
till it fails or I cave and get meself a M6, M7 or what ever. I
don't se the M50 as an upgrade aimed towards folks like me and it
won't fit my coat pocket!
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

android February 26th 18 02:18 PM

The Smartphone Upgrade?

android wrote:
"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-camera/

OK!

...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
still photography.

Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
irritating.

My EOS M1 is doing just fine, TYVM and will remain in my messenger
till it fails or I cave and get meself a M6, M7 or what ever. I
don't se the M50 as an upgrade aimed towards folks like me and it
won't fit my coat pocket!

Yes I agree with that, one of the main reason for me to get the M3 was
so that I could fit it in my coat pocket (removing the lens) now if I
could only get that monopod in my trouser pocket without getting
strange looks :-)

Stringpod? They don't make you look dorky at all!!!

How to make:

http://www.instructables.com/id/String-Tripod/

How to use:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/diy-the-string-tripod-aka-stringpod/
--
teleportation kills

PeterN[_7_] February 26th 18 08:41 PM

The Smartphone Upgrade?

On 2/26/2018 2:50 AM, Savageduck wrote:
android wrote:
"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-camera/

OK!

...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
still photography.

Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
irritating.

Yep!
You and I are old fashioned farts. Just as there are painters who lament
digital painting, and devotees of film photography. Markets are amorphous.

--
PeterN

android February 26th 18 10:39 PM

The Smartphone Upgrade?

android wrote:
"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-camera/

OK!

...but you still have a fat Canon. I believe there are better 24 MP APS-C
ILC’s available, even if your main purchasing focus is 4K video rather than
still photography.

Personally I am a stills photographer, not a videographer, and as such I
find the move toward video development by all of the manufacturers a little
irritating.

Yep!
You and I are old fashioned farts. Just as there are painters who lament
digital painting, and devotees of film photography. Markets are amorphous.

I'm not looking for videoin an *ILC. All I've done soo far is
transfering my farthers double eight home movies to MP4s with the
M. I used a fast 'n dirty but surprisingly effective method
decribed on me blog.
--
Bats can't tell us apart!

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

SMS February 28th 18 05:30 PM

The Smartphone Upgrade?

On 2/25/2018 10:29 PM, android wrote:
"Upgrading from a smartphone camera to an entry-level interchangeable
lens camera (ILC) can be considered to some people a daunting task."

http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-announces-the-eos-m50-mirrorless-camera/

A little late with an M series with a viewfinder considering how many
people have already moved to Fuji mirrorless, including a lot of
professionals.

But with the Canon EF-M Lens Adapter Kit there's definitely a path for
current EOS owners.